Where should I post this, and how can I get it pinned??

AG31

Literotica Guru
I joined Lit. a couple of years ago and posted several stories. I pretty soon stopped logging in because I was so confused about the interface. I got involved in the forums again a few weeks ago, and this time I recorded all the confusing things and how I got clarity. I found that it is a super site for fostering conversation. I'd like to share what I've learned. I've created a document with screen shots that covers such topics as "How do I get from the stories side of Lit. to the forum side?", "How do you get your profile, messages and bell icons to show after you've logged on?", "I'm in one forum, reading a thread. How do I get back to the forum, or to a different forum?" and many more.

I want the whole thing to show up immediately, instead of giving a link to Google Docs or something similar. And I'd like it to be pinned? I can edit it whenever new stuff shows up. I know, for sure, that something like this would have helped me get involved much earlier.

Which forum are new people most likely to visit?

How do I get a post pinned?

tia
ag

Which forum are new people most likely to visit?
There's no way anyone here knows that.

It's seems pretty clear that most forum users are in the chat rooms, personals, and so on. The "writer" forums are backwaters, I'd say. There are many folk here now who've said, "I never knew the AH exists," and even fewer frequent the Feedback Forum.
How do I get a post pinned?

tia
ag
PM @Laurel

The "writer" forums are backwaters, I'd say. There are many folk here now who've said, "I never knew the AH exists,"
I knew there were forums, but never came to them until I started writing.

I doubt that I would have come the the AH before then anyway as it seemed to be where authors talked about writing.

I suggest you try to submit it to the How To forum, although I don't know if you could include the screen shots. Then contact the moderator in that forum about getting it pinned.

There's no way anyone here knows that.

It's seems pretty clear that most forum users are in the chat rooms, personals, and so on. The "writer" forums are backwaters, I'd say. There are many folk here now who've said, "I never knew the AH exists," and even fewer frequent the Feedback Forum.

PM @Laurel
Well, my document would be specifically targetted to the "writer" forums. I did visit Chat, having seen this post. It may be because I'm in one of those rural "underserved" internet locations, but all I saw was an endless scroll of users, with, maybe comments. It went on and on and I finally exited.
So. It's the writers' forums I'm targeting.

My assumption on the pretense that the other shit people are asking once a week has never been pinned and I used to suggest the same thing. Half of Lits traffic is stories, the other half is WuT aBoUt uNdEr 18, WhYz iT TaKe FoReVerz tO pubLish, aNd I kNow TheReS 5774467 topics about it, but Blah BlAh LovInG WiVeS, AnYwAyZ????

My assumption on the pretense that the other shit people are asking once a week has never been pinned and I used to suggest the same thing. Half of Lits traffic is stories, the other half is WuT aBoUt uNdEr 18, WhYz iT TaKe FoReVerz tO pubLish, aNd I kNow TheReS 5774467 topics about it, but Blah BlAh LovInG WiVeS, AnYwAyZ????
That’s actually pretty funny 😄 .

Em

To quote Andy Warhol: "Someday we'll know what everyone else is thinking, and then we'll find out that everybody is thinking the same thing."

https://www.artchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Warhol_Brillo_Foundation-768x576-1.jpg

What Andy's workers were thinking, "Why do we make the art, you take the credit, and pay us little to nothing? Well you do give us with some great dope, there is that."
There seemed to have been no lack of them who wanted to be associated with the Great Man anyway. Not sure if Andy himself was that much into drugs; he was naturally pretty spacey just as he was. Everything was humming until Valerie Solanas came along.

The entire movie of this is online (about 90 minutes) if you wish to see it. This commentary is a little over nine.

Back