Getting Wet Again - closed except by invitation

2/2/14
It was still warm outside when they left the cabin in the early evening to walk to the tavern. Nika wore a country print blouse and shorts with her hair tied back in a pony tail. She felt secretly naughty - shaved in the first place, going out with nothing underneath in the second and committing to be intentional and open about their relationship was probably the biggest secret thrill of all. She felt for Claire's hand and smiled as Claire's fingers intertwined with hers. They stopped to watch the sun slip behind the mountains, turning the sky brilliantly red before it slowly dimmed.

The tavern was rustic and busy with seating inside and out during the summer. The outdoor lighting resembled lanterns hanging from the eves. Live music spilled out into the street from within. Nika and Claire looked at each other, silently asking the same question, 'Are we doing this?' Claire stepped up on the wood plank stair and they went in together. The crowd was a mix of locals and summer people. It was clearly the social hub of Longmont. They found a table near the small dance floor and caught the attention of a waitress who asked if they were waiting for anybody. "No, girls night out," Nika told her and that seemed to satisfy her.

So close to the dance floor, it wasn't long before they were asked to dance. Nika didn't know much about country music, but she found dancing to it easy to pick up and despite fact that the partner she really wanted to dance with was Claire, she was having a great time. Well into the night, the band played a slow song that none of the local cowboys were bold enough to ask either Nika or Claire to dance to. There were only 2-3 couples on the floor, when Nika put her hand on Claire's and looked toward the floor. She wasn't sure Claire was going to go for it, so she stood up from the table still holding Claire's hand.

Nika put her mouth close to Claire's ear as they walked onto the floor, "You do know how to lead, don'tcha?"

"Don't worry, Nika," Claire answered and then put her arm around Nika's waist and held her close as they slow danced as partners for the first time.

Nobody seemed to notice much or mind that Nika and Claire continued to dance after the song was over. The next song was a top ten country anthem which everybody seemed to want to dance to and the floor became crowded again. Nika and Claire shared their first public kiss amid foot stomping, hand clapping to the new music before they left the floor.

Back at the table, their waitress had just set down two fresh drinks that they hadn't ordered. "On the house," she said and left it at that.

Last edited:
It was a walk of about 700 yards to the edge of town. Longmont is the type of town that expands and contracts with the seasons and it was good that the elected to walk as parking was limited. Claire checked out the lot which was an equal mix of pickups and SUV's. She was feeling the evening air through her shorts as she attempted to recall the last time she had ever been in public without a full compliment of clothing. What concerned her most was being braless!

The tavern had the rustic look, yet there was clearly a prosperity evidenced by the wait staff and dishware. The music was pleasantly upscale, as Claire searched out the room for potential problems but found none. She really didn't need more to drink but order a gin and tonic to fit in with the crowd.

"This looks to be the town gathering place."

Only moments later she was dancing near a guy who looked to be three years younger. It had been a while since she had danced with a stranger. As she moved, Claire wondered if her clothes were covering her lack of under garments? Later, it was Nika and her on the floor--together. Claire could feel the warmth of Nika's body. Her own feelings intensified and she could only hope she wouldn't get damp. In truth, it may have looked simply as two girls out for the evening.

Once back at the table, Claire smiled at her partner, as if they had "pulled it off." The second drink really got her going and they again join in with a line dance, which fortunately had a simplified format. It was then that two men began showing interest. They were younger-perhaps late twenties. The clean-shaven one was Stan, who thankfully was an inch taller than her.

Nika was at the far side of the floor when the music ended. By the time she returned to the table, Stan was ordering another round of drinks!

The room had filled to include every table with others left standing near the bar. Stan was clearly not a "townie" by the way he was dressed, nor was he married as his ring finger was definitely tanned. Nika took her seat with her partner seated next to her. The fresh drinks arrived, making Claire shutter at how much they had already!

Nika was becoming a little annoyed with Stan hanging out and paying attention to Claire. Claire was her date. They'd danced, they'd kissed, they'd held hands, but he just didn't get it. As Stan leaned over their table chatting Claire up, Nika had just enough to drink to lay her hand on the inside of Claire's thigh in Stan's plain view. He noticed and tried to play cool, but as Nika massaged Claire's thigh, Claire opened her legs a little more and never flinched as she felt the light pressure of Nika's fingertips tracing her wet slit through her shorts. They both watched as Stan tried not to stare, but his eyes kept darting downward and he became so distracted that he forgot what he'd been talking about. Nika felt Claire's wetness soaking through the crotch of her shorts and as Stan saw the fabric darken he flustered and made a quick excuse to leave.

When Nika considered the consequences of what she did to get rid of Stan, she knew that their time on the dance floor was over. Claire went along with the whole thing, but it was clear that she was a little peeved about her pussy wetness showing through - even just a little. She asked, "OK, now that he's gone, how are we going to get out of here?"

Nika was being more than a little overt with her hand. It was clear that she was feeling her territory being intruded and was putting up a defense. Stan made an hasty exit which was the best possible outcome, except there was the possibility of him spreading the word. Still, they did get a free drink.

"So, did you think that guy had intentions?"

"If he did, he was going to have to fight me."

"Oh really, right here or out in the parking lot?"

They both laughed as the music cranked-up again and a flurry of people headed for the floor. It was after nine and almost dark outside and they still had not had anything to eat. Claire considered the situation before answering.

"We certainly have had enough to drink, so let's see if we can get a pizza down the street and take it back to the cabin."

"Sounds great."

It was the perfect time to weave through the crowd and find the door. The pizza a shop was less than a hundred yards away, which was good because Claire needed to use the bathroom. She was amazed how easy it was. The idea of being without undergarments really made her self-conscious while waiting for the food in the bright parlor lighting. She watched Nika's top as they talked and could easily tell she was freely moving about.

The walk home was uneventful. Although two women walking with a pizza may have appeared unusual to others, the girls felt safe and secure. "I don't think I need anything more to drink."

Nika's last post

They walked alone on the streets of Longmont. Nika knew the night air would clear her head -- at least for a little while. She hadn't been that hungry, but the smell of hot pizza from the box slowly convinced her that she might actually be hungrier than she thought.

At the cabin, their shared dinner was very informal - napkins, sodas and the open box were set on the coffee table in front of the couch. Nika ate slowly, deliberately and after a couple slices she knew she was going to be full and sleepy. Claire seemed to be getting that way herself. Nika leaned against Claire, resting her head on Claire's shoulder. "You know," she said quietly, "Something has been coming to me ever since I called you, Claire."

"What's that?" Claire asked.

"I didn't want to say anything until I was sure, but I keep coming back to the same thing...," Nika took a deliberate breath to try to get control of her emotions....

"Yeah?" Claire asked again.

"I love you," Nika said, "You should know that."

Last edited:
Once inside, Nika took the pizza box to the coffee table while Claire used the flimsy lock on the door to secure them for the night. It was overly warm inside and Claire went to the larger bedroom and turned on the air-conditioner, which was surprisingly quiet. Returning to the living room she found Nika had fixed two ice-filled drinks.

"I know this will help later."

It was really time to eat. Claire could feel the contentment in Nika. She had adapted well to the rustic retreat, including the canoe trip and sun tanning, not to mention the dancing at the tavern while wearing the absolute minimum clothing. It made Claire smile at the success.

"There is even more tomorrow."

Nika smiled as she struggled to put forth her words. Somehow, Claire knew it was on her mind. She had been far too possessive about having the likes of Stan move near what she considered her territory. It made Claire feel good to hear the words. "I love you."

"Yes, we can always be lovers. We can take it as far we want." She took Nika's hand to reassure her.

"Trust me, my love."

Back