Available to edit

Available... most anything but rape (as primary focus), scat, and serious sexual violence.

Funny/quirky is always a refreshing change, but happy to help on anything from personal experience/narrative to sci fi. Appreciate story development, but also fine for a 'right to it' scenario.

I work in Word, and will go through for copy editing.

Can also help with story development, if you have an idea and want to build it out / work certain scenes, etc.

Fine with the majority of genres. Wide experience personally and writing myself, but have edited a number of Lit stories over the years. I tend to edit for a few months, then drop off.. so this is one of my 'on' periods.. grab me while I've got the spare time.

UK Newbie Editor

Lots of time on my hands thesedays so wouldn't mind giving editing a try - maybe starting with something shortish in a mainstream genre.

52M in Scotland, so would prefer UK English over US English spelling / authors. Believe I have reasonably good language & grammar skills, and also have some technical author training if that helps. Willing to suggest alternative wording / structuring if I feel it improves flow.

Word files ideally (use latest PC version).

Any interest?

I’m still around.

I won't touch copy with the following: rape, drugs, non-con, heavy BDSM, scat or piss, not keen on gay male or transgender, but otherwise most else goes.

MS word is my preferred format but will use Open Office/Libre Office.

PM me your requirements with detail of category and word count and I will see what I can do.

I usually reply to PM's within 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences)

Todger65

I am willing to give editing a shot

Note: Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have temporarily withdrawn my offer of editing services. I have turned editor availability off on my profile and will reactivate it when I am again able to provide those services.

I am offering my services to edit and/or beta read Literotica stories. I do not have any credentials to offer other than having read a metric fuck-ton of books, from which I learned enough to be dangerous. I have done some technical writing in the course of my work, but that was mostly procedurals, manuals and reports. I can offer advice on the technical aspects of writing as well as what I think works in a story and what doesn't in terms of plot and characterization.

I know that I can't just do this to beta read my favorite authors (much as I would love that), since the established ones here already have their own beta/edit groups in place. Therefore, I will just throw this out there to pretty much every category, with the proviso that certain areas aren't my thing and if I have to go there, the story had better not be too long.

I don't want to linger in stories with an emphasis on scat, because shit stinks. I can deal with just about everything else except for extreme cuck humiliation where the happy ending involves cock cages; that triggers the Charles Bronson Death Wish corner of my brain (amateur and professional psychologists can fuck off with their analysis of that). I have no first hand experience with many of the categories (not telling which I do or don't), but have a fairly broad knowledge base and know how to research.

I can work in open source word doc format. Hit me up with what you want looked at and I will check in a couple of times a week to see if I can help you. I can't promise to work with everything send to me, but will let you know if I can or can't work with your submission.

Last edited:
Open Editor

I've been around the Literotica world for nearly 15 years, but have only recently entertained the idea of editing. (My PMs are open.) I have writing experience at the professional level - in print, online, and for executive audiences - so my eye is well-trained where language, flow, and structure are concerned.

• Availability: I work full-time, but I am often reading when I have free time. So, I'm fairly sure I can edit series and longer stories. I reply to PMs within 24 hours.
  • Editing Services: Spelling/Grammar (English - US and UK), Format & Readability, Storyline/Plot Critique, Character Feedback, Long-Term Storyboard Feedback
  • Document Format: Open to most, but Word is my preference for its change-tracking capabilities
  • Some Lit Authors I Follow: RonCabo, Tx Tall Tales, Mentalcase, Darth_Aussie, aimingtomisbehave33, TitManDDo (just to give an idea of writing I enjoy)
  • Typical Story Categories: Anal, Exhibitionism/Voyeurism, First Time, Group Sex, Incest/Taboo, Interracial (involving white men, mostly for relatability), Romance
  • Will Not Consider: Rape (and other nonconsensual coercion, including drugging), Piss/Scat/Blood, Sexual Violence (knifeplay, heavy BDSM, etc.), gay/transgender, humiliation, nonhuman, sissy/cuckolding, senior citizen characters
I am likely to be interested if your story involves elements of the kink/story category list in my signature. While I can't guarantee my uptake of your story/ies, I can guarantee you'll get a response on whether I can work with your submission(s).

Available to edit / provide feedback

Hi,

I can help edit stories, but prefer to not read stories with torture / rape / scat etc. I have a preference for stories with older men.

Beta reading/Edit

I am 30 and a few semesters away from degree in psychology and have been an editor for essays and papers in the past academically.

off limit topics rape(CNC is okay), scat, extreme torture

I have been very active in BDSM and have read many literary genres for fun and academics.

I am able to give feedback but am a tad abrasive in delivery at times; if this style will not work for you unfortunately I don't believe I would be the best editor for you.

Pretty available most days to dedicate some time to beta reading and edit.

I am a professional editor, and willing to edit for fellow Lit writers. Tell me what you want: Full edit, beta-read, criticise (I am also an author, so I will be sympathetic) proofread, you tell me.

Payment: Invite me to your NY Times bestseller's award night :)

Either PM me, or write to

Reminder:

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.

and talk to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
new editor

Ok I am offering to edit for the first time, but I am a voracious reader, and my English is good. Initially I feel that I can do better for catching spelling and grammatical errors. Hopefully, my ability to offer plot/ stylistic suggestions will improve with time.
I do not like
-- cheating or swinging
-- Gay (I do not understand it) MM or transgender
-- serious BDSM (bare handed spanking is fine)
-- FDOM
-- VIOLENT rape
If I choose not to edit your story I will let you know.
Preferred format PDF, because it is easy to annotate non-destructively, but I will edit most non-DRM formats.

Still around

I won't touch copy with the following: rape, drugs, non-con, heavy BDSM, scat or piss, not keen on gay male or transgender, but otherwise most else goes.

MS word is my preferred format but will use Open Office/Libre Office.

PM me your requirements with detail of category and word count and I will see what I can do.

I usually reply to PM's within 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences)

Todger65

You'll be surprised what I can see about your writing in 2500 words...

Hello Literotica Authors...

I want to introduce myself and invite anyone to submit up to 2500 words for me to edit.

My specialty is developmental editing aka writing coaching. My intent is to make you the best writer you can be. I've been a PT freelance writer and editor for about 10 years now. I maintain several blogs and have an active youtube channel at The Body House Chronicles. I create audio MP3s as well and can turn your story into audio for you to post anywhere you like.

As well, I've been in the FBSM industry for 7-8 years, a CMT for more than 20 years and a certified Life/Relationship/Writing Coach for the last few years.

If you need help in any way, I'm available. More than likely I have been where you are.

I also have energy/somatic psychology training (Reiki, LHP, HMR, tarot reading) and have found a way to heal and improve my own skills and life.

In other words, I'm very qualified to offer guidance and more than happy to do it.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND...

I'm happy to edit up to 2500 words for free for Literotica authors ONLY. You'd be surprised what I can learn and critique about your work in 2500 words.

I prefer heterosexual erotica without too much violence. Although I'm not easily offended. Anything paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi is cool. If it has a thriller/mystery vibe... even better.

I have paid jobs that are a priority so sometimes my turn around times may be slow.

If you have an extra long manuscript you'd like help with there is an option for that.

Contact me with your thoughts. I look forward to reading or recording your work soon. Dyann xo

Back