Distrust in Men. Help.

There are cunts out there of all genders and sexual persuasions.
I'm not defending your ex in any way shape or form, he sounds like a total and utter cunt. But is this a distrust of men or a distrust of relationships?

Comments like this are pathetic and unnecessary, and will reinforce your view that men are generally cunts

But comments like this won't help either.

If it's seen as a pure male vs female thing, it will only lead to further pain and upset. You're a woman physically attracted to men (or it seems that way). So if you do decide to date again, it will likely be with a male. Having the nagging doubt in your mind that all males are untrustworthy won't help with finding the right person for you.
As others have said, go out, make friends, have fun and see what (if anything) develops. Going out looking for a relationship is a recipe for disaster
The first guy is mean tweeting from Mom's basement
The other guy can't find his dick without a GPS, but will call women fat.
Both most likely long to drive those monster pick up trucks to make up for a lot of things, but until they get jobs that's not going to happen.

Lovecraft68 truly understands female pain.

Her cousin was a no-show for brunch, and yet he can still comfort her.

Without sniggering.

just personal observations about life - everyone's number one thing on their list - is number one.
myself included.
to me, the problems w people come when you leave yourself vulnerable to someone - and that someone is going to use you to augment or substitute you for their shortcomings. sort of like a drug?
it was a not so healthy relationship way long ago, that I realized that I was going to have to make it thru my whole life on my own.
to me that meant just one thing - financial independence. that leaves you non dependent.
no one's going to send you on vacation, buy you a house, car, fill up your gas tank - except you.
I didn't realize it at the time, but thinking that way long ago has made life so much more easier or lacking bad issues. some bad issues.
along the way I had bfs that started taking advantage or moving in on my decisions of life - it was good bye time for them. they're dumped - vamoose. gone.
so yes, lonely times. I've never found an equal to me. someone that liked me because of me. but that's ok.
I've had a lot of galfriends expressing their angst about some guy expecting them to do things, or them expecting the guy to do things.
that song - I am a rock. Simon n garf. don't talk of love.
and if you like legs - Tina turner, love is just a second hand emotion.

Last edited:
Sorry, the_single_girl about your difficult experiences had the too because of my ADHD and some Aspergers of misreading ppl. Someone told me work on acceptance that’s hat I am doing …:)🙏 peace

It is a pity that you are going through such a rough time. Not all men are assholes. At least you are free to keep searching. Don't rush in your search. Enjoy yourself!

Elite_goblin I totally agree. My father used to say there are assholes no matter where you go, I feel they can be male or female. After 40 yrs of business in NYC and Europe, I totally agree with. I have also discovered an lot of very nice caring , empathetic people.

Elite_goblin I totally agree. My father used to say there are assholes no matter where you go, I feel they can be male or female. After 40 yrs of business in NYC and Europe, I totally agree with. I have also discovered an lot of very nice caring , empathetic people.
What Lovecraft said, squared. Think about how and where you are looking and consider changing venues. Good guys are out there, no doubt about it.

Back