Bohemian Bar for Beta-Readers

Hi!
I've been around Literotica for years and currently have FOUR whole works up. lol... Unfortunately, I'm the kind of writer who has a LOT of stories started, but they wind up 'sitting in the drawer' because I run out of... whatever you run out of when a story bogs down and kinda doesn't want to go anywhere.

But...

I've got a string of stories I generalize as 'Cautionary Tales'... situations and quandaries that couples get into that seem to be great to start with, but sort of wind up going off the rails at some point. Unfortunately, the stories seem to go off the rails too. For instance...

I've got one set titled "Julie's Fantasies" with a sub title to add a bit more focus to the story. These stories have been in process for at LEAST 3 years, if not longer. I've completed two sections that I'm happy with and think I'm ready to write the next two which may... I repeat, may... round out the series. The problem is, I come up with an idea for the 'next section' and even though I've written a LOT of words in a couple of different concept areas, 3k words on one version and .believe it or not. 42k words in another, I'm not happy with how they go. So, they sit. The core of the problem is, and the reason they've not made it to the pages of Literotica is that I want the work to be finished before I post any of it.

I'd love to find a couple of beta readers to look over the two sections I've written so far and give me any feedback (especially on plot holes, inconsistencies and repetitive word usage. I'm bad for that.. sorry in advance...) you'd like and to hopefully stick around for the rest of the ride as well. Here are the specifications so far:

Section 1 (Completed) - The Beginning
Clocks in at just under 17k words, the initiation and first try at exploring a wife's (and husband's) fantasies.

Section 2 (Completed) - The Mall
This runs just over 20k words and is the next phase of the exploration process.

Section 3 (In Progress) - Emmy Awards Weekend
At 1k words already which means it'll probably hit the 20k mark as well.

Section 4 (In Planning) - Bathroom Renovations
At 0 words at the moment, but I can see this one hitting 25k to 30k (or more) since it could well be the 'final section'

Genres include Loving Wives (involves the wife being 'shared' as it were), NonConsent/Reluctance (to tip off the story line, rape fantasies are involved), a nod to the Fetish category (pantyhose/stockings) and Exhibitionism/Voyeurism (since watching is involved). Later sections will involve Group Sex and Interracial, although the first two could be classed as Interracial already, but not like Sections 2 and 3.

If you've any interest in investing some time into this as a beta reader, please contact me. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Hello, everyone!

I have managed to finish the rough draft of my main story. Becoming Monsters: In The Mirror has a few chapters up here on Lit, but I wrote 39 chapters worth ~170,000 written words total. Looking for betas and editors now, since it has a possibility of being published.

Urban Fantasy, LitRPG, Harem. Lots of dealing with slice of life details as well, including marriage and polycule mechanics, consequences of one’s actions, and the need to balance physiological demands against desire for intimacy.

This started off as a fanfic of Becoming Monsters (full book of that is up on Lit), but not too much knowledge of the original is needed to be able to follow this story.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested. Stories are currently all in GDoc, but I can pull them in almost any format required.

Hello. I have a 15k word story, for the Trans category. It's intended to be a stand-alone story, but in my series I Say Ass, You Say Arse (tales of cross-Atlantic collaboration between scientists).

So I'd like one or more beta-readers to check any of the following:
a) does it work as a stand-alone, or are there bits where you're going "who the hell is xzx and why do I care?"
b) does the American guy's dialogue sound OK or are there Brit phrases which sound totally wrong coming from his mouth? Any phrases in the story that are totally incomprehensible to Americans would also be good to know of.
c) One of the main characters is a trans woman. I've nicked most of her details and views on being trans from various friends and acquaintances of mine over the years, but don't want to ask them for a favour that might be emotionally upsetting. Comments on any implausibility, outdated language (the story is round 2010-12 or a bit later) etc appreciated.

General comments on pacing appreciated, but I should be OK on grammar etc - though there's bound to be typos.

Many thanks.

Hi!
I've been around Literotica for years and currently have FOUR whole works up. lol... Unfortunately, I'm the kind of writer who has a LOT of stories started, but they wind up 'sitting in the drawer' because I run out of... whatever you run out of when a story bogs down and kinda doesn't want to go anywhere.

But...

I've got a string of stories I generalize as 'Cautionary Tales'... situations and quandaries that couples get into that seem to be great to start with, but sort of wind up going off the rails at some point. Unfortunately, the stories seem to go off the rails too. For instance...

