Beauty ๐Ÿ’š in a Wicked World

73de1d7145434c346334f1c834cf39f302929074.jpg

This ^^ is ShyNaughtyGirl ๐Ÿ˜‚ and it makes me so happy.

75faf55bfdaef56a1c7189b8fd0f5169b6dd594e.jpg

A list of what weโ€™re thankful for seems much easier but maybe a bit less impactful than this ^^

I read a book from a favorite author (David Drake) though Hell Should bar the Way. In the front he even referenced the work, The Highwayman from which the line is taken. I have read the book twice, and the title didn't resonate with me. Then I was told about the Highwayman and read it. Still didn't make the connection. Then I made an audio of the poem right around the time of another reread, and it hit me like a baseball bat. The spirit of the poem is so the spirit of the book. It took appreciating, not just reading both, but then it was so meaningful.

I read a book from a favorite author (David Drake) though Hell Should bar the Way. In the front he even referenced the work, The Highwayman from which the line is taken. I have read the book twice, and the title didn't resonate with me. Then I was told about the Highwayman and read it. Still didn't make the connection. Then I made an audio of the poem right around the time of another reread, and it hit me like a baseball bat. The spirit of the poem is so the spirit of the book. It took appreciating, not just reading both, but then it was so meaningful.

I have never been able to concentrate enough to enjoy audio books, but I do think a poem can really hit you differently depending on who is reading. What a cool experience, BBB!

f0c72d5545afb6649728522d9073f5e81a8e1728.jpg

Even just leaving someone a voice message....and hardly being able to finish because I'm laughing so hard. As soon as I hit send I am smiling with joy that I can share those moments.

Back