Is anyone else helping someone with a degenerative illness?

Scareltt

Literotica Guru
I got to spend the day with my husband and his treatment team. They’re changing his meds, and he’s officially been classified as Huntingtons disease stage 3.. or maybe it’s Stage 3 Huntingtons.

It’s breaking my heart watching him struggle.

As hard as it is for the care givers to watch their loved ones suffer, I have to imagine it’s much harder on the afflicted to keep their spirits up and let someone care for them.

I am in awe of their courage in the face of what they are experiencing.

As hard as it is for the care givers to watch their loved ones suffer, I have to imagine it’s much harder on the afflicted to keep their spirits up and let someone care for them.

You’re correct. It’s difficult for all involved. It’s also very sad to see this person who was once so capable being unable to help themselves.

I have Parkinson's disease. I'm the patient. And yes it's hard turning over my life to someone else to manage. I try to hide the worst symptoms from her, but that only works for so long.

You’re correct. It’s difficult for all involved. It’s also very sad to see this person who was once so capable being unable to help themselves.
Hello Scareltt. I'm so very sorry and unfortunately I know what you are experiencing and feeling. My husband died from HD in 2019.
You are right, it was heart wrenching to watch my strong, independent, happy, kind and stubborn husband deteriorate into a man who could do nothing for himself. It is a horrible disease and no one should have to go through it without support. I'm happy to help however I can, feel free to message me anytime.

Really sorry to hear that, Scarlett.

My Roomy got a bad report today on her Cat Scan...said maybe six months.

But then her Daddy was on his death bed for thirty years so...

Keep us posted!
FGB

After my dad died I dropped out of school to care for my mum full time, I don’t really feel comfortable talking about it but she’s had such a rough time. Nothing more important in life then family.

Hello Scareltt. I'm so very sorry and unfortunately I know what you are experiencing and feeling. My husband died from HD in 2019.
You are right, it was heart wrenching to watch my strong, independent, happy, kind and stubborn husband deteriorate into a man who could do nothing for himself. It is a horrible disease and no one should have to go through it without support. I'm happy to help however I can, feel free to message me anytime.
Sorry for your loss hun

Yep they totally changed his meds and it’s going to be a few weeks before he’s back in balance finger’s crossed..
And toes.
I know there are no curative meds for Huntington's but I hope the new medications have eased his suffering and subsequently your own, too. ❤️

My father had frontotemporal dementia. The last few years of his life was horrible for him.

It's never easy watching our loved ones go through these kinds of things. I wish you and your family well and at peace.

I got to spend the day with my husband and his treatment team. They’re changing his meds, and he’s officially been classified as Huntingtons disease stage 3.. or maybe it’s Stage 3 Huntingtons.

It’s breaking my heart watching him struggle.
I care for my wife..traumatic brain injury 7 years ago....I feel you..u wanna talk hmu

Without going into too much detail, yes. We don’t know what the cause is, and my wife is bedridden. She needs to be transferred via Hoyer lift to a wheelchair. Complete head to toe care. There is no cognitive decline. So she does all of her business on her own, watches TV, scrolls her phone, able to make decisions. So that’s a plus.

Back