Casual authoritative attire

Strong iconic masculine clothes.

Peacoat any length. Can be dressy with khakis, shoes and a shirt or longshoreman look with below wool cap.
Leather jacket must be of heavy motorcycle grade leather, well worn. Bonus for slight roadrash. Don't buy one, create your own. Or your a poser.
Non-camo military surplus jacket. Non-camo Robert De Niro. Camo Duck Commander.
Black wool cap/tuque goes with above three coats.
Sunglasses give an aloofness. Joe Cool wears them.
Footwear black!
During winter dress warm. You look more confident, comfortable and secure. Whining your feet are cold is for wusses.

What do you do in 90 degrees?

The casual thing is hopeless for "authoritative" altogether, man. I don't care for it myself. I generally go for white collar workweek when I'm not in sweats.

This thread makes me think of The Fonz.
I think it was the leather jacket that did it.

If you want a lookbook for effortless casual authority dress, please look at Steve McQueen and remember the polyester garbage all the fartknockers around him were wearing at the same time. The right haircut, a decent pair of sunglasses, a leather jacket that fits your body/personality, a couple of heavy shawl-collar sweaters and a few well-worn cotton button downs is all you need. But when you're shopping or putting pieces together, ask yourself "Would Steve wear this?"

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...ve-mcqueen-dies-steve-mcqueen-porsche-911.jpg

Yeah. Just like that.

we lol at the mention of the fonz, but it's clear that he dominated all of the other folk in the happy days universe.

And he did it without ever getting in a fight. Everyone was scared Fonzie was going to kick their ass, yet he never did because the series still needed him to be a likable guy.

I like the specific examples, but I do live in souther california. Its been 100+F here.

Maybe I can just wear a glock.

Anyone who can wear fluorescent orange speedos secured with brassy taught suspenders and a bow tie AND can truly own it will earn my respect every time.

Last edited:
Back