How secure are wigs?

G'day! Quick question about wigs. I don't know much about them, but I was wondering how secure are they? I mean do they have an elastic band that fits snug around your head or do people apply a mild adhesive to keep it in place, I assume both techniques are used in wigs, but not sure. I know it's a gag in movies when someone gets their wig snatched off their head, like Hoke from Driving Miss Daisy comically said, "Jump up and snatch her bald-headed" :ROFLMAO:
As this is an erotica forum, I'm sure you can imagine the scenario in my mind. A lady wishing to remain anonymous is in the throes of passion, when her lover decides to pull her hair a little. Would the wig come straight off, or would our lady have enough time to stop him keep it on?

Last edited:
G'day! Quick question about wigs. I don't know much about them, but I was wondering how secure are they? I mean do they have an elastic band that fits snug around your head or do people apply a mild adhesive to keep it in place, I assume both techniques are used in wigs, but not sure. I know it's a gag in movies when someone get's their wig snatched off their head, like Hoke from Driving Miss Daisy comically said, "Jump up and snatch her bald-headed" :ROFLMAO:
As this is an erotica forum, I'm sure you can imagine the scenario in my mind. A lady wishing to remain anonymous is in the throes of passion, when her lover decides to pull her hair a little. Would the wig come straight off, or would our lady have enough time to stop him keep it on?
You mean toupee? Or is this the first step in your gender transformation? :)

G'day! Quick question about wigs. I don't know much about them, but I was wondering how secure are they? I mean do they have an elastic band that fits snug around your head or do people apply a mild adhesive to keep it in place, I assume both techniques are used in wigs, but not sure. I know it's a gag in movies when someone get's their wig snatched off their head, like Hoke from Driving Miss Daisy comically said, "Jump up and snatch her bald-headed" :ROFLMAO:
They have a cap under the hair which you can use alone but isn't very secure. I asked a couple of drag queens, that do very physical burlesque shows, their secret to keeping their wigs on during performances; the answer in both cases was glue and pins.

Think like a swim cap with a few pins securing the front. It would be as easy to pull off as that, so fairly secure but not pull-proof.

Back