Emotions and filthy sex

Rob_Royale

with cheese
So I did an Ex/Voy story a couple of months ago. Married couple. Voyeur hubby and a bi-wife. Add in her randy stepmom and it's a free-love bonanza. Very happy with it.

A sequel springs to mind and I start, this time adding more about the wife's father, who's popped back into the picture. After some decidedly filthy role-playing sex the story starts to get emotional as there is a lot of bad blood. Now, the whole theme of the story (Dirty Movie Night) doesn't fit because I've gone and made things sad. I wrote myself into a corner. I have a feeling a major rewrite (my first) is in my immediate future. And it's a shame because I think the emotional stuff is good. It makes the characters relatable and human. I think I'm going to have to revise the theme, to make the sex less impersonal and more loving.

There's nothing necessarily bad about writing yourself into a corner. Just embrace the corner and write what's interesting about it.

There's nothing necessarily bad about writing yourself into a corner. Just embrace the corner and write what's interesting about it.
For example, did a witch ask you to stand there? Are there manacles? Will you have to write lines on the board later?

So I did an Ex/Voy story a couple of months ago. Married couple. Voyeur hubby and a bi-wife. Add in her randy stepmom and it's a free-love bonanza. Very happy with it.

A sequel springs to mind and I start, this time adding more about the wife's father, who's popped back into the picture. After some decidedly filthy role-playing sex the story starts to get emotional as there is a lot of bad blood. Now, the whole theme of the story (Dirty Movie Night) doesn't fit because I've gone and made things sad. I wrote myself into a corner. I have a feeling a major rewrite (my first) is in my immediate future. And it's a shame because I think the emotional stuff is good. It makes the characters relatable and human. I think I'm going to have to revise the theme, to make the sex less impersonal and more loving.

So rework this one, and save the emotional part for a different story.

I often dip into emotional sadness in a story. I usually try to work the story toward the light by the end, though. "Towards." I don't require full-on happy ever after to be satisfied with the story.

Why doesn't it fit? Its your story and it can go in any direction you want it to.

I'm fond of stories that fuck up a wet dream at some point. They're like those swerve endings in horror movie franchises.

Done of a few of these, happy/sexy to angry and WTF, sometimes back again, sometimes not.

Provides a great roller coaster effect IMO.

Why doesn't it fit? It's your story and it can go in any direction you want it to.
True. To be succinct, someone dies after the first sex scene, a family member in another town. This prompts the dad to make contact. The wife leaves to help with the arrangements. I don't feel the husband and MIL would be all that amorous following that news. At least these characters, as I've imagined them wouldn't be.

But I'll take @MelissaBaby 's advice and eliminate the death, and just have the wife leave to patch things up with her dad. This will get me back on track and restore the theme. Thanks to everyone for their input.

I'm not certain what you mean by that. Care to expound?

8f0083_8132989a9b054c469624dd0cbdc37083~mv2.gif

Ah yeah, I remember my first rewrite. Had to scrap a whole chapter because of my foolishness. I was lucky to be able to save bits and pieces of it to reuse. It was a damn good chapter, but made mo sense in context of the story.

Well just to finish off this post, the story is completed and submitted. I ended up removing the death in the family entirely. In the end, it detracted from the story more than added and it was easy to nix without a major re-write. Thanks to everyone who got involved.

I think the emotional stuff is good. It makes the characters relatable and human.
Sounds like you discovered something really valuable. I suggest running with it.
the whole theme of the story (Dirty Movie Night) doesn't fit because I've gone and made things sad.
Is it possible to tweak the bad blood just enough to make an arc that eventually settles back into a dirty movie night happy ending, after a few chapters of tension and conflict and all that story stuff?

Sounds like you discovered something really valuable. I suggest running with it.

Is it possible to tweak the bad blood just enough to make an arc that eventually settles back into a dirty movie night happy ending, after a few chapters of tension and conflict and all that story stuff?
I altered the story to make it less sad and made the last scene between the two least emotionally involved persons.
Thanks for chiming in. https://literotica.com/s/yes-maam-ch-02-dirty-movie-night

Back