Help! I need the female perspective on...

If others want pineapple on their pizza, fine. But I've got a personal beef with this one, because in high school I had a group of friends (mostly the girls) who ALWAYS wanted pineapple on their pizza. Every single fricking time. I've been biased against it ever since. I'd never willingly order pineapple pizza if it were up to me. Give me simple cheese, or Margherita, or pepperoni, or meat combo. Thin crust, greasy, New York style. The kind you've got to fold and hold carefully or everything's going to slide off it into your lap.

But whatever floats your boat.

I made Turkish pizza this week, and it was wickedly good. The family is already asking for it again. No cheese, no tomato sauce, no pineapple, but tons of flavor in the spices, garlic and meat mix. Spritzed with fresh lemon juice, it's incredible.

I made Turkish pizza this week, and it was wickedly good. The family is already asking for it again. No cheese, no tomato sauce, no pineapple, but tons of flavor in the spices, garlic and meat mix. Spritzed with fresh lemon juice, it's incredible.
How is it made?

A friend of my fathers used to work for a photoengraving company. They had this contact girl (A person that makes contact copies of negatives on a one-to-one ratio), who would lean into the machine while it vacuumed the air out of the frame. She'd stay there, her pussy pressed against the handle on each copy. The vibration from the vacuum pump made her a very happy, happy girl. Often she was so horny by the end of the shift, she and dads friend would fuck in the parking lot before they went home.
Millie, thank you for sharing this with us. However, I don't think photoengraving is done anymore, is it? Might make a good, fairly short (3,000 word?) story however.

It's just a half a pound of ground beef or lamb. You put it a food processor with the veggies and spices and blend it together.

Actually, if it'll fit, I've got it here:

Turkish Lahmacun (Lamajoun). Flatbread with meat topping.

How to Make this Lahmacun Recipe​

Lahmacun has two different components. The dough and the meat topping.
1- The dough. I hope my Turkish friends will forgive me, I took a major shortcut with the dough here using quality store-bought pizza dough. It works very well. But if you want, you can certainly make a homemade pizza dough from scratch or use my dough recipe for manaqish.
Whether you use store-bought dough or make your own, the important thing to remember is that you need to spread the dough well to achieve a very thin flatbread that crisps around the edges when baked.
2- The meat topping. Traditionally, Turkish lahmacun is made with minced lamb, but you can also use lean ground beef. What makes the topping special is the combination of flavors.
In this lahmacun recipe, I use a food processor to create the topping. Ground lamb (or beef), mixed with sweet red peppers, shallots, garlic, tomato paste, fresh herbs, and an epic fusion of spices!

Turkish Lahamcun (Lahmajoun). Like a pizza with thin crust and a meat topping

I played with the spices and arrived at a complex, earthy, warm blend of: smoked paprika, allspice, cumin, Aleppo-style pepper, a dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne. You can omit the cayenne if you need to, or add more if you like the heat!

Two ways to cook Lahmacun​

To make lahmacun, the idea is to spread the spiced meat topping very thinly across the dough. You can bake the lahmacun briefly until the topping is well cooked through and the dough turns nice and crispy around the edges. Or, if you don't feel like warming up the oven, you can try the stovetop method using a large non-stick skillet (see recipe notes below).

Sliced Turkish lahmacun (lahmajoun). To feed a crowd, slice it up and share with other mezze.

How to Serve Lahmacun​

Lahmacun is a popular on-the-go Turkish food. When you visit Turkey, you'll see people walking the bustling streets of Istanbul, lahmacuns in hand, wrapped up like burritos.
To serve lahmacun wraps, all you need is a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top. Add a few slices of red onions, fresh mint leaves, and maybe a few radish slices. Wrap up and enjoy!

Or, to serve a larger crowd, you can slice lahmacun up like you would a pizza and add a drizzle of tahini sauce. Consider adding more mezze favorites on the side like this easy Mediterranean salad and roasted garlic hummus.

More recipes to try:​

Mediterranean-Style Zucchini Casserole
Egyptian Phyllo Meat Pie

Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
Easy Apple Strudel
Sheet Pan Halibut and Vegetables
Turkish Lahmacun (Lahmajoun). Turkish flatbread with meat topping.

easy lahmacun recipe​

★★★★★
4.9 from 18 reviews

PRINT RECIPE
PIN RECIPE
Think of Lahmacun (Lahamajoun) as super thin, crispy pizza (or flatbread) known in Armenia and Turkey, topped with a flavor-packed mixture of minced meat with peppers, tomato, fresh herbs and earthy spices. I take a major shortcut by using quality store-bought pizza dough. But the secret is in the spice mixture.

