Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Damn - clearing back the cobwebs - cough cough a little dusty in this place

The How To... lacking a little zazz these days...?

Oh did you mean me? ;)

Ahhh let me pause for a moment - breathe (big deep breath) - before diving head first into the "zazz"

giphy.gif

Sometimes when people write about something they love, I fall in love a little, also. But, who is a Chester? What’s a rube? And why did he not finish it?

Looking back on a very significant thread given a bump today - so glad uncledribblydrybits is gone.

Geez. I show up here for the first time in about a year and a half and get a spam PM within minutes.

Open letter to the oh so offended one

...to be fair I'll keep this out of the running thread.

I have no issue of my offerings being pulled apart and criticised. If I believe someone has made a fair point I will acknowledge that.

What I won’t do is make an accusing statement at the end of my posts daring that any who have a differing opinion are to be instantly considered trolls. (certainly an attention bait though)

I disagreed with your opinions and I gave my reasons why. In my observations troll offerings are usually devoid of analysis or reasoned argument.

If you believe there is a pattern of people opposing your views perhaps you may ponder the reasons why.

If also in your offerings you make assumptions well beyond the information provided, for which you then base strongly opinionated advice, you really shouldn’t be surprised that others will point that out. So I held a mirror of assumption and judgement up for you to gaze upon yourself. By your own admittance you have trouble with people questioning your perceived authority, I simply wondered to what greater part of your life this has been an issue.

Thank you.

I think I will be able to stand up tomorrow and talk at his funeral and not completely lose my shit. Maybe. Maybe?

Probably not.

I did at my mom's this last December because my idiot brothers wouldn't. I didn't make it without choking up, but I know it made mom happy. Your dad will be happy and very proud of you.

I have noticed a strange pattern in my life when it came to long term partners. One thing always seem to link to the other. For instance, my first serious boyfriend had the same initials as my second. My second had the same birthday as my ex husband. My next boyfriend had the same online user name as my current’s real name.

It’s weird.

Sitting in a Maritime hospital with my goofball 17 year old, waiting to count stitches, had a helluva shit night and woke up 100 miles behind:

Sitting in front of this 13 year old ginger that tried to off himself due to a school years long bout of bullying, alone, waiting for someone to see him in the triage.

As a keeper of 8 of the money draining kind, I find myself at a complete fucking loss as to offering help....

My gut tells me to wrap my arms around him and reassure him it's ok

Instead I join the glazed over spectators not doing a fucking thing.

Last edited:
majorbedhead quoth:
my gut tells me to wrap my arms around him and reassure him it's ok

instead i join the glazed over spectators not doing a fucking thing.
he's a minor and a stranger. your gesture of compassion and sympathy could easily and problematically be misinterpreted, sadly.

i get it. 16 months of lockdown has me craving authentic human connections with other people.

asking if he'd like to talk about what's on his mind might have helped.

don't judge yourself too harshly.

Dear Dad,

You were the best man I’ve known.

Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to be there beside you today and holding your hand as you took your last breath. Though my heart is shattered your suffering is now over.

I will miss you all of my days.

Until heaven,
S x

I'm sorry for your loss. :rose:

My oldest son had a heart attack today. It's really not supposed to happen that way, dads are supposed to go through all this first.

Back