Amazon Ebook Copyright Complaints & How To Fight Stolen Ebooks

I've already sent an Infringement notice for my story (his title: My Brother's Hot Wife), but someone please check all of his other listings... some of the descriptions sound very familiar, like some of Harddaysknight's or Just Plain Bob's stories. Can't remember...
That "someone" is you. Nobody else is going to check anything.

That "someone" is you. Nobody else is going to check anything.

I would like to think that other Lit authors might like to be aware of the problem.
Also I, for one, certainly can't look at a story description and tell at a glance who the real author is.

I've already reported my story... that leaves about twenty more on his Amazon page that certainly belong to someone else.

I would like to think that other Lit authors might like to be aware of the problem.
Also I, for one, certainly can't look at a story description and tell at a glance who the real author is.

I've already reported my story... that leaves about twenty more on his Amazon page that certainly belong to someone else.
Sorry, I misread your post - I didn't register that other writers content was also there. I read it that you were expecting the site to do something about your story list, not somebody else's :).

I don't think he's asking for other people to check for *his* stories. I think he's saying there are other stories belonging to other authors.
We crossed in the post - I see that now :).

Scary, innit, exactly the same time stamp? Does this mean we're... the same?

We crossed in the post - I see that now :).

Scary, innit, exactly the same time stamp? Does this mean we're... the same?

Well, if you and I are the same, then we're both also "my name is ben" because he and I posted in one of the word game threads, at the exact time, three or four entries in a row. That got spooky, once I realized why he kept stealing my words!

I had a nice email today from someone warning me that one of my Stultus stories was being sold on eBay. Yep! Oddly, he/she/it picked probably one of my 5 worst stories to resell :?

Thief's Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/Simon-Gerrard/e/B07VQSRL4F/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

I've already sent an Infringement notice for my story (his title: My Brother's Hot Wife), but someone please check all of his other listings... some of the descriptions sound very familiar, like some of Harddaysknight's or Just Plain Bob's stories. Can't remember...

I had one of my stories stolen and published on Amazon. But contacting Amazon did not help at all. They didn't trust me being the author.

But, this works: Press the link "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" below the book description, add the link to the original and the price (0), and it's gone in a few hours :D

Another case

A sweet angel tipped me off that my main series had been put up for sale on Amazon. I'm contesting, but we'll see what that gets me. It's particularly frustrating, because I've been trying to set up a seller's account there for a good while now.

In any case, here is the author's listing. Go take a look and see if your stuff has been stolen, too.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-...&text=Jessie+Morgan&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1

Check Rose Belle as well

A sweet angel tipped me off that my main series had been put up for sale on Amazon. I'm contesting, but we'll see what that gets me. It's particularly frustrating, because I've been trying to set up a seller's account there for a good while now.

In any case, here is the author's listing. Go take a look and see if your stuff has been stolen, too.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-...&text=Jessie+Morgan&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1

It seems that "Rose Belle" is also stealing and publishing stories, both on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VBHV4SR/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0) and Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15188295.Rose_Belle).

I've just filed a complaints saying that the original of "Lessons in love" is mine and posted here:
https://www.literotica.com/s/lessons-in-love-ch-01-2

According to Goodreads one of them has already been removed from Amazon, but there are several more books from that author - probably all stolen.

According to Goodreads one of them has already been removed from Amazon, but there are several more books from that author - probably all stolen.
You look at the other titles allegedly by the same author (as listed in Goodreads) one can't help but think that the "author" is a harvesting bot, and there's nothing actually being sold at all. The range of subject matter is all over the place, and the print copy prices being "offered" are loss makers from the get-go, I'd have thought. It all looks dodgy as, but I'd be amazed if anybody's actually buying anything.

On a positive note

I lurk this particular thread to find authors I want to read and favorite them to follow up on later. I know nothing about the problems described here but I support you guys for your wonderful works.

I also now only buy stories if I can confirm they are original, sadly that is not always easy.

Emmeran

I had one of my stories stolen and published on Amazon. But contacting Amazon did not help at all. They didn't trust me being the author.

But, this works: Press the link "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" below the book description, add the link to the original and the price (0), and it's gone in a few hours :D

Another one is to report them for violating Terms of Service. If they have their ebooks in Kindle Unlimited, the stories have to be exclusive to Amazon. If the original story is up on Literotica, you can link to that. Amazon is also pretty quick to take down stories that violate KU.

I tried this with no success.

Tried the form and they wouldn't recognize my authorship.

What eventually DID work was emailing the customer service, being quite rude, threatening with a lawyer, writing on my Literotica profile that I have nothing to do with this specific author selling my story on Amazon. Amazon said they could not compare my story with the one they were selling (for what reason, I do not know) but asked me to provide excerpts that showed where and how my copyright was being violated. Easy enough since the texts were identical. The three first paragraphed of each sufficed. Amazon has agreed to take the story down. I doubt the thief made any money.

I tried this with no success.

Tried the form and they wouldn't recognize my authorship.

