Available to edit ~~~ 2024

_Lynn_

Literotica Guru
Add your name to the thread if you're willing to help others.

If you need help, please begin a new thread.

Include preferences in your post ~~

* Specify if you are unwilling to edit certain topics/categories, or if you have a word limit.

Turn on Conversations ~~

* Conversations are found under the little envelope at the top right of the page. To check that they are enabled, click on your username next to the envelope and then go to Privacy. Under "Allow User To" you will see various options for conversations.

Reminder ~~

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.

Achtungnight here. I am willing to help beta read if needed. Please be aware I reserve right to reject any story I can’t stomach thx.

I'm an avid reader of erotic writing and an experienced editor. I do not change content without discussing it with the author but I do change spelling, punctuation, and obvious wrong word choices (for example, then vs. than or their vs. there). And I insist on using the Oxford comma. You can reach me by checking my profile. Thank you for your consideration.

I won't touch copy with the following: rape, drugs, non-con, heavy BDSM, scat or piss, not keen on gay male, transgender, and non-human, but otherwise most else goes.

MS word is my preferred format but will use Open Office/Libre Office. Have also used Google Docs, but edit offline, not live.

PM me your requirements with detail of the category and word count and I will see what I can do.

I usually reply to PM's (Conversations) within 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences)

Todger65

I am available to edit/proofread/beta read author's writing.

I have a decent grasp of the English language and dabble in my own writings when the mood strikes me. My hobby and passion I have come to discover is helping other authors with their craft. A good story can be easily found and then lost with poor character creation, plot disconnections, and grammar inconsistencies so I am here to help those that may need that service. Honestly budding writers are the lifeblood of this site and I want to help them succeed so they can excel and achieve their best work.

My genres of expertise and preference are: Loving wives, romance, mature, first time, incest/taboo, sci-fi/fantasy, anal, fan fiction, nonhuman, and erotic horror. Please feel free to give me a DM as I would like to help talented writers shine their gifts brighter to this great Lit audience.

Writer available for proofreading/editing finished stories. I commit to taking on only one story at a time.
I have 30+ years professional writing experience in the technical genre.

I will not write/rewrite your "ideas for a story" or "incomplete stories".
I've edited several stories on Literotica in the past.
MS word is my preferred format but will use other readily-available tools.

I prefer editing stories (not novels) so I'd say the maximum word count of 9,000 words works for me.
I won't edit stories of the following categories: Celebrities, Chain stories, Erotic horror, Non-Erotic, Non-Human, Novels, and Sci-Fi

Typically, my style is to read the story completely to gather my initial thoughts before going through it line by line.
However, before sending it to me, I ask you to take the time to thoroughly read your story.

Hope to hear from you.

Writer available for proofreading/editing finished stories. I commit to taking on only one story at a time.
I have 30+ years professional writing experience in the technical genre.

I will not write/rewrite your "ideas for a story" or "incomplete stories".
I've edited several stories on Literotica in the past.
MS word is my preferred format but will use other readily-available tools.

I prefer editing stories (not novels) so I'd say the maximum word count of 9,000 words works for me.
I won't edit stories of the following categories: Celebrities, Chain stories, Erotic horror, Non-Erotic, Non-Human, Novels, and Sci-Fi

Typically, my style is to read the story completely to gather my initial thoughts before going through it line by line.
However, before sending it to me, I ask you to take the time to thoroughly read your story.

Hope to hear from you.

Novel size is starting from 70,000 words according to most sources, though some published "novels" start from 50,000.

Novel size is starting from 70,000 words according to most sources, though some published "novels" start from 50,000.
I think that's what I was trying to indicate when I mentioned that I wanted to edit stories, not novels.
Thanks for the reply.

I guess that they would be stories bigger than 9k words ... or maybe we could call them "bigger stories".
I'm basing that on an assumed word count of about 3500 words per Literotica story page (give or take). So given that, I'm saying that I'd like stories that are in the neighborhood of about 3 Literotica pages. If somebody came in at 10k words (or even 12k words), I don't image that would be an issue for me. However if somebody had a 30k story, that's a bit more than I'd care to take on.
Do you have a story that you need an editor on?

I won't touch copy with the following: rape, drugs, non-con, heavy BDSM, scat or piss, not keen on gay male, transgender, and non-human, but otherwise most else goes.

MS word is my preferred format but will use Open Office/Libre Office. Have also used Google Docs, but edit offline, not live.

PM me your requirements with detail of the category and word count and I will see what I can do.

I usually reply to PM's (Conversations) within 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences)

Todger65
Hi T65!
I just wrote a mail to u!:)

I guess that they would be stories bigger than 9k words ... or maybe we could call them "bigger stories".
I'm basing that on an assumed word count of about 3500 words per Literotica story page (give or take). So given that, I'm saying that I'd like stories that are in the neighborhood of about 3 Literotica pages. If somebody came in at 10k words (or even 12k words), I don't image that would be an issue for me. However if somebody had a 30k story, that's a bit more than I'd care to take on.
Do you have a story that you need an editor on?

Available to edit here. I have 7 published stories/novels on Lit and one has over 25k views. Happy to help with your editing.

I have been writing for Literotica since January 2023. In that time, I have written nine stories, including five chapters of the Heather series. Here is a link to my stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=6283445&page=submissions

My problems began when I tried to write a 750-word story for the writer’s challenge. It was rejected due to AI accusations. Since the contest deadline passed, I gave up on that story and submitted chapter six of my Heather series. It was also rejected due to AI issues. I reached out to Laurel and did not receive a response. I am using a proofreader, and unfortunately, he was also not able to help.

Is there someone willing to look at Chapter 6 of my Heather series and tell me what I am doing wrong? I use a spell and grammar checker, but I do not use it for anything other than that.

Any advice from this forum would be greatly appreciated.

New volunteer, here. I've published one story here, and have enjoyed many others.

I've also found myself derailed, as a reader, when I find myself having to parse out "what's going on here." For example:
  • Who said that? (during conversations)
  • Who did that? (during group scenes)
  • When is this happening? (past? present?)
  • How many hands do they have?
  • Whose lying on there but?
When I have to stop reading the story, because I'm struggling to find answers to these questions, well sometimes I just stop and move on to the next story. Which means of course that I miss out on that story.

If you're uncertain about being able to keep these things clear, while you're telling a story, drop me a line. No judgement. Only help.

If you're uncertain about whether I can help, well ...

For what it's worth, B.A. in Liberal Arts (which means, reading a lot o' stuff), way back when. Non-fiction articles here and there. Editors seem to like me: I make their job easy. Oh, and take a glance at the comments on that story of mine. (Profile, Stories/Poems)

Back