Considering nipple piercings

MastersDelight

Literotica Guru
Is there anyone who has any experience with this? I'm afraid of losing sensitivity. I've also heard larger breasts means a longer recovery time. Does it make your nipples larger? Did you enjoy them or did you regret them and remove them? I've also heard some nipples just aren't shaped or sized right for piercings. How is that determined?

Thanks in advance!

Is there anyone who has any experience with this? I'm afraid of losing sensitivity. I've also heard larger breasts means a longer recovery time. Does it make your nipples larger? Did you enjoy them or did you regret them and remove them? I've also heard some nipples just aren't shaped or sized right for piercings. How is that determined?

Thanks in advance!

When I did research for my lip piercing, I found a bunch of YouTube videos of people talking about their experience with the piercing I wanted. I've seen some for nipple piercings too. Just search for "nipple piercing " on YouTube.

Some of my patients have those. Breasts can get infected quickly, but there usually aren't any long term effects from what I've seen. Purely anecdotal.

You know how to deal with infection from your line of work, so from that POV I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Some of my patients have those. Breasts can get infected quickly, but there usually aren't any long term effects from what I've seen. Purely anecdotal.

You know how to deal with infection from your line of work, so from that POV I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Doing some reading and talking to some friends I'm almost leaning towards a VCH instead.... Off to research.

Thanks in advance!

Master sort of tricked me into getting my first nipple piercing (long funny story). It was very sensitive with a dull throb for a few days. It settled down sufficiently that he took me back to make me symmetrical two weeks to the day. That one is special because the piercer let Master do the actual push to make the piercing. :heart:

I've had the piercings, off and on, for almost 15 years. Off and on because I had to take the jewelry out for surgery a few times, and lost the piercing temporarily. My body seems to be very eager to heal. :rolleyes: They were re-established most recently a year ago, and I treasure them as much as Master enjoys using them.

I've never had sensitivity loss as a problem. My nips have always been very sensitive. If anything, sensation is amped up now vs. 15 years ago. I am a DD and had no troubles with healing. I was right on schedule according to my piercer. My nips are no larger than they were before, but they are more persistently prominent, as opposed to lying flattish when not chilly or aroused.

Do your research and find a reputable piercer. Check out shops online, talk with your prospective piercers, ask about their procedures until you feel confident. It does hurt, I'll be honest, but the initial pain fades over a few minutes and resolved for me in a few hours. Tylenol is your friend. Be scrupulous in your aftercare (salt water soaks and leaving it alone otherwise). Also, in the first month or so it's very helpful to be able to wear a supportive bra (like a sports bra) even for sleeping.

Reading through this site should be helpful.
https://askbme.com/category/piercing/nipple/

P.S. Relatively speaking, a VCH is a breeze! Excellent "training wheels" to decide if more piercing is really for you.

tumblr_nv37jh02ax1s63s56o1_500.jpg

this image... makes me want one... :devil:

what is VCH please?

My wife had her left nipple pierced and loves it. It did take quite a long time to fully heal but the pierced nipple is no almost always erect which in turn brings out the other. One day she will get her other one done but first I'm going to do one of mine.

I'm probably not going to tell you anything you don't already know, but I will for my own conscience.

Make sure you get it done at a respectable place that is sanitary. I recommend visiting it first without the intent of doing anything other than looking around and talking to the person that will be performing it. Ask to see their previous works ( it's not an insult, most love showing off ) and find out if you're comfortable with them. If you're not, or the place is skeeving you out? Find somewhere else.

I'm probably not going to tell you anything you don't already know, but I will for my own conscience.

Make sure you get it done at a respectable place that is sanitary. I recommend visiting it first without the intent of doing anything other than looking around and talking to the person that will be performing it. Ask to see their previous works ( it's not an insult, most love showing off ) and find out if you're comfortable with them. If you're not, or the place is skeeving you out? Find somewhere else.

Oh for sure! There's a reputable place in the city that a few of my friends have gone to for genital piercings. I plan to scope it out myself and talk to whoever I plan to do mine. I don't fuck around with that shit, especially not there!

I've had my nipples pierced 3 times.. First time at 15 (not in the US obviously, no one would do that for a 15 yr old here). I have had no loss of sensation, and of all the piercings I tried they were some of the easiest and fastest to heal. Never had a single issue.. Took the jewelry out to breastfeed a few years ago and while I still see the holes, I think they've probably closed up again on the inside. Not sure if I'll pierce them a 4th time or not!

I also had my clitoral hood pierced, with an 8 gage (which is pretty big). Now that hurt like a MOTHER. I would probably not do it again.. Took it out a few years ago because it rubbed against my clit too much-- which starts out pleasurable, but soon becomes too much rubbing, too sensitive, and uncomfortable.