What eventually DID work was emailing the customer service, being quite rude, threatening with a lawyer, writing on my Literotica profile that I have nothing to do with this specific author selling my story on Amazon. Amazon said they could not compare my story with the one they were selling (for what reason, I do not know) but asked me to provide excerpts that showed where and how my copyright was being violated. Easy enough since the texts were identical. The three first paragraphed of each sufficed. Amazon has agreed to take the story down. I doubt the thief made any money.

No, you're right. That link only worked the first time so I thought it was waterproof. The second time around, there was no effect at all. Even after several others had pressed the same link.

And I got the same response as you did that they wouldn't recognize my authorship, so thanks for the advice on emailing them. I'll give that a try if it happens again.

Also, at the bottom of the page I found that you can send them feedback on "poor quality", "inappropiate content", etc on that particular book. I tried that on my last stolen book since I knew that it hadn't been edited and that it was unfinished when they took it.

I have no idea which of the many approaches that eventually worked, but the book was removed a few days after flooding their Customer service with complaints.

'Pierce Smith' has nicked MA Church (nomoretears)''s Tahnarian Christmas. Saw on the site beginning with T. Limited web access here so can't see if there are any more.

Plagiarist Amara Boone

Someone calling herself "Amara Boone" has put parts of at least three separate stories, by three separate authors, up on Amazon: Amara Boone Page. The stories there are either Lesbian Sex or Gay Male. The three I saw--Carey Thomas discovered one of her stories there--were in Lesbian Sex but I assume many if not most of them and the Gay Male ones are ripped off.

People have commented to Amazon and Lit is aware. The stories went up in mid-2019.

Check Zara Rivas too

Someone calling herself "Amara Boone" has put parts of at least three separate stories, by three separate authors, up on Amazon: Amara Boone Page. The stories there are either Lesbian Sex or Gay Male. The three I saw--Carey Thomas discovered one of her stories there--were in Lesbian Sex but I assume many if not most of them and the Gay Male ones are ripped off.

People have commented to Amazon and Lit is aware. The stories went up in mid-2019.

"Zara Rivas" is also plagarizing stories from Lit. I just found 4 of mine among them. Sigh....:eek:

They have been there since 2018. It seems to be a mistake to only search for Titles. I found them quite easily when searching for the first sentence.

Anyway, she has 50 books up there - probably all stolen, so it might be worthwhile to check.

"Zara Rivas" is also plagarizing stories from Lit. I just found 4 of mine among them. Sigh....:eek:

They have been there since 2018. It seems to be a mistake to only search for Titles. I found them quite easily when searching for the first sentence.

Anyway, she has 50 books up there - probably all stolen, so it might be worthwhile to check.

One had the original title--and a comment that it seemed incomplete--and the other two didn't. But it's easy enough to read the first paragraphs.

A couple of my other stories turned up as well -- one on a Latvian site with Cyrillic text that I couldn't read to save my life. So despite Google finding it I have no idea where it actually is or what it looks like.

Naughty Latvians who write in Cyrillic. (Latvian uses Latin alphabet as rest of western world). Most probably, that was a Russian site with Latvian TLD .lv. Just a wild guess.
Anyway - for authors who believe that their work landed on a server hosted in Latvia, besides trying to reach the website's owner, hosting company, or ISP, you can contact Copyright Agency in Latvia - AKKA/LAA via email info@akka-laa.lv.

I discovered I had a story stolen and sold on Amazon a few days ago

After a busy weekend I came home late on Sunday, and something told me I should Google my latest story "Mom's Girlfriend is my Slut". An Amazon link appeared and after some struggling I found that someone was selling it on Amazon since about two weeks. I have had stories stolen before but never for Amazon. I Tried to do my research and submitted a copyright complaint. Gave the link to my story and wrote a message where I offered more proof and gave all the information I could find.

Lucky enough it worked and Amazon removed the story from Amazon on Monday. I do not remember the name of the publisher other than the first name being two initials and the last name being either Kyra or Kyga. Either way I think they might have been removed too because I was not able to find them.

Also talked to their chat support asking what happens to the revenue the story had created, and they told me that Amazon will keep that money. Probably not a lot, but it still feels weird that people make money on my intellectual property and refuse to share with me.

Still glad it has been resolved, but I will try to make searches regarding my stories a few times per year now, to make sure to catch if this happens again.

I had a nice email today from someone warning me that one of my Stultus stories was being sold on eBay. Yep! Oddly, he/she/it picked probably one of my 5 worst stories to resell :?

Thief's Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/Simon-Gerrard/e/B07VQSRL4F/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Went to the link... no stories are listed.

Yep, my recent new release was pirated within 4 days. I don't know whether to be grateful cause it was so irresistible or order a flogging for the crook. Interestingly, the site's idea of copyright removal suggests contacting the mods for faster removal. My question is...what happens when it's a mod that stole it? :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm new here.

I'm working on an erotica series for eventual self-publication. I was thinking about posting rough versions of the stories here for feedback before editing them and selling them on Amazon, but it seems like theft is a major concern around here. Am I better off not using this site for feedback and just publishing direct to Amazon?

Back