I've got one set titled "Julie's Fantasies" with a sub title to add a bit more focus to the story. These stories have been in process for at LEAST 3 years, if not longer. I've completed two sections that I'm happy with and think I'm ready to write the next two which may... I repeat, may... round out the series. The problem is, I come up with an idea for the 'next section' and even though I've written a LOT of words in a couple of different concept areas, 3k words on one version and .believe it or not. 42k words in another, I'm not happy with how they go. So, they sit. The core of the problem is, and the reason they've not made it to the pages of Literotica is that I want the work to be finished before I post any of it.

I'd love to find a couple of beta readers to look over the two sections I've written so far and give me any feedback (especially on plot holes, inconsistencies and repetitive word usage. I'm bad for that.. sorry in advance...) you'd like and to hopefully stick around for the rest of the ride as well. Here are the specifications so far:

Section 1 (Completed) - The Beginning
Clocks in at just under 17k words, the initiation and first try at exploring a wife's (and husband's) fantasies.

Section 2 (Completed) - The Mall
This runs just over 20k words and is the next phase of the exploration process.

Section 3 (In Progress) - Emmy Awards Weekend
At 1k words already which means it'll probably hit the 20k mark as well.

Section 4 (In Planning) - Bathroom Renovations
At 0 words at the moment, but I can see this one hitting 25k to 30k (or more) since it could well be the 'final section'

Genres include Loving Wives (involves the wife being 'shared' as it were), NonConsent/Reluctance (to tip off the story line, rape fantasies are involved), a nod to the Fetish category (pantyhose/stockings) and Exhibitionism/Voyeurism (since watching is involved). Later sections will involve Group Sex and Interracial, although the first two could be classed as Interracial already, but not like Sections 2 and 3.

If you've any interest in investing some time into this as a beta reader, please contact me. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'd be interested in having a look for you. Have a look at my contributions and then you'll be able to see if we're on the same page story-wise.

Hi, if the bar is still open....

I am currently working on reworking an old series I had up under a different user name and took down. It is currently around 11,000 words total.

I would like to have a beta reader look it over and offer input as we chat about the story. It is a fantasy story about a married woman sent to jail told in 3 chapters. However, I will be using an old still uncompleted chapter for the third chapter instead of the originally posted third chapter. I am in the process of adding to and correcting the first two chapters as I work on the third chapter.

If interested, please PM me to see how well we get along and if we can possibly work together.

Amy

anyone willing to vaguely beta for me? i know my stuff isn't good (even though i have fun writing it >_>) and could mostly use tips on like, how to extend it out and make it not go so fast i guess. i'm also curious about how people react to the personalities of my characters.
i write lots of stuff that isn't erotica, and tbh i'm pretty proud of my writing skill in other genres. but in my erotica works i'm not the best at all and also not biggest on character development, more of a hard and fast short story person that sets the scene very quickly and rushes to the sex. which i need to work on rushing less.
second of all i'm way into bimbo fetish among other things, and all my characters are super exaggerated. body proportions extremely unrealistically exaggerated, and the amount they think about/do sexy stuff also super unrealistically exaggerated. like if i cared about realism they would not be getting away with the shit they're doing lmao
i also draw my characters, in fact i got started getting into nsfw stuff by drawing and then writing lil scenarios for my characters i drew came next.
my wip is about a busty bimbo cheerleader with a (well earned) reputation for being a total slut, and 2 big buff football players from the opposing team cornering her alone in the locker room to "teach her a lesson" about being a slut. naturally this is a lesson she loves to learn, and learns verrry quickly how much she loves being a brainless fucktoy. ;D it leads to her hunting down her beloved hunky assailants and begging for lots more.
lemme know if anyone wants to beta for me. my usual beta reader for my "serious" writing i don't want to subject her to this shit lmao

I'll beta read for people if anyone is interested, long as I'm into the story. If I'm not, I'll let you know to seek another reader really fast.

would you try mine that is described above? :3
send me a direct conversation and we'll see. I warn you, I won't have time for a few days. Hope you can wait till this time next week. Also, please tone down the bimboification if possible. I'm not into excessive disrespectful behavior among the characters I read, however well-deserved. I have used it with at least one character (Alicia from Counseling and Rendezvous), but it's a turn-off for me. Better to see characters drop the shaming and just have fun being themselves.

send me a direct conversation and we'll see. I warn you, I won't have time for a few days. Hope you can wait till this time next week. Also, please tone down the bimboification if possible. I'm not into excessive disrespectful behavior among the characters I read, however well-deserved. I have used it with at least one character (Alicia from Counseling and Rendezvous), but it's a turn-off for me. Better to see characters drop the shaming and just have fun being themselves.
oh then you straight up won't want to read mine lol.

Back