Former Vice President Mike Pence will not endorse Trump for president

The count of former cabinet members and senior officials of the Trump administration who have declined to endorse Trump in this election cycle currently stands at 44.
You'd think that this wouldn't be hard for voters to grasp.

*chuckle*

I love it when evangelicals become a bellwether for the Left.

Ba-a-a-a-...

It's so hard to hang on to a good subservient Republican staff member these days. Why can't they lie like they used to and go to jail like in the old days? Is prison getting that much tougher? :rolleyes:

Out of interest, was Pence ever seen wearing a MAGA hat or anything else along those lines? Couldn't find a picture with Google, but that doesn't mean it never happened.

Out of interest, was Pence ever seen wearing a MAGA hat or anything else along those lines? Couldn't find a picture with Google, but that doesn't mean it never happened.
Idk. He may have early on in their campaign but it’s not something he probably would be comfortable with. Pence calculated that being VP could potentially catapult him to the presidency. He underestimated trump’s desire for authoritarianism. Trump, as is typical, knew nothing about Pence but desperately desired the evangelical vote through Pence’s hypocritical faith. Apologies for summarizing things you may already know, but my point is that despite me calling in to question Pence’s religious values, Pence truly believes himself to be a virtuous Christian therefore he would not care to wear MAGA swag outside of campaigning. He knew his role was to give cover to trump for evangelicals not to bring the word of the gospel to MAGA. Unfortunately, he lost this career advancing wager, his best chance of becoming president was to subsidize trump’s bad eating habits. Mike Pence failed.

Idk. He may have early on in their campaign but it’s not something he probably would be comfortable with. Pence calculated that being VP could potentially catapult him to the presidency. He underestimated trump’s desire for authoritarianism. Trump, as is typical, knew nothing about Pence but desperately desired the evangelical vote through Pence’s hypocritical faith. Apologies for summarizing things you may already know, but my point is that despite me calling in to question Pence’s religious values, Pence truly believes himself to be a virtuous Christian therefore he would not care to wear MAGA swag outside of campaigning. He knew his role was to give cover to trump for evangelicals not to bring the word of the gospel to MAGA. Unfortunately, he lost this career advancing wager, his best chance of becoming president was to subsidize trump’s bad eating habits. Mike Pence failed.
That makes sense, and it shows how the GOP establishment held enough sway before 2016 to put a traditional conservative to the ticket to shore up the religious vote. Now all the chips are riding on MAGA, and the running mate will need to be decked out in hats and T-shirts every time they leave the house.

You'd think that this wouldn't be hard for voters to grasp.
they'll mostly be blissfully unaware since their sources of information will barely cover it

for example, pence denying his endorsement for trump will run, instead, with the second half of pence's statement that he'll not endorse incumbent Joe Biden

Back