Ben Carson's debate strategy

Where were the Lit wackos with their cries of "racism" when the birthers were running amok?

Whenever there are threads about Carson or about Obama, it's always instructive to see who it is in those threads who brings up race.

Personally, I think he was gay, but who am I to judge?

A little extra money in retirement never hurt.

well, he was of an older generation that tended to keep that shit hush hush. also, he was kind of a toad so i doubt it mattered much what he was. seriously, try picturing him having sex with anyone of either sex. now enjoy not sleeping ever again.

well, he was of an older generation that tended to keep that shit hush hush. also, he was kind of a toad so i doubt it mattered much what he was. seriously, try picturing him having sex with anyone of either sex. now enjoy not sleeping ever again.

Oh come on. He was tall and slim. Not terribly handsome, but witty and articulate; I'm sure he did okay. And he represented Greenwich Village in congress before he ran for mayor.

If it's true that

1. Carson personally saved white students from a horrible fate in high school during the post-MLK assassination riots

and

2. That there were 150 people in the course in which Carson was rewarded for his honesty, an incident that was supposedly documented by a newspaper photographer

then shouldn't some of these people be willing to come forward and say "yes, this happened?" Rupert Murdoch's paper went looking for such evidence and couldn't find any.

It seems pretty obvious what happened here: Carson talked up his own heroism and moral superiority to sell books, long before he thought about a political career. Now he's running for President, and without a track record to fall back on, he's got nothing to sell to voters but his own character. Unfortunately, most people regard shameless bragging, lying, and excessive self-regard as character flaws rather than assets.

I thought he was a violent, angry dude when he was a teenager in high school.

Oh come on. He was tall and slim. Not terribly handsome, but witty and articulate; I'm sure he did okay. And he represented Greenwich Village in congress before he ran for mayor.

no, he was not a pretty man. sure, he had power, so that may have helped a bit but my point stands.

more

mentally ill amnesia

WASHINGTON POST COLUMNIST, FACE THE NATION HOST STRICKEN WITH MYSTERIOUS CASE OF COLLECTIVE AMNESIA:

Appearing on CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday, Washington Post columnist David Ignatius blasted the GOP presidential candidates for daring to complain about the biased questions asked during last month’s CNBC debate.

Moderator John Dickerson teed up Ignatius by playing a clip of President Obama who mocked the Republicans’ debate complaints which prompted the Post columnist to declare the American public want someone who does more than “whines about media coverage.”

Really? Because for the last six years, we’ve seen constant headlines such as these:

WhiteHouse.gov Plays Media Critic: Calls Krauthammer’s Washington Post Column ‘Wholly Inaccurate.’
White House Defends Attacks on Fox News: ‘They Will Say Anything.’
Video: White House Emails MSNBC During Joe Scarborough Show.
Vice President Joe Biden accuses ‘people’ of very bad journalism.
White House uses Twitter to bully critics.
Sharyl Attkisson Testifies: If You Cross The Obama Administration, You Will Be Attacked and Punished.

Oh, and as a casual aside, John Dickerson, the host of Face the Nation, wrote a column at the start of 2013 for Slate, when it was still owned by the Washington Post, advising Mr. Obama to “Go for the Throat! Why if he wants to transform American politics, Obama must declare war on the Republican Party.” It carries the alternative headline, “Why Obama Should Seek To Destroy the Republican Party.”

Upon seeing this

CTQQ6AOWsAAtx3y.jpg:large

Mentally ill thread starter and the other mentally diminshed posters

promptly

pAWjXBv.gif
engage in a circle jerk

cbd.jpg

you don't like Ben because you are a racist

Flat out lying about his association with Mannatech.

CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla was lustily booed by the GOP debate audience Wednesday night for pressing Ben Carson on his relationship with a sketchy nutritional supplements firm. The jeers rained so loudly that Carson couldn’t even finish his answer to the question. Which is good for him, because he was in the process of spinning one of the most convoluted, nonsensical, bald-faced lies of the entire campaign. And that’s saying something.
The question was about Carson’s 10-year involvement with a sketchy multilevel marketing firm called Mannatech. As Quintanilla noted, Mannatech has faced scrutiny over its claims that its vitamins could cure everything from autism to cancer, and it paid $7 million to settle deceptive advertising charges brought by the Texas attorney general.

Carson’s answer started out equally simple. And then it got complicated. And then he tried to make it simple again. And he was fibbing pretty much the entire time.

“That’s easy to answer,” said the candidate, who has recently emerged as the leading Republican candidate for president. “I didn’t have any involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society: total propaganda. Oh sure," Carson hedged, “I did a couple speeches for them. … They were paid speeches.” But! “It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of a relationship with them.”

Wall Street Journal has cataloged Carson’s relationship with Mannatech in detail, and you can watch a video of him endorsing the company's products right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSoHRwtwvI
At that point, remarkably, Carson decided the moment was right to go ahead and plug the company on national TV. “Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.”

Quintanilla broke in, pointing out that Carson had in fact appeared on Mannatech’s home page until just a week ago, touting the company’s products in a video with the Mannatech logo behind him.

“They did it without my permission,” Carson replied.

Carson broke into a grin as the boos cascaded down through the audience, directed inexplicably at Quintanilla.

“See?” Carson said, breaking into a grin. “They know.” Thunderous applause.

-UD comment-
There truly is a sucker born every minute, and they packed the hall with them for the GOP debate.

Un-fucking-believable

Soon the mentally ill thead starter, and his equally mentally ill eco lites will start with Rubio and his credit cards, and ignore CuntClinton and the billions she stole

Back