Daddy, From the Daughter's POV

In my story Pretty Please, I had to come up with a reason why and how a woman could grow up seeing her father in a sexual way. Which was, that they were a family of nudists. In my mind that makes sense. See someone nude your whole life, it would be difficult not to imagine a family member as a possible sexual partner.

Also, the psychology of a true Oedipus complex would be a valid reason. Love of her father, hatred of her mother, and a desire to supplant her mother in her father's life. That would be interesting to write. Or perhaps mother has passed and she wants to be his new love.

You could do a simple stroke story with no real explanations for why they feel the way they do or you could go full Fatal Attraction with it. Dad initially falls for her seductions because she looks so much like his late wife that he succumbs to her in his grief. Eventually, he realizes how wrong it is and breaks it off and that's when the carving knife comes out.

Parent-child incest is hard for me to wrap my brain around. Even though I've written it, it was difficult for me. Stepparents, aunt/uncle, those possibilities are easier for me because the bond is generally different. My relationship with my mother is ... complicated. And deeply personal. And there is no possible way for me to ever have had a sexual attraction to her, which explains my reticence for the genre.

I didn't mean to be Debbie Downer, but I would want to dive into the why of a daughter's attraction to her father. And maybe it doesn't have to be that complicated. Maybe her college roommate seduces her widower father after a party and she watches the whole thing and it changes how she sees him.

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

My relationship with my mother is ... complicated. And deeply personal. And there is no possible way for me to ever have had a sexual attraction to her, which explains my reticence for the genre.

Well, my 2p worth is: not really.

There are plenty of writers (myself included) and readers who could swear blind that they could not ever have had any sexual attraction towards their mothers... and yet read and write the genre with no little enthusiasm. The whole point is that you are, as both writer and reader, adopting a voyeuristic, fly-on-the-wall perception of the actions of invented third parties. Your feelings towards your own relations do not come into it...

...unless you are writing in the first person and attempting to tell the readers an imaginary 'your' story, in which case I grant real memories may possibly intervene to inhibit matters.

I am not sure.

My relationship with my very abusive mother is similar to Rob Royals. I have written a few incest stories, but find it very hard to do, and more so with daddy-daughter ones. I did write one (of only two incest stories) about a mother and son, but it was about the mother willing to do anything to reconnect with her son.

With a daddy-daughter story, I cannot seem to divorce my mind from the intimate act, even though as a writer I typically write novels involving multiple murders and other atrocities. Obviously, I have never committed murder, and am certainly not a violent person, but for me to write erotica, I must envision it to some degree. It is why I often say, erotica is more difficult to write than anything else. Master erotica and you have mastered any kind of writing.

I am not saying that a person who writes a daddy-daughter incest story obsesses about wanting to do the act, because I write about murder and have no such inclination to do it for real. But at the same time, I do have to think about how the murder would be done while writing it out, lest it not be realistic. With incest, I struggle with just the thought, and so I typically don't do incest stories.

Of the two I did? The daddy-daughter one was 20 years ago and before I had any children. And the second incest story was written a year or so ago, and was about a mom and son, and yet I only have daughters.

In my story Pretty Please, I had to come up with a reason why and how a woman could grow up seeing her father in a sexual way. Which was, that they were a family of nudists. In my mind that makes sense. See someone nude your whole life, it would be difficult not to imagine a family member as a possible sexual partner.

I must respectfully disagree. If you grow up seeing someone nude all the time, then nudity will NOT be erotic; it will be NORMAL. Eroticism requires a certain amount of mystery, of forbidden fruit, of something beyond the ordinary. As a frequent visitor to nude beaches and nude resorts, I have found that to be pretty much how the human mind works.

ever notice how most dad-daughter stories are from Dad's POV (or third person)?
I'd love to see more from daughter's POV.

My story "Craving Daddy's Cock" is written completely from the daughters perspective. Partly because I agree with your assessment, and wanted to create a counter-example. But also because I wanted to practice writing from a female first-person POV.

My story "Craving Daddy's Cock" is written completely from the daughters perspective. Partly because I agree with your assessment, and wanted to create a counter-example. But also because I wanted to practice writing from a female first-person POV.
Read that story, it's really good (even added to favs). It also has bite and switch theme I like.

we'd love to see some fresh practice from you.

Having Daddy on top feels so good. Protected. Covered. Taken care of.
Pride in knowing that he needs you cause mommy isnt enough.
Knowing you were created by him just to be used and bred by him.
Soooooo good
oh you little slut!

I would personally tend to go for the slow seduction of one party by the other, complete with background reasons for the behaviour of both, not just some common or garden, supposed 'attraction' between the two. Perhaps the mother/wife has alienated one or both in some way..?

Maybe the wife has started on some new venture of her own which leaves little time for closeness with the rest of the family... a new business or training for a new career, e.g. nursing or teaching. Could be she has become carried away with this, become self-absorbed and there are one or two incidents associated which both annoy husband and daughter and drive them closer together.

I do like the OP's idea of seeing it from the daughter's angle. Refreshing change.

ever notice how most dad-daughter stories are from Dad's POV (or third person)?
I'd love to see more from daughter's POV.

Another vote for that. The closest I ever got in a story was doing a third party/person view, as you mention. I think it's partly the worry of not being able to give the female perspective - I shy away generally from trying to imagine women's takes on things.

If others tend to be like me, look no further for a reason why most stories tend to be from the Dad's or third party POV, given that (real) female authors are in a tiny minority.

Conceivably a daughter might play the very subtle, below-the-radar temptress, encouraging the father to the point of his believing he must have her - and must 'push himself' on her... which she then actually enjoys..? Too convoluted?

Another vote for that. The closest I ever got in a story was doing a third party/person view, as you mention. I think it's partly the worry of not being able to give the female perspective - I shy away generally from trying to imagine women's takes on things......
Yes, that's what had me worried, too, and why I wanted the challenge. So I thought about a real female friend of mine, who is great at telling stories, and I imagined she was verbally telling the story to me. Then I wrote it that way. I think it worked. The comments were mostly favorable.

Conceivably a daughter might play the very subtle, below-the-radar temptress, encouraging the father to the point of his believing he must have her - and must 'push himself' on her... which she then actually enjoys..? Too convoluted?

No, an interesting scenario in fact, one where an author would have to be careful to make the girl's moves clear to the reader - and yet understandably not obvious to the father within the story, if you follow. All very sleight of hand and smoke and mirrors.

One hell of a story to be had there. Brilliant. You'd need the daughter to be a grade A schemer. Maybe bring in things like an unspoken rivalry between mother and daughter to be the family alpha female. Lots of comparisons between the two etc. The daughter's eventual aim is to replace her mother - openly? - in the marital bed, although the story would follow the initial, sly seduction and bedding.

Perhaps some cuckquean elements in this on the mother's side in the long run as she discovers she has a suppressed need to see her daughter replacing her in that way? She (the mother) therefore gives in to the situation?

Sorry - got a bit carried away and going off topic - but this could certainly all be told from the scheming daughter's angle!

Stories do not always have to be from one perspective. You can certainly include BOTH the father and the daughter's take on the situation as it unfolds.

Like any writing that is a little more involved, it will also be challenging to pull it off, but well worth it if it is done right. In literary terms it is known as "head hopping". It has a negative connotation to it because it can be confusing for a reader, but if done well, really add to the story.

Back