Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

BlackShanglan said:
I dreamed of you laughing and wrote little notes in the margins of your story, smiling at the thought of you reading them. You'd left us three days before, but no one had told your characters or me, and we laughed away a long afternoon together.

Thank you for that last day. You were always thoughtful, Colleen; always generous, always kind. Your great beauty of spirit, your fire, your strength, your nobility - the words would never come to me for them when you lived, and still they will not. But now you know what you are to us. Now you see.

Shanglan

*Husg* Shanglan...thank you for sharing that....

I might be able to help with that

TheEarl said:
I don't have a single PM from Colly saved on my computer or still in my PM inbox and I really wish I did.

The Earl
I might be able to help with that if you tall me how this program works she saved everything Melissa

I'm going to be looking for publishers this week.

When I make a sale, I'll give the proceeds to the hospice you mentioned, Mel.

rgraham666 said:
I'm going to be looking for publishers this week.

When I make a sale, I'll give the proceeds to the hospice you mentioned, Mel.

You are a severely kind hearted and generous soul. :rose:

Thank you for replying to this thread, Rob. :rose:

I couldn't get beyond *gasp* :(

I'm so sorry for your loss, Melissa. Unfortunately for many of us, Colly's AV and Sig were all we could associate with her, never having met her in 'real life'. It's sort of like seeing a cyber-ghost, I guess. This is the first time this has happened to me, and it's a very dislocating experience.

Probably the sort of thing Colly would have something insightful to say about. :eek:

I'm just someone who used to debate the "liberal" position to Colleen's "conservative", although those are hopelessly inadequate labels. At first, I don't think we liked each other much, though over time that changed. I know I became very fond of her, regardless of the disagreements we had. And once, in a thread about casting AH people in Star Wars, she cast me as Luke Skywalker, which absolutely floored me. She said she recognized something in me that I probably didn't recognize in myself. Of course, I've been smitten with her ever since. :D

I said in another thread that the last posts we exchanged were agreeably humorous - she made an analogy about Congresspeople behaving like mobsters, which made us both smile. A day or so later, I read something similar somewhere else, and posted it for her amusement. I kept checking to see if she'd seen it, and had enjoyed a laugh. I thought maybe she was undergoing a bad episode of pain, and I hoped that she would feel up to returning soon. Now, of course, I know what happened. :( I'm glad that my last correspondence was agreeable and funny - When I caught up with it, in retrospect, it was close to the time she passed, and I think her indomitable spirit must have given all of us a last quick, warm feeling before turning her insatiable interest in all things to her new world.

Melissa, I am sorry for your loss. I didn't know Colleen well, but she was a loved member of our small community.

I've been offline most of the weekend, so I didn't see this until now.

melissa, please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. i very much admired her.

ed

Like Ted, I've been offline this weekend and am only learning this sad sad news now...what a terrible loss...to the ah and to you Mel....my heart goes out to you...I loved bumping into Colly in the Abs's place...I'm very sad now..

Oh, fuck, I was offline and I have come back to see this awful news. Absolutely awful. My condolences to her lover. :rose: May she rest in peace, indeed. From now on, there will be a note in my sig in her honor. I only had the pleasure to know her very briefly, but in that short time, I grew to care very much about her indeed. :( This world, her family here and at home, and her fans are all very bereaved and poorer for her departure to the astral plane. However, we are much richer for having known her.

Today i think of Colly not only as a dear friend with whom I shared many beautiful moments. Today I wonder who she was outside of here.

She was someone' s daughter... A woman gave birth to her, and raised her and saw her grow up into the most beautiful person that she was.

A father loved her, and cared for her and was proud of the person she had become.

She had friends, and she had family who loved and cared for her. How are they dealing with the loss of such an amazing person?

And I wonder...

I wonder what her face looked like when she received her favorite flowers.

What did her favorite t-shirt look like?

What did she think of just before she fell asleep at night? (when she did slept)

Where did she go when she was lonely and scared and sad?

Was she as giving with her hugs in her life as she was on here?

If she had one last chance to log onto Lit and share something with us, what would that be?

Was she scared?

And did she, could she at any time, fathom, just how much she was loved and cared for?

Would she realise how difficult it is for us to say goodbye to her? How much we miss her? How much she taught us? How much she gave of herself and what that meant to us? Would she know that we all wish we had just one more moment to send her a message and tell her how much she is loved and how much, if we could, we would take the pain away from her?

Would she know the peace of mind it brings that we know she can rest now, and not have pain?

Nirvanadragones said:
Today i think of Colly not only as a dear friend with whom I shared many beautiful moments. Today I wonder who she was outside of here.

