Gender Horizons

I love the Murderbot Series. That is just an awesome character and set of tales.

I'm struggling to grasp how genderlessness would interplay with erotica, but I tend not to write Sci-Fi or Fantasy.

Left Hand of Darkness is a truly awesome work as well. It has a huge influence on my when I was a younger reader.
Murderbots is wild, ain't it? Every episode just keeps raising more questions.

I love Murderbot with a passion, and it's a great example of a genderless protagonist, but I'd describe the setting as multi-gender rather than genderless. Most of the humans in the story are "he" or "she", but there are at least two nonbinary genders around. From "Artificial Condition":

And from "System Collapse":

We don't get a lot of information about how human genders work in the setting, because it's told through the eyes of a protagonist is supremely uninterested in such things. Overall, gender doesn't seem to be hugely important to human interactions but it's hard to tell.

Murderbot itself refuses to buy into human genders, and I think all the other AI characters are also referred to as "it". Given the way the story has headed lately, potential for developing a genderless AI society but it's not there yet.
Oh... nevermind, yall are talking about a whole different murderbots thing.

Back