I'd almost forgotten

StillStunned

Writing...
My work has been busy for the past months. As in, 10-15 hours a day, including weekends. Before that I had a bad flu that lingered for weeks. All that left me with little energy to write, except starting stories that I've put aside after a thousand words or so. I've only published four stories here since the end of November, and two of those were quite dark and not really focused on sex.

But now I've given myself permission to take the morning off, and work on the next instalment of "My Little Sister Sal" ("Too Cold Not to Fuck" and its sequels). The setup was already done, but I couldn't get into the sex scenes.

Until now. And it's so much fun. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the process of describing the tiny details of touch and scent and taste. It puts the characters entirely in the moment, and as a writer I'm there too. Forget about plot, forget about character arcs, just write the hottest sex I can picture.

Let me tell you, some of my characters are the luckiest people alive.

I wish I had some of their lives, maybe even most.

On most days being drugged and gang raped, sold into sex slavery and trained as a house pet just isn't my cup of tea. LOL
I don’t write about that stuff. It’s not my kink. Voluntary orgies where the only drugs are legal is a bit different. Heh.

Been in a minor slump myself so I'm focusing more on reading than writing at the moment.

Got a few half finished stories in the folder, hoping one will spark soon.

I'm concentrating on finishing the novella Biker Fantasy. An initiation rumble, a lot of MF action, a violent kidnapping and rescue, followed by a goodbye gangbang is what I have planned. We'll see if I can get it out before V-Day. :)

FWIW, I have arrived at that point where my writing has matured... yeah, right... where detailed sex isn't as necessary as it was. I'll do some Tab A->Slot B when it enhances the scene, but the focal point is always the story and the characters' personalities and interactions. Actually, since most of what I'm writing currently is group sex, any details about the physicality is described more for scene setting than titillation.

The few readers I have - only 20% of my stories have >10K views - seem to appreciate this approach. I'll take it.

I envy you. Writing hot sex is like paying my tax bill -- I dread it, but it has to get done.
I've drifted in that direction the last couple of years. The story, characters, and build up are what I enjoy writing, when it comes to the sex I have to overcome an initial feeling of "Here we go again" before I can get it started. There are still a few scenes-and its due to the set up-that have returned me to the days of letting it rip and having fun with it, and as the OP states its a good feeling, but its few and far between these days.

14 years, 200+ e-books, stories here, a few commissions, have led to more sex scenes than I could possibly count, and many I don't remember anything about. Hard to stay interested after a point in time.

On most days being drugged and gang raped, sold into sex slavery and trained as a house pet just isn't my cup of tea. LOL
But there's more than enough tea drinkers to support it here. Even though everything you just listed is against the site's rules. :rolleyes:

Heh, I made a funny.

that point where my writing has matured.
Do you mean that you're burned out on sex scenes, or bored of writing? Because it seems a bit odd here on Lit to be calling writing explicit scenes immature.

If anything, I'd say it requires maturity to incorporate explicit scenes in way that seems natural.

If anything, I'd say it requires maturity to incorporate explicit scenes in way that seems natural.

That's it. The maturity of style is how the sex integrates into the flow rather than being dropped into a gap in the story line. I've read quite a bit in the forum how some folks have trouble with that, story first, now what do I do about the sex scene? I also don't dwell nearly as much on the mechanics unless the explicit detail makes sense with the setup for it.

I often dread writing the sex scene. I can see it in my head, know how it’s going to go, and have already laid out the dialogue in my head. To me it’s done, typing it out is hard work.

whats funny is sometimes I write the story around a sex scene in my head, (I think about sex a lot). The whole story is just to get the characters to that sex scene And then it’s hard to write.

my last story I tried something different. Wrote it as a descriptive essay of a situation and wrote very little about the actual sex. It’s doing under 4 in the scoring which is unusual for me.

I mixed up styles to keep it interesting and motivating. I do have multiple stories in series that the original character took a turn and I rolled with it, ending up there was a bit of lather, rinse, repeat to both please those readers and see if I could make the hot lists and all times since those seemed my best shot. Anyhoo, aside from those, it’s been fun experimenting with different voices and styles and I still laugh at one series. But some of my best stuff is probably lost in the threads of author challenges back in the day.

I've drifted in that direction the last couple of years. The story, characters, and build up are what I enjoy writing, when it comes to the sex I have to overcome an initial feeling of "Here we go again" before I can get it started. There are still a few scenes-and its due to the set up-that have returned me to the days of letting it rip and having fun with it, and as the OP states its a good feeling, but its few and far between these days.

14 years, 200+ e-books, stories here, a few commissions, have led to more sex scenes than I could possibly count, and many I don't remember anything about. Hard to stay interested after a point in time.
Sometimes I'm into it. Sometimes, well... if you're hungry, the food won't cook itself.

My work has been busy for the past months. As in, 10-15 hours a day, including weekends. Before that I had a bad flu that lingered for weeks. All that left me with little energy to write, except starting stories that I've put aside after a thousand words or so. I've only published four stories here since the end of November, and two of those were quite dark and not really focused on sex.

But now I've given myself permission to take the morning off, and work on the next instalment of "My Little Sister Sal" ("Too Cold Not to Fuck" and its sequels). The setup was already done, but I couldn't get into the sex scenes.

Until now. And it's so much fun. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the process of describing the tiny details of touch and scent and taste. It puts the characters entirely in the moment, and as a writer I'm there too. Forget about plot, forget about character arcs, just write the hottest sex I can picture.

Let me tell you, some of my characters are the luckiest people alive.
I love it when that happens. It happens to me sometimes when I'm working on something long and challenging that isn't cooperating, and I start to find writing kind of a grind and a chore. Then I pivot and switch to something fun, and I get that momentum back and suddenly remember why I'm doing this in the first place.

Back