She was someone' s daughter... A woman gave birth to her, and raised her and saw her grow up into the most beautiful person that she was.

A father loved her, and cared for her and was proud of the person she had become.

She had friends, and she had family who loved and cared for her. How are they dealing with the loss of such an amazing person?

And I wonder...

What did she think of just before she fell asleep at night? (when she did slept)

If she had one last chance to log onto Lit and share something with us, what would that be?

Was she scared?

And did she, could she at any time, fathom, just how much she was loved and cared for?

Would she realise how difficult it is for us to say goodbye to her? How much we miss her? How much she taught us? How much she gave of herself and what that meant to us? Would she know that we all wish we had just one more moment to send her a message and tell her how much she is loved and how much, if we could, we would take the pain away from her?

Would she know the peace of mind it brings that we know she can rest now, and not have pain?

That was a beautiful post, Vana. The only consolations I have at the moment are that we got to know her as long as we did, and that she is not suffering anymore. Not much consolation, I'll admit, but I'll take what I can get right now. :rose:

Nirvanadragones said:

And I wonder...

Was she scared?

Thank you, Nirvana. That was beautiful. *HUSG* :kiss:

I got a call yesterday telling me. I want to thank Rob for sending a PM to the person who called me. I haven't read the whole thread, just got online and have little time to be on.

Edited to say:

Fuck! Sorry, so sorry peoples. I got the wrong name from my phone call yesterday. Please forgive me so very, very much. I am so sorry.

Last edited:
I was so fearful for not having enough time that I misunderstood. Please accept the deepest and most sincere apologies that I can create. I got my phone call yesterday and was so shook by the news that I'm sure I heard the name wrong. In the state I'm in I wanted so badly to show my repsects that the name slipped right by me. I do apologize with the most heartfelt expressions.

Now it seems as though I'm grieving yet again. I spent all night thinking a friend has died, and ineed one has. Only now I feel as if two have, for I grieved for one and in reality it was another.

Colly. Wow. What can I say? At the moment I am at a loss for words. It's like the news just hit me all over again. Please pardon me a moments hesitation to come up with something appropriate. I can't express how I feel now. Colly was a great friend, to many of us. I'll return later to pay her proper respects. I just don't feel like I can right now.

Last edited:
Its' okay Rika, sometimes they were interchangeable. Cloudy was Colly's Sancho. :rose:

ABSTRUSE said:
Its' okay Rika, sometimes they were interchangeable. Cloudy was Colly's Sancho. :rose:

What she said.
Which reminds me, have you managed to contact Cloudy, yet??

matriarch said:
What she said.
Which reminds me, have you managed to contact Cloudy, yet??
I tried the last number for her that I had and I emailed the rez asking to have them contact me asap.

I've been doing a search, and found this post by Colly which just made me giggle.......I'm assuming it was on a thread about guns, one of her favourite topics......

Colleen Thomas said:
I lived in SC for a short while. Owned more than a few toys and a .38 revolver.

Have to say if the police got a call and busted in while I was busy with the former, I would probably have used the latter on them no matter what they were yelling

Why do I hear a agny voice saying you'll never take me alive copper, while imagining a woman holding her rabbit vibe?

There you have the essence of Colly's humour .......plus the inevitable typos.

:heart:

rik,

Hang in there. Thinking you'd lost Cloudy, then knowing you'd lost Colly is a double load to bear. We're all with you.

Rumple Foreskin

matriarch said:
I've been doing a search, and found this post by Colly which just made me giggle.......I'm assuming it was on a thread about guns, one of her favourite topics......

There you have the essence of Colly's humour .......plus the inevitable typos.

:heart:
HUSG :rose:

Rumple Foreskin said:
rik,

Hang in there. Thinking you'd lost Cloudy, then knowing you'd lost Colly is a double load to bear. We're all with you.

Rumple Foreskin

I appreciate that Rumple. I have so much that I can say. I just want to find what to say. I'll be back later. That time thing that I lack has crept up one me once more. Much peace to all.

i haven't read this thread, or the other, but...

i never did talk to Colly much. We just never had a whole lot to say to each other. No reason to. Can't say the personal conversations will be missed.

Never had her edit a story, either. Or even read anything. Did read hers, though, and found myself caught up more often than not - the 'not' being caused by stuff going on in this house, not because of her writing.

i won't miss her on a personal level at all.

However...

She was absolutely fucking brilliant. i'm guilty of reading threads that she had posted to, just to see her particular view on things. She had a way of getting the point across that most of us can only dream about.

She had insights that were so simple most people wouldn't see them.

There was a depth to her that i think very few people could ever fathom. She was a good person.

Back