Help request. Questions for UK people about Tesco and stores in general

Tomh1966

Hello
In my new series, I created a fictitious island chain. Stores are a mix of common US and common UK stores.

Many US stores on google maps have interior layouts... this does not seem to be the case in the UK.

My question is the layout of a full Tesco supermarket. (Not the convenience store versions. The full-size versions)

Many grocery stores in the US have sections of other things in them that are not strictly groceries. Related and unrelated. Is this the case in the UK Tesco supermarkets?

1) Birthday and anniversary cards.
2) FULL bakeries
3) Deli
4) Pharmacy
5) Hot Food to go in either heated cases like rotisserie chickens and popcorn chicken or even full-out buffets. One near me even has sit-down tables.)
6) Toiletries like soap, toothpaste, and vagina care products.

Imagine you are staying in a semi-tropical and rather large island for two years with a decent-sized city on it.
Which 3 grocery stores would you most want?
Which 3 general merchandise stores would you most want?
Which 3 fast food places would you most want?
Which 3 casual food places would you want (I sit down but not 4 star)
Im hoping for UK answers. Yes, I Know Mcdonald's is in the UK but I'm looking for different.
Which 3 random stores that don't fit above categories would you want?

Tesco stores in the uk are very similar to what you described with the different sections as mentioned, hot food, kids toys, clothing (in some of the larger ones, tesco extra they are called) so seems there is little in the difference

Go on then, I'll bite
In my new series, I created a fictitious island chain. Stores are a mix of common US and common UK stores.

Many US stores on google maps have interior layouts... this does not seem to be the case in the UK.

My question is the layout of a full Tesco supermarket. (Not the convenience store versions. The full-size versions)

Many grocery stores in the US have sections of other things in them that are not strictly groceries. Related and unrelated. Is this the case in the UK Tesco supermarkets?

1) Birthday and anniversary cards.
2) FULL bakeries
3) Deli
4) Pharmacy
5) Hot Food to go in either heated cases like rotisserie chickens and popcorn chicken or even full-out buffets. One near me even has sit-down tables.)
6) Toiletries like soap, toothpaste, and vagina care products.
Yes.
Imagine you are staying in a semi-tropical and rather large island for two years with a decent-sized city on it.
Aldi, Sainsbury, Lidl
Which 3 general merchandise stores would you most want?
Toolstation, Ikea, Wickes
... I'm not the best to ask but a pizza place, chippy, then, if my body is eating my stomach, McDs or Burger King
An indian, a pub garden, Wagamama if someone else is paying. There's better local eateries than the big chains
Im hoping for UK answers. Yes, I Know Mcdonald's is in the UK but I'm looking for different.
Waterstone's , Garden centre, John Lewis

M&S, Tesco and a coop supplied by local farmers.
Which 3 general merchandise stores would you most want
Screwfix, Ikea and a decent source of kiln-dried timber.
My local Thai, my local Indian and the other nearby Thai that does the amazing red curry that's probably full of banned dyes and flavour additives but is just so fucking good.
My local pub, the swanky pub from down the road, and my local Thai (see above)
FARMERS MARKET. Holy God, the produce you can get is amazing.
Nursery - I love plants; I love planting plants, and I'm a grand Dame of killing plants so I need to be able to replace them
and... um... I guess somewhere I can get clothes that fit? :cautious:

M&S, Tesco and a coop supplied by local farmers.

Screwfix, Ikea and a decent source of kiln-dried timber.

My local Thai, my local Indian and the other nearby Thai that does the amazing red curry that's probably full of banned dyes and flavour additives but is just so fucking good.

My local pub, the swanky pub from down the road, and my local Thai (see above)

FARMERS MARKET. Holy God, the produce you can get is amazing.
Nursery - I love plants; I love planting plants, and I'm a grand Dame of killing plants so I need to be able to replace them
and... um... I guess somewhere I can get clothes that fit? :cautious:
That's so snap. šŸ˜

Back