Emails to authors

It's not necessarily author apathy. The email address I use for Lit is *not* my main one, and I visit maybe once a week - it's just set up as a consequence of Lit requiring an email address to create the membership. Plus, a bunch of stuff gets dumped into spam, out of the way. Plus there's no return email so no way of contacting back unless it's in the body of the message.

Ping on the forums with a DM. More likely to get noticed and therefore replied to. Or, leave a comment - they *always* get read at least.
The people contacting you have the option to enter their email; or, at least, an email they have access to...

If they don't, it's their problem.

LOL--I've received one email about my one published story, and answered it!

10,000+ have read it, 43 voted, and 2 even posted comments. If I'm suddenly flooded with emails I'll do my best, but I'm not rushing to my inbox everyday.

I have sent numerous emails to a few o the authors who post stories here, and not one of them could be bothered to respond. Mainefiddleheads, qhml1, and slow_and_gentle are 3 of my favorites but not one of them could respond to an email. How many other readers have had similar experiences with the authors here?
I only have one short story out here right now-beginning work on my second-but I can tell you that if anyone emails me, I will reply back to them to at least let them know I read what they sent.

I would love to hear feedback to my stories. It's the only way I can improve my style or get, possibly, some new ideas.

I would love to hear feedback to my stories. It's the only way I can improve my style or get, possibly, some new ideas.
Likewise, it is always nice to receive feedback. The nicest was receiving a comment from the lady that one of my stories was based on, she'd recognised that this was probably the case and wanted to check - plus correct a couple of things as I had shortened timelines to shorten the story.

I may not read the email immediately, as my Lit email is not my everyday email address, but I will read and reply eventually.

I have sent numerous emails to a few o the authors who post stories here, and not one of them could be bothered to respond. Mainefiddleheads, qhml1, and slow_and_gentle are 3 of my favorites but not one of them could respond to an email. How many other readers have had similar experiences with the authors here?
I always appreciate comments from readers and will thank them. But often they want to get into conversations or suggest story ideas etc. I don't really have the time or inclination to pursue these.

Email address was load 19 years ago been defunked for at least 10 years.

OP got me thinking. If I get an e-mail that is simply a comment I usually haven't responded; guess I've become accustomed to trying to keep e-mail chains at work short by not responding to messages that don't require it - i.e. that don't have a question I need to answer.
But other posters' notes that they respond to all, even if just to say, Thanks for reading me, strikes a chord.
I will up my politeness level and start doing that. :)

I always respond unless they're abusive. Sometimes it takes a few days though.

I will respond if it comes through as non anonymous. Most of mine come through as another author thanking me for my comment on their story. However, the last email from a reader of my stories, I actually used my response in a 750 word story.

I've recieved emails (very flattering) but never responded at they went to my personal email, and I don't know how to respond to them anonymously. If the messages were on the site, i would happily have responded to all of them.

In my case, I don't recall receiving the email. To be honest, I'm a bit hesitant to reply to some emails because in doing so I am giving my email address out to somebody I have no clue about. I do try to read any comments posted on stories I have written.
Perhaps the subject line could be used to let some of us know whether we would want to reply or at least have a better understanding of what the inquiry is for.

MFH

Back