I guess we're all due a category question - here's mine. See post 45.

How detailed are her fantasies? If you have her day dreaming in detail or are going to write some of her explicit dreams, you may get away with mature, and maybe at the end when the daughter and boyfriend are leaving she gives him a hug and a cryptic "Thank you"
I'm leaning more toward the Mature category now. The fantasies are very detailed. I'm not going to give the ending away, but there probably won't be a resolution. It will end with more question marks.

... I wonder why people want to write a story just to watch it fail? Just to get a reaction? I could almost tell you the reaction. ...
But that's my reason for posting to LW.

You "could almost guess" ... just like many of the other opinionated posters here do, with only their own assumptions of what they think the LW reader is.

What do YOU consider a failure?

Is a quest for the coveted Red-H any more important than actually learning something while doubling their potential views and reader reactions (for good and bad?)

I wrote something slightly similar for one of the 750 words contest and put it in Fetish.

But that's my reason for posting to LW.

You "could almost guess" ... just like many of the other opinionated posters here do, with only their own assumptions of what they think the LW reader is.

What do YOU consider a failure?

Is a quest for the coveted Red-H any more important than actually learning something while doubling their potential views and reader reactions (for good and bad?)
Some of these people are drug addicts for thst H and you know it.

Didn’t one of the Popes say cheating in your mind was still cheating. Or was that the misogynists misogynist, St. Paul?

On which case, LW.

Em

Actually I think it was Jesus himself.

“You have heard that it was said [a]to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Matthew 5: 27-28

It was the big JFC himself. (Mt 5:28)

(Incidentally, Paul was probably not a misogynist. The misogynistic quotations are from letters falsely ascribed to him, or sections that are apparently later additions by others to his genuine letters.)

You beat me to it. I should make sure I finish reading the thread first.

Here's the idea.
Happily married woman, who's never even thought about cheating.
Until her daughter brings home her fiancé. Imagine your dream alpha male. Henry Cavill, Jason Mamoa, whoever does it for ya. That's what this young man is like and she becomes quite obsessed with him. To where she starts to dream about him. Both awake and asleep.

Throughout this time, she takes her newly reawakened sex drive and she and her husband start having incredible sex. He is the grateful recipient of her ardor, though he doesn't know why.

So throughout the story, she dreams of fucking this young man, but when she wakes up, her husband is there ready and willing. Both dreams and reality will get equal attention in the story.

So it's either a Mature or Erotic Couplings or a Loving Wives story, I think. I'm leaning towards Loving Wives. Because the story does feature her fucking this young man, but just not in reality. An actual loving wife in the Loving Wives category?

Thoughts?

My opinion, for what it's worth:

Technically, you're right: your character would be an actual LOVING wife, thinking about sex with someone else, yes, but remaining loyal to her husband.

Problem is, LW enthusiasts won't see her that way. They'll still call her a skank and a whore.

I think Mature or EC is your better bet. At least if you want less bitching.

Actually I think it was Jesus himself.

“You have heard that it was said [a]to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Matthew 5: 27-28
But it’s OK to look at a man? Right?

Em

Or… Incest and Taboo. It’s not incest clearly. But I wrote a FIL / DIL story that did well in I/T, with a focus on Taboo.

It being me, the MIL / SIL had both died in the same car accident.

Em
If I remember your story correctly, there was NO cheating involved whatsoever, so it wouldn't really need to be in LW. Personally I'd classify yours as Romance (honestly, I don't see the point of either Anal or Mature categories, they are all either Romance or Erotic); as in my personal opinion in-laws do not constitute "incest". But it was a good story from my recollection so I'm just happy yours did well.

Here's the idea.
Happily married woman, who's never even thought about cheating.
Until her daughter brings home her fiancé. Imagine your dream alpha male. Henry Cavill, Jason Mamoa, whoever does it for ya. That's what this young man is like and she becomes quite obsessed with him. To where she starts to dream about him. Both awake and asleep.

Throughout this time, she takes her newly reawakened sex drive and she and her husband start having incredible sex. He is the grateful recipient of her ardor, though he doesn't know why.

So throughout the story, she dreams of fucking this young man, but when she wakes up, her husband is there ready and willing. Both dreams and reality will get equal attention in the story.

So it's either a Mature or Erotic Couplings or a Loving Wives story, I think. I'm leaning towards Loving Wives. Because the story does feature her fucking this young man, but just not in reality. An actual loving wife in the Loving Wives category?

