Isolated/remote guest house - 'Bates incest motel..?'

LiverpoolMaster

Really Really Experienced
A wild and windy night... and our hero and daughter check into a roadside B&B or guest house whose sign has loomed out of the darkness at them. The satnav has let them down, it's very late and they're well and truly lost, glad to have made it to some kind of lodgings while there's still a cc of petrol in the tank.

The lady owner seems flustered and reluctant to admit them although she's already grudgingly admitted she has one last single room vacant... would they be able to share..? On their way up to their room they try not to look at each other, embarrassed to the limit, for all they can hear as they pass each door is the sound of energetic fucking.

It's too late even remotely to consider going out for a meal and they retire early to get some sleep in the cramped single bed the tiny room possesses. The walls though are paper thin... and they can still easily hear the shenanigans going on in neighbouring rooms.

The following morning in the breakfast room, although still bleary-eyed-and sleep deprived, they gradually take in the fact that all the tables are filling up with what seems to be father-daughter/mother-son couples. They look at each other, more embarrassed than ever, each mind entertaining... interesting thoughts...

Yes, I'm aware that this theme has been suggested before! Has anyone gone any distance with it?

I jotted down a story outline very much along those lines a fair while ago when a thread was put up about the "Oedipus Hotel" or similar title. I've written it up only just recently but maybe you could check it out... via the usual route, ok?

Not me - yet, but I wish I had! You've virtually mapped out all the necessary.

I've been thinking about an anthology series based on one room of a no-tell-motel. Each story about a different set of occupants in different situations, from different backgrounds. This room is all they have in common. Or is it?

I've been thinking about an anthology series based on one room of a no-tell-motel. Each story about a different set of occupants in different situations, from different backgrounds. This room is all they have in common. Or is it?
Excellent thought.
Reminds me of the brilliant film "Plaza Suite" and Walter Matthau from many years ago. An erotic take on this would indeed be stimulating.

Excellent thought.
Reminds me of the brilliant film "Plaza Suite" and Walter Matthau from many years ago. An erotic take on this would indeed be stimulating.
Both Plaza Suite and California Suite were great examples of this revolving door scenario. I have yet to see a well-penned erotic version of it.

I thought the OP setting would be a good one for getting Dad and daughter together, inasmuch as they find themselves in a situation where it's already happening. They feel encouraged... egged on, so to speak.

From PMs I see that at least a couple of others have produced stuff along these lines and one has gone so far as to describe the 'back story' of the hotel - which has my admiration. It's that kind of thing which, to me, leads to a believable tale. So many writers here simply don't bother and present things as a 'fait accompli' with no explanation.

Both Plaza Suite and California Suite were great examples of this revolving door scenario. I have yet to see a well-penned erotic version of it.

Hell yes, I remember those. Really good films. Well, Neil Simon as your screenwriter almost guaranteed success. In retrospect, I could have made more of that aspect in the story I wrote. Not sure. I think, for me, maybe that would have stretched things out too long.

A wild and windy night... and our hero and daughter check into a roadside B&B or guest house whose sign has loomed out of the darkness at them. The satnav has let them down, it's very late and they're well and truly lost, glad to have made it to some kind of lodgings while there's still a cc of petrol in the tank.

The lady owner seems flustered and reluctant to admit them although she's already grudgingly admitted she has one last single room vacant... would they be able to share..? On their way up to their room they try not to look at each other, embarrassed to the limit, for all they can hear as they pass each door is the sound of energetic fucking.

It's too late even remotely to consider going out for a meal and they retire early to get some sleep in the cramped single bed the tiny room possesses. The walls though are paper thin... and they can still easily hear the shenanigans going on in neighbouring rooms.

The following morning in the breakfast room, although still bleary-eyed-and sleep deprived, they gradually take in the fact that all the tables are filling up with what seems to be father-daughter/mother-son couples. They look at each other, more embarrassed than ever, each mind entertaining... interesting thoughts...

Yes, I'm aware that this theme has been suggested before! Has anyone gone any distance with it?
I would really enjoy this story x

Back