Best app for writing on my iPhone?

Soma99

Literotica Guru
I really don’t sit down and write stories anymore- but I do sometimes have a few minutes to pass here and there and might want to try and pick up one of my half thought out ideas on my phone.

Is there a free app people like using? Going in and out of my Google drive is kind of a pain on my phone

Thanks!

I can't imagine actually writing a story on a phone. Can't get into a rhythm. But I do occasionally use mine to document brainstorms or snippets of ideas or of dialog. I use an app called Gnotes, which is an Android app. Don't know if there is a iPhone version, but there have to be hundreds of note-jotting equivalent apps.

I’ve used Werdsmith - though I think after a certain number of new “projects” they ask for money. I haven’t hit whatever number that is but that’s because I’ve taken to hand writing, then typing up a draft in google docs, and only really editing in there on phone. Not a big fan of phone writing - except for short messages and on here, etc

I really don’t sit down and write stories anymore- but I do sometimes have a few minutes to pass here and there and might want to try and pick up one of my half thought out ideas on my phone.

Is there a free app people like using? Going in and out of my Google drive is kind of a pain on my phone

Thanks!
Google Docs is easier to use, no need to dive into folders to get to them.

It's a decent online word processor.

Thanks!
If it's just a quick thought, I use the built-in Notes app. If I'm writing, I use Pages and store the file on iCloud. That way I can access it from either my phone or my Mac.

I use Notes, it's fairly versatile, easy to use, and when I want to move it over to the PC to work on it (editing, etc.), I just email the text over and cut and passte.

Thanks!
Google Docs has it's own app and it's a lot better for documents than navigating Google Drive.

Edit: didn't realize that I'd already replied to this.

Last edited:
To be contrarian, I use the 365 version of Word on iOS. I’m super used to Word from college and work. It’s fine.

I find Google Docs crashes around the 30k word level. Word is still stable.

Em

Like Rusty, I use Google Docs, an occasionally I do tap out a few paragraphs on my phone. But I'm on Android, so no idea what the experience on iPhone is like. However, the other text editor I use on my phone is Sublime Text, which I have to imagine is available on iPhone as well.

I’m another Google Docs user here. I can (and do) switch between my iPhone, my Android tablet, and even my desktop computer on rare occasions. If a plot line strikes me, I’ll write in my car, at work, or at home. When writing, it doesn’t matter to me as to where, when, or on what device.

Back