I've had my nipples pierced 3 times.. First time at 15 (not in the US obviously, no one would do that for a 15 yr old here).

FYI: In my clinical practice, I have seen young women 15 and 16 yo with pierced nipples who I am sure had them done locally (in the US) - so I am not sure this statement holds true throughout the country.

I have a clit hood piercing and I like it. For some reason, nipples just seemed way off limits and I wasn't really with anyone who insisted I get them done so never did.

When I was single, the clit hood was a nifty surprise for the guys I was with. It's a ring, so I guess mine's horizontal.

It doesn't rub on it's own. I love how it feels when someone else is using fingers or tongue on it.

Okay so *coughs*

I had my nipples pierced when I was 19. I had them in for... 6 or 7 months?
Washed them, twisted the rings and washed them. Kept everything very nice and clean. Nipples were never painful or swollen. But my body rejected the piercings. As in, the tissue grew back behind the rings ans slowly pushed them out through the front of my nipple. It happened to one, and I just took the other one out when my piercer/artist told me what was happening.

So now, my nipples are currently just fine. More sensitive actually. There are scars on them from where the piercing needle went through and the one that fully pushed out has a scar line across it. They're not mangled like they may sound, they're still quite nice nipples, I'm just saying there was some permanent damage.

I can send you pics privately if you want to see what could happen. I had 2 tongue piercings, belly button, and a labret and they were all fine. My nipples just didn't like it I guess.

I've had several piercings...the nipple being the most intense. It took a long time to heal, mostly, I think, because I'm a man, and it was constantly getting bumped. A bra would, I assume, give a measure of protection. I liked it...kept my Itty bitty boy titty constantly erect and sensitive. I finally retired it due to backpack conflicts.

For me, clean means 3 things. First, all instruments and jewelry should be autoclaved. If everything is not individually sealed in plastic, leave.

Second, there should be a glove change every time the piercer touches something that isn't sterile. Blood borne pathogens are serious business.

Third, follow your gut. If something squicks you out, pay attention.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!

Love, love, LOVE mine. 14g barbells that my wife likes to slide back and forth when she flicks mine with her tongue and sucks/bites them.

Haven't noticed loss of sensitivity. If anything, they're more sensitive now being pierced.

Have had them a little over 6 months. Also had many others compliment me on them and it's fun to us having a sexy little secret under my shirt just for us.

One more thing: LITFA (leave it the fuck alone.) No touchy, no jewelry changes, no tugging, licking, sucking, etc until fully healed, around 6 months, iirc.

Last edited:
One more thing. :)

If you have ANY thoughts about future nipple play involving your piercings (rings can hold all sorts of interesting attachments) make sure you tell your piercer that you would like them to be set deep for possible rough handling. They usually do this anyway, but it never hurts to mention it.

Okay so *coughs*

So now, my nipples are currently just fine. More sensitive actually. There are scars on them from where the piercing needle went through and the one that fully pushed out has a scar line across it. They're not mangled like they may sound, they're still quite nice nipples, I'm just saying there was some permanent damage.

I can vouch. Very nice nipples, indeed. :devil:

Thank you for all the input! I think I'm going to go with a VCH, and talk to my piercer about getting my nipples done.

I'll be sure to mention future BDSM play and how that may effect my placement.

FYI: In my clinical practice, I have seen young women 15 and 16 yo with pierced nipples who I am sure had them done locally (in the US) - so I am not sure this statement holds true throughout the country.

I thought that was illegal under 18 here without parental consent.

I'm male, so breast feeding is not a consideration for me. I have a nipple pierced. It's like a direct wire to my cock. I don't know why and frankly i don't care to wonder so long as it still has that affect. Tweak... sproing! :)

A body piercer friend did it for me many years ago. He offered to do a prince albert if I wished as well but I declined.

He told some horror stories about some piercings he had seen go septic. The pictures he showed of puss and scar tissue prompted me to care quite well for my piercing.

He also explained that he like to examine other scarring on potential clients as people prone to quite thick scarring can lose some sensitivity.

His wife was into a bdsm lifestyle and her piercings were interesting to observe. The were aesthetic and functional. Some for sensitivity and some for show/restraint. For example she had multiple labial piercing which could be laced shut or locked and large rings in her nipples that she like to hang small vibrators from. They discovered the hard way that attaching a lead to piercings in soft tissue would pull the ring through... Just goes to show, you shouldn't lead your wife around by the nose. For that purpose she had a series of rings in parallel lines up her back through which she laced a ribbon thin enough to tear before skin would. It was pretty like the lacing of a corset and the long tails of ribbon doubled as a leash or reins...

Last edited:
Back