Indiana's Obamacare rates for 2015 all over the map

Yeah, like I said earlier, there's this thing called a "free market". Premiums are going to rise as health care costs rise. Obamacare, in theory, should help slow that growth. It's not perfect, as you seem to delight in pointing out.

But...it's a quantum improvement over the old system overall.

"But...it's a quantum improvement over the old system overall."

Now I think you're not being serious.

Except since it's government run it is highly inefficient, much moreso than a private company is. The government answers to no one, private companies answer a consumers needs. As much as people want to say the government is ruled by the people, that sentiment is laughable.

ETA: the government does answer to someone, and that is itself. Lobbyists, the political machine, profit, and greed.

It's the fault of the citizens of the country that the federal government is as poorly run as it is. You elect clowns, you get a circus.

It's the fault of the citizens of the country that the federal government is as poorly run as it is. You elect clowns, you get a circus.

There are only clowns on the ballot. The REAL candidates don't get that far because they choose to run outside the "traditional" party lines and therefore do not get funded adequately.

Obamacare accelerated the increase in deductibles drastically.

No it didn't. The high cost of our health care system did. It was either high deductibles or your employers weren't going to cover you anymore.

There are only clowns on the ballot. The REAL candidates don't get that far because they choose to run outside the "traditional" party lines and therefore do not get funded adequately.

Unfortunately, you're correct.

Except since it's government run it is highly inefficient, much moreso than a private company is. The government answers to no one, private companies answer a consumers needs. As much as people want to say the government is ruled by the people, that sentiment is laughable.

ETA: the government does answer to someone, and that is itself. Lobbyists, the political machine, profit, and greed.

Single payer health systems deliver higher quality outcomes at a lower cost than our private system and have higher customer satisfaction.

No it didn't. The high cost of our health care system did. It was either high deductibles or your employers weren't going to cover you anymore.

You don't know what you're talking about. Of course Obamacare accelerated the increase in deductibles. You can't mandate covering pre-existing conditions and eliminating lifetime limits and all the rest without forcing adjustments.

You don't know what you're talking about. Of course Obamacare accelerated the increase in deductibles. You can't mandate covering pre-existing conditions and eliminating lifetime limits and all the rest without forcing adjustments.

Yes I do. I'm in the industry. The system was paying for those people already.

Bullshit. If that were the case no one would have been for change.

Those folks were getting health care, but their costs were getting absorbed as a stop loss in the system. You think people without coverage weren't getting sick and getting treatment? They were, they were just not paying for it and were going into bankruptcy. That's not a sustainable system.

"But...it's a quantum improvement over the old system overall."

Now I think you're not being serious.

In all honesty, I don't give a flying fuck what you think. You're hard-wired to hate Obamacare. We get that.

It's been restructuring for years in preparation. Some of the pieces of the law went into effect several years ago already.

Just as a note, I read benefits packages for a living. I saw ALL kinds of plans, most had a family deductible of $1500 (didn't matter how big your family was, as long as it included more than one person). Now, the deductibles are as listed in the article. My ex has Anthem. Just to cover himself the deductible is 6k.

Wow, it sounds grim.

Those folks were getting health care, but their costs were getting absorbed as a stop loss in the system. You think people without coverage weren't getting sick and getting treatment? They were, they were just not paying for it and were going into bankruptcy. That's not a sustainable system.

You call that the system paying for those people already? That's ridiculous. And of course the old way was unsustainable. The problem is the new way is also unsustainable.

You call that the system paying for those people already? That's ridiculous. And of course the old way was unsustainable. The problem is the new way is also unsustainable.
Then tell your Congresspeople to solve it and quit griping to us.

Yes, the cost of those folks is factored in to the $20/pill of Tylenol you are given while in the hospital.

Covering those folks and bringing them into the payer model is better than keeping them out.

Wow, it sounds grim.[/QUOTe

And then to add insult to injury mine and my sons deductible would be 1500 (through the exchange.)

So our total family deductible would have been 7500. Affordable? Not so much!

I worked for a major health care insurer in 2012. The family deductible was $6000 on our insurance.

These high deductible plans aren't ACA's fault, they are an industry idea.

Back