Fun in the dark

Can you explain how this cave suggestion even remotely fits with the original idea - you know: neighbourhood house, swinging couples etc. - outside of the darkness thing? This is why I queried it. I'll wait to hear from you about this stunningly obvious link that somehow I've managed to miss... but I sort of doubt that it'll be coming any time soon...

... and there was no "attack", merely a genuine mystification that they could have actually read through the OP and still have posted the cave thing. I'm friendly enough, provided you don't start promoting Trump or Brexit as good things...

I don't have to explain anything. I'm not concerned with his suggestion, just your thinly veiled passive-aggressive response. The idea of posting here is to get feedback and bat ideas around with others. You could have just ignored the post as unhelpful and continued your day, but you decided to call the poster out, with your "query". That sort of thing is not in the interest of meaningful dialog in this forum.

If you post a story idea, then you have to live with the fact, that it will be kneaded and milled. If you want it to be precisely as in your original post then just write the story yourself!

Clearly, we cannot do this with the OP's magnificent ideas. I've no further interest in this thread or anything else he/she posts.

Indeed... there's different neighborhoods and all, and perhaps the one OP had firmly in mind doesn't have the geography and geology for that, but there's no reason in principle for fictional neighborhood to not have a great cave system or abandoned mine or something to that sort directly underneath. I bet there's exactly such somewhere. And someone's garden could easily house a secret entrance. Conveniently offering a subspace pocket of practically unlimited size, and natural complete darkness. It's not an unreasonable nor even unrealistic suggestion. Even a natural one with all the allusions and associations.

Indeed... there's different neighborhoods and all, and perhaps the one OP had firmly in mind doesn't have the geography and geology for that, but there's no reason in principle for fictional neighborhood to not have a great cave system or abandoned mine or something to that sort directly underneath. I bet there's exactly such somewhere. And someone's garden could easily house a secret entrance. Conveniently offering a subspace pocket of practically unlimited size, and natural complete darkness. It's not an unreasonable nor even unrealistic suggestion. Even a natural one with all the allusions and associations.

Sure, two a penny. You see them everywhere. Absolutely no strain on the imagination. They tend to be in downtown neighbourhoods which also have time portals and those nifty parking lots for flying cars, have you not noticed?

For the benefit of newbies on here: 'Not having to explain' is most frequently translated on Literotica, I have found, by the simpler 'can't explain'.

Sure, two a penny. You see them everywhere. Absolutely no strain on the imagination. They tend to be in downtown neighbourhoods which also have time portals and those nifty parking lots for flying cars, have you not noticed?

Unlike those things... a simple Google search for "suburban neighborhoods with caves or mines under" had a reddit tread titled "A sinkhole underneath someone's driveway revealed a cave system" about a development that's in safety risk because of the abandoned mine under it as the first result. Followed by the famous Paris mines, London, and other examples of caves directly under or near suburban areas.

But the real inspiration to mention such as possible (and a recurring fantasy fodder) for me, come from, I think Mark Twain story that had such for a setting.

Yes, we have gone on a complete tangent now, and I won't continue on it, but I totally don't understand the hostility that's governing here.

Goodness, why is everybody so concerned at proving that some idea is impossible or inappropriate.
The OP suggests a barn and that is fine. Takes some work to get it really dark, but not impossible. Offers nice aspects to use. Hay, stables, beams, space. Or take your basement and decorate it as a cave. Other aspects to play with. Or set up the story in a former mining town, where old shafts still exist. Like the lower Rhine area in Germany, or Pennsylvania,, Colorado, Nevada or northern France, the British coal regions. Both a barn or a cave can be turned into an enjoyable and plausible story.
That is brainstorming, and one of the rules of brainstorming is not to criticize ideas.

Wrong. The only rule about brainstorming is that there are no rules.

This is not brainstorming. This is proposal of ideas and then discussing them. Otherwise, you're going to have to explain why separate threads exist.

Why not simply have one thread - a free-for-all chaos where you can suggest something and then I can, immediately in the next posting, put up something which invites people deliberately to ignore your thought? Now there's a good idea...

Back