Thoughts?
I'm with SimonDoom's point that you need to decide first your main angle/approach, and secondly, your goal for posting.
  • If the main focus is on her relationship to her husband, and how she processes her desires and decides to act/not act on them, LW seems closest fit, at least technically.
  • If the main focus is actual fantasies, Erotic Couplings is best fit (honestly I don't see the point of "Mature" stories, the only reason a story would be in that category is if there's a lot of MC hand-wringing about age discrepancy; which your story doesn't seem to have from description)
  • As others said and you probably know, LW would likely net lower average rating, because you will piss of AT LEAST someone, and maybe everyone - if she actually cheats but isn't punished, you will piss off BTB and anti-RAAC crowd; if she actually cheats and IS punished, you will piss off pro-cheating anti-BTB crowd; if she doesn't physically cheat, you will potentially manage to piss of everyone - the cheating cheerleaders for lack of actual cheating; and cheating haters because many people would consider persistent sexual dreams/attraction to someone else to be at least a form of cheating.
    • But honestly, the reception may vary greatly depending on the exact behavior, directions of the story, and mentality involved for your characters. E.g., does she feel remorseful for her desires? Does she care about potentially/actually hurting her husband? Is there a meaningful resolution (e.g. a lot of anti-cheating anti-RAAC readers have a valid point, if she falls for SIL who's hot, there's absolutely zero guarantee she won't do that with any of the other 100s/1000s super hot men she would run into in her life, which is why well written MEANINGFUL RAACs which address these concerns are the rare ones with high ratings, such as some NTH's stories).

If I remember your story correctly, there was NO cheating involved whatsoever, so it wouldn't really need to be in LW. Personally I'd classify yours as Romance (honestly, I don't see the point of either Anal or Mature categories, they are all either Romance or Erotic); as in my personal opinion in-laws do not constitute "incest". But it was a good story from my recollection so I'm just happy yours did well.
It was definitely taboo and not incest.

Em

I'm with SimonDoom's point that you need to decide first your main angle/approach, and secondly, your goal for posting.
  • If the main focus is on her relationship to her husband, and how she processes her desires and decides to act/not act on them, LW seems closest fit, at least technically.
  • If the main focus is actual fantasies, Erotic Couplings is best fit (honestly I don't see the point of "Mature" stories, the only reason a story would be in that category is if there's a lot of MC hand-wringing about age discrepancy; which your story doesn't seem to have from description)

+1 for EC

I appreciate everyone's input. The story was submitted eight days ago in the Mature category. It's taking a while to get posted for some reason.

Okay, new conundrum. I'll put it here rather than start a new thread.

Stepmom gets caught cheating by her stepsons friends who blackmail her into having sex with them. The stepmom is very reluctant and complaining until the sex gets good, and then she's into it. In the end though it turns out her stepson was in on it the whole time and it culminates with her having sex with him as well.

I know there are default categories. Stories that feature that content go in those categories, period. Non-con, LW, and I/T are the most obvious. However this story covers all three of those bases. Thank goodness I didn't set the story in space.

I think because it's a blackmail story throughout, it's non-con for sure. After all the category description is "fantasies of control." Which is the whole plot.

Any other opinions?

Well, if you did set it in space, there wouldn’t be any questions about it belonging in SFF ;)

More to the point, right now this sounds like NCR to me. You don’t mention anything about stepdad’s reaction to her wife cheating which makes LW seem less fitting. And the incest part doesn’t appear front-and-center either, so that makes I/T a less obvious choice as well.

On the other hand, if you did expound more on the stepson’s involvement, especially by including premeditation based on his fantasies etc., then I/T would become a clearcut choice.

On the other hand, if you did expound more on the stepson’s involvement, especially by including premeditation based on his fantasies etc., then I/T would become a clearcut choice.
Oh there's definitely premeditation. The kids known about her affairs for years and was just biding his time when he could turn it to his advantage. But that's not clear until the last sex scene of the story. While she's been blackmailed by others for the entire time.

Kind of a no-win situation on that one. Non-con elements + Step + late reveal makes it a back-click and poor score probability in Incest. Surprise incest at the end in front of the voting form probably means getting blasted in the score in Non-Con.

I think Non-Con is the choice, but how it gets received kind of depends upon how you play out the blackmail. Is she actually being coerced? Or did she just discover a whole new crop of cocks to ride that she didn't think were available? Does she play it up for them, acting as if it's a chore? Or maybe it is a chore because most don't last long enough to get her off?

The more she kind of wants to fuck hot young studs, but she gets left wanting most of the time and grows frustrated, the better it's likely to scratch the itch in non-con. Her desire puts it firmly in Lit-safe territory, even if it's frustrated as often as not. If you've played it well enough prior to the surprise, and play it well enough with the step-son, that could mitigate some of the 1-bombs. A little interaction prior to the meat of the story demonstrating that she and stepson don't have the best relationship could also mitigate the "ewww!" factor by taking emphasis off that relationship.

I think non-con is the clear choice. The only question is evaluating how much she's actually being coerced and her reaction to prepare yourself for the reception. Something along these lines ( minus the stepson ) is what I've been leaning toward for the category.

Didn’t one of the Popes say cheating in your mind was still cheating. Or was that the misogynists misogynist, St. Paul?

On which case, LW.

Em
The way I remember Catholicism, imagining sex could be either a near occasion of sin or a sin in itself. I think they were deliberately vague about that. Depends on how fast you got it out your mind, perhaps.

As to Rob's question, only go to LW if you like to see the land mines go off. (Don't worry, they are loud but harmless.) Fantasies are not well categorized in Lit's options. Basically, it would be EC because that happens in both fantasy and reality.

It was the big JFC himself. (Mt 5:28)

(Incidentally, Paul was probably not a misogynist. The misogynistic quotations are from letters falsely ascribed to him, or sections that are apparently later additions by others to his genuine letters.)
I thought it was Jesus H. Christ.

Back