Confessions: What Are Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He called me in front of people IN A MEETING his girl Friday.

You mentioned he was your UK boss (do you have non-UK bosses?). I have found that here in the UK they tend to be a wee bit behind the times, women's-lib-wise. That's changing, of course, but things tend to change slowly in a country that's had a thousand years to establish traditions and behaviour.

It's the girl who gets coffee... And is there to look pretty... Not someone who is educated and a manager. That's what it ISN'T. He called me in front of people IN A MEETING his girl Friday. I was running the damn meeting!

He called you his "girl friday" in the middle of a meeting? Have you told him how you feel that's inappropriate?

This could be grounds for harassment, possibly.

EDIT: Ahhh, he's British...yeah, they aren't as PC around the office as us Americans. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You mentioned he was your UK boss (do you have non-UK bosses?). I have found that here in the UK they tend to be a wee bit behind the times, women's-lib-wise. That's changing, of course, but things tend to change slowly in a country that's had a thousand years to establish traditions and behaviour.

I live in America. He flys here to be a pain in my ass... Yes I've noticed. I try not to hold it against all UK business men. Most are quite nice to me. He likes to take people down a peg.

Yes I have a lot of bosses. I feel like the guy in the movie Office Space that didn't read the memo. ;) Most of my bosses are very powerful WOMEN...

It's the girl who gets coffee... And is there to look pretty... Not someone who is educated and a manager. That's what it ISN'T. He called me in front of people IN A MEETING his girl Friday. I was running the damn meeting!

And he still has both testicles? Lucky jackass. Wow.

He called you his "girl friday" in the middle of a meeting? Have you told him how you feel that's inappropriate?

This could be grounds for harassment, possibly.

EDIT: Ahhh, he's British...yeah, they aren't as PC around the office as us Americans. :rollseyes:

Um yeah. Oh that's just the tip of the iceberg. Yes I mentioned that I "manage" the office several times. That no one has used the term "girl Friday" since 1955.
And that my eyes are green and are above my shoulders. Oh yeah I was pretty blunt. I guess I didn't use the word "harassment".

PS I dress professional at work but you can't cover a nice rack.

try not to hold it against all UK business men. Most are quite nice to me. He likes to take people down a peg.

Well, assholes, male or female, know no geographic boundaries. There are lots of nice bosses here in the UK as well, rest assured.

F'rinstance, I've heard HM The Queen can be quite a nice employer. So, if you're ever looking for another office job....

Well, assholes, male or female, know no geographic boundaries. There are lots of nice bosses here in the UK as well, rest assured.

F'rinstance, I've heard HM The Queen can be quite a nice employer. So, if you're ever looking for another office job....

LOL Is that where you work?

You know I actually LOVE my job. I hate it quarterly when he is in town however... It has been bumpy as of late my position changed a few months ago.
Overall I've worked hard to get a promotion. I got one. No one is going to fuck me out of it. ;) Think next time I might suggest kindly that maybe he likes men better than women?

Okay enough about work...

ICT I really want everyone to say Happy Birthday to me, but I feel like such a stupid & conceited bitch asking anyone to. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday! A Christmas baby, that's cool! Did you get what you wanted for Christmas/Birthday? Hope you have a great and sexy year. :)

Um yeah. Oh that's just the tip of the iceberg. Yes I mentioned that I "manage" the office several times. That no one has used the term "girl Friday" since 1955.
And that my eyes are green and are above my shoulders. Oh yeah I was pretty blunt. I guess I didn't use the word "harassment".

*giggles*

Now that is a sig-worthy post.

Awkward. I like mine black by the way. *Mmmm, nice rack* Ooops, did I think that out loud?

Kidding!!!!!

Lol at your avatar! Awesome.

ICT I feel better now that all my pics are watermarked :). Now I just have to *ugh* fix the index.

I'm glad you like it:D

ICT I peeked at some of the pics already:rolleyes:

ICT I'm hoping with renewed comfort comes more beautiful pics of you:rose:

odd...

Lol at your avatar! Awesome.

ICT I feel better now that all my pics are watermarked :). Now I just have to *ugh* fix the index.

ICT that some that some of your pics that I printed are also stained... but not with water.

(not really... but I'm sure some have done that... is that ok with you? Do you ever think about that as you take pictures?)

Ict

I prefer the undressed version......;)...and as I remember you don't mind being told what to do sometimes.....;)

ICT that some that some of your pics that I printed are also stained... but not with water.

(not really... but I'm sure some have done that... is that ok with you? Do you ever think about that as you take pictures?)
Um...no, I hadn't thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back