Do you believe in the Devil?

A powerful malicious entity dedicated to the corruption and destruction of mankind.

I’m active in adult entertainment and enjoy needling people about their attitudes. Some have called me an ally of the Devil. :)

I have never intended to be such and would not hold myself as evil. As far as an actual Devil, I’m with my fictional tiger friend Hobbes on the matter- “I’m not sure mankind needs that kind of help.”

What do

A powerful malicious entity dedicated to the corruption and destruction of mankind.

I’m active in adult entertainment and enjoy needling people about their attitudes. Some have called me an ally of the Devil. :)

I have never intended to be such and would not hold myself as evil. As far as an actual Devil, I’m with my fictional tiger friend Hobbes on the matter- “I’m not sure mankind needs that kind of help.”

What do you believe?
Yes, I do believe in an entity basically as you have described. I also KNOW that belief is not knowledge. The two can overlap when one believes something that is true but does not have necessary evidence proving it to be true. But when evidence does prove the truth of a belief, then it is no longer a belief. It's knowledge. I BELIEVE there is a devil. I don't know that. But things I've seen and thought about seem to be evidence. Just not in that cartoonist manner of the red horned malevolent ruler of the mythical hell.

And for those asserting that this is the wrong forum as this is a political forum, politics and religion are two sides of the same coin. They each seek control to govern the lives of others and of their society. That's politics. And they each seek to do so on the basis of what they believe to be right, That's religion. Reading the parameters given for this forum at the top, one listed is discussion of societal issues. How is religion not a societal issue? Or a political one, for that matter? Trying to exclude it on the basis of this being a political forum is the same as trying to prevent a political foe from being on the ballot.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I also KNOW that belief is not knowledge. The two can overlap when one believes something that is true but does not have necessary evidence proving it to be true. But when evidence does prove the truth of a belief, then it is no longer a belief. It's knowledge. I BELIEVE there is a devil. I don't know that. But things I've seen and thought about seem to be evidence. Just not in that cartoonist manner of the red horned malevolent ruler of the mythical hell.

And for those asserting that this is the wrong forum as this is a political forum, politics and religion are two sides of the same coin. They each seek control to govern the lives of others and of their society. That's politics. And they each seek to do so on the basis of what they believe to be right, That's religion. Reading the parameters given for this forum at the top, one l8sted is discussion of societal issues. How is religion not a societal issue? Or a political one? Trying to exclude it on the basis of this being a political forum is the same as trying to prevent a political foe from being on the ballot. That's politics at its worst.
Good first post. You explained yourself very well. I've no issue with that you posted, and you're beliefs, just don't try and sell your convictions of faith on other.

The supernatural incarnation of the devil depends on your belief system.

I believe that the devil in reality is little more than the most despicable of human beings that has no morals, no decency, and no sense of right and wrong. They are here for one purpose and that is to do the most harm that they can to their fellow man.
There is nothing inherantly wrong about that belief, either.

I would add that such an entity as you describe, with no morals, decency, or sense of right or wrong, who somehow convinces enough people to put him in position of power as a world leader, would be an even likelier candidate. Based on the Biblical and common Christian theological descriptions of the Anti-Christ.

And the tragic irony is, many self-proclaimed Christians eagerly and gladly support such an entity, and believe he should be in position as a world leader. Jesus Himself warned us against the rise of such a person...

Good first post. You explained yourself very well. I've no issue with that you posted, and you're beliefs, just don't try and sell your convictions of faith on other.
Fuzzy1975 thank you. So far you actually don't know what convictions of faith I may have, though, if any. Well I do for certain, and that is that there is a God. Ultimately, that too is a belief, though one for which there is far more evidence than there is for a devil. But I think that your cautionary instruction to not be trying to "sell" any "convictions of faith" probably springs from your own suspicions of what those might be, and your desire to not hear them if they are. Even though that impulse in you is along the same lines as "religion doesn't belong on a political forum" by trying to silence a viewpoint that you suspect might be coming. Let me at least partially allay your fears. Keep in mind what I said about belief and knowledge! Because that is a very important and crucial principle.

It is my BELIEF that people in general the masses have proven themselves to be more readily willing to go to war for their beliefs than for what they  know to be true precisely because at some level within themselves which they may or may not be consciously aware of they  do actually know that they cannot prove their beliefs to be true. And so they think that by showing thems3lves to be willing to die for their beliefs in the utterly erroneous conviction that doing so somehow strengthens the possibilty that they are right, thus "proving" somehow that theirs is the right belief and so their victory is in accord with the will of God.

That is my belief, but it's a strong enough belief that I'm pretty certain that it's true. And believing that, I know that it is idiocy, insanity even, to want to go to war to force others to accept a belief about God or a god and try to gather others to go with you to force others to accept your belief or die or at least be subjugated. And yet still I believe in God, and I believe in another entity we call the devil. And the Bible, I believe, is a composite from the minds of both, as well as probably from the minds of men not necessarily inspired by either one. I  know for a fact that it is not the "perfect inerrant word of God" in any of its forms and translations.

As for selling my convictions, isn't that what all political debate is about?

Last edited:
No. Religion was invented to govern mankind's behavior and occupy time. If you are going to set rules, there has to be a consequence for breaking them. Eternal damnation is a pretty serious consequence.

No Devil

Anti Christ?? Perhaps! Who knew how easily America could crumble when their deepest fear was revealed!!

Since I don't believe in God why should I believe in the Devil?
Good and evil are real.

The Devil makes absolutely no sense if God is almighty omniscient and omnipresent!
Devil? Creation of the church to maintain power. Or?? God is also Devil ?? Unless they are accepting Duality

Evil in men? Hell yes!!

Back