INGREDIENTS​

SCALE1x2x3x
Dough
  • ½ lb uncooked store-bought organic pizza dough
Topping
  • ½ sweet red pepper, cored, cut into chunks
  • 1 shallot, halved
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • ½ oz fresh parsley leaves with some stem
  • 7 oz ground lamb or ground beef
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp ground allspice
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • ½ tsp Aleppo-style pepper
  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 tbsp Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
  • Lemon wedges for later
CHow VMware’s Multi-Cloud Tech Transformed a Global Electronics Company
SPONSORED CONTENT

By VMware

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to the middle. (or see stove-top instructions in notes)
  2. Prepare the meat mixture. In the large bowl of a food processor, fitted with blade, add red peppers, shallot, garlic, and parsley. Pulse a few times to chop. To the mixture, add ground lamb (or beef). Season with spices and salt. Add tomato paste and extra virgin olive oil. Now pulse again until well-combined (about 8 to 10 pulses.)
  3. Prepare two large rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper (you'll be using these to bake the Lahmacun in batches.)
  4. Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal balls (about 2 oz each.) Working with one ball of dough at a time, place on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out into as thin as you can to a disk that's about 8 or 9 inches in diameter.
  5. Assemble Lahmacun. Place one flatbread disk on one of the prepared pans. Reshape as needed. Spoon 3–4 tablespoon topping onto dough and spread topping evenly to edges, leaving a thin boarder.
  6. Bake in heated oven for about 5 to 7 minutes or until dough and meat are fully cooked (dough will be a little crusty around the edges.)
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining dough.
  8. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top. Serve Lahmacun hot or at room temperature. See notes below for how to serve.

NOTES​

• Cook's Tip: if ½ lb pizza dough doesn't seem enough for you...if it's not giving you enough for your crowd, you can go ahead and use 1 lb pizza dough. The mixture should still be enough. If you need to feed even more people, and you need to use more pizza dough, then simply double the meat topping.
  • Cook's Tip for How to serve Lahmacun: Before you serve, squeeze just a little bit of lemon juice on Lahmacun. If you like, simply add a few slices of red onion, radish, and fresh mint leaves on top, and wrap the Lahmacun up, burrito-style. OR, to serve a larger crowd, you can slice Lahmacun like you would pizza or flatbread and serve with a drizzle of tahini sauce and a side of this easy Mediterranean salad.You can add favorite mezze.

Even shitty pizza is good. Italian, Greek, bar pizza, Sicilian, never had Detroit style but that looks good too.

Except Chicago style. That's not pizza, it's casserole. I mean, I'd eat it, but I don't call it pizza.
You never had the worst pizza that I remember. It was some place in Chelsea in Manhattan. I don't know what they did wrong, but I still remember it more than ten years later.

It's actually easy to make with either middle eastern bread like a pita or a wrap or pizza dough.

You never had the worst pizza that I remember. It was some place in Chelsea in Manhattan. I don't know what they did wrong, but I still remember it more than ten years later.
I have managed to get a pizza that was simultaneously burnt and undercooked. That was an experience.

My daughter started working at Dominos at 15, by 21 she was a store manager, by 26 a DM. She left there to manage a coffee chain and hasn't been able to eat pizza in the four years since she left.

It’s like that in the industry, especially if you’re in one particular market. My first job was a burger joint, to the day I can’t stand fryers.

I’m a sushi chef, now… not sure if it’s just in my genetic code as a Pacific Islander or what, but I can and will eat sushi almost every day. 😂

As far as chain pizza I like Little Caesars. But there's a place in Federal Hill named Casertas and its unreal
Yeah, I have no idea whatsoever about those places and chains you are all mentioning. Pizza Hut is probably the only one among famous American junk food chains that I like (out of those that I actually tried).

Sigh.

These are both true but likely unoriginal.

A close friend of mine wanted to open a cheese shop at the Vatican. He planned to call it Cheeses of Nazareth.

This is the same guy who wanted to open a 24h Korean restaurant named... Wok around the Clock.
The card game "Lord of the Fries" has an "Adoration of the Baby Cheeses" joke, which I recycle shamelessly any time I'm serving a platter.

Exciting pineapple fact! Pineapple contains an enzyme (bromelain) which digests proteins, so when you pop a chunk of pineapple into your mouth it's actually a race to digest the pineapple before it digests you. This is also why it's a good meat tenderiser.

Back