How to have great vaginal hygiene

Hi everyone. New here and still getting my bearings.

I would first like to say I think it's great that this topic is being discussed here because it is often difficult to find information on issues related to female genitalia. (As I have learned from many fruitless and frustrating searches).

The advice given in the original post certainly goes against conventional wisdom concerning vaginal hygiene. It is not necessarily wrong, but I do find some of it questionable. Particularly douching when you have a bacterial infection. I would be concerned with pushing the bacteria further into the vagina and causing a much more severe infection (one of the reasons douching is not recommended).

I am also a little concerned about the reference to borax, and the suggestion that Neosporin can be used internally. As other posters have pointed out, the vagina is designed to take care of itself and putting anything in there that doesn't belong could disrupt the natural balance.

As for anal to vaginal intercourse....My only thought is EEEEWWWW! And I don't think I would trust that a little Neosporin in the lube is enough protection. But to each their own.

One suggestion I do like and think I might try is the salt water. That could be very refreshing, especially on those hot, humid summer days. I would like to add that it is probably best to use uniodized salt and not make the solution too strong (1 tsp salt per 8 ounces of water is sufficient).

And I agree about the trimming/shaving. I don't shave but I find just a little trim does make me feel much cleaner and more comfortable. But again, it's a matter of individual taste.

One more note, regarding the popping of zits: Don't pop- lance. Instead of squeezing a pimple until it bursts, break the surface with a small needle or even just your finger nails, then squeeze gently. You will cause less damage and irritation to the skin and it will heal faster.

Back