Warning to Authors

Gamblnluck

Really Really Experienced
I was alerted that someone has stolen one of my stories. It was "Cuckold's Anonymous".

I was not even given credit for being the author, not in the body of the audio anyway. A few sentences and words were changed but 99.9% of my story is intact. My only acknowledgement was; Taken as a motif and based on:Cuckolds Anonymous © Gamblnluck. This was written at the end the description.

This guy is copying stories changing a few words and using a really poor AI voice to make his audio files so he can make money.

I might not be so angry if he'd 1. asked permission first 2. Given me full credit in the body of the audio, like a book on tape does. and 3. not done such a crappy job of the whole thing.

Some of you might want to take a look to see if your content or that of author's you know has been also stolen. I have not looked through any of his other stories and will be out of the country (no internet) for the next few weeks.
This is the link to the file using my story:
If that does not work try:Cheating Wife Stories, I Took Revenge On Both My Boss And My Wife, Reddit Stories, Audio Stories

Started a quick look at stories 'Glimmer' by Pastmaster, one story by Ohio, CONSEQUENCES – APRIL © thecelt (copying and pasting instead of making notes) © Skippy47, The Mouse Trap © By Spyauth

These are all Lit authors....

Started a quick look at stories 'Glimmer' by Pastmaster, one story by Ohio, CONSEQUENCES – APRIL © thecelt (copying and pasting instead of making notes) © Skippy47, The Mouse Trap © By Spyauth

These are all Lit authors....
God this is such a fear of mine...

Any author that finds one of their stories needs to file a report. This is not a small channel. Highest view count on a single video is 196k, the channel growing in popularity with tens of thousands of subs.

Given the free nature of Literotica, this is probably an unavoidable consequence of having a popular story here. My suggestion would be to inform YouTube with the date of publication of your story and enough of the text to prove you wrote the story. They may take it down. I wouldn't bother with a copyright claim. Probably the best you could hope for is for the guy to agree to remove your story from his channel and it might cost you a ton of money to get him to do that. Yes, you could get a decision that the guy would pay your legal expenses, but there's no guarantee he'll pay them.

I wouldn't bother with a copyright claim. Probably the best you could hope for is for the guy to agree to remove your story from his channel and it might cost you a ton of money to get him to do that. Yes, you could get a decision that the guy would pay your legal expenses, but there's no guarantee he'll pay them.
A copyright claim on Youtube is not a legal process. You don't take them to court, you copystrike them so the video gets pulled down. If they get enough copystrikes, the channel is shutdown (which realistically means they create a new account and start over).

A copyright claim on Youtube is not a legal process. You don't take them to court, you copystrike them so the video gets pulled down. If they get enough copystrikes, the channel is shutdown (which realistically means they create a new account and start over).
That's why I suggested reporting it to YouTube rather than a formal copyright claim in a court. It's more likely to result in getting the story removed, although as you say, even if the channel is shut down, it will probably only be started up again with a different account.

It's amazing to me that people with the time and intelligence to post blatantly copied content on YouTube don't put their talents to better use. It's hard for me to believe that anyone could take pride in copying someone else's work.

It's not just YouTube, these audio stories are popping up with some frequency on sites like XVideos and XHamster. I clicked on one and it wsn't even good. It was like someone was just reading the story aloud. Very deadpan.

It's not just YouTube, these audio stories are popping up with some frequency on sites like XVideos and XHamster. I clicked on one and it wsn't even good. It was like someone was just reading the story aloud. Very deadpan.
They're quick cash grabs. With AI you don't even have to narrate the story yourself anymore. You steal someone else's writing, plug it into an AI narration program and upload it around the internet. People do the same things with wikia fandom articles, no sleep stories from reddit, etc.

At least it resets their subscriber base and costs them time and effort.

I was alerted that someone has stolen one of my stories. It was "Cuckold's Anonymous".

I was not even given credit for being the author, not in the body of the audio anyway. A few sentences and words were changed but 99.9% of my story is intact. My only acknowledgement was; Taken as a motif and based on:Cuckolds Anonymous © Gamblnluck. This was written at the end the description.

This guy is copying stories changing a few words and using a really poor AI voice to make his audio files so he can make money.

I might not be so angry if he'd 1. asked permission first 2. Given me full credit in the body of the audio, like a book on tape does. and 3. not done such a crappy job of the whole thing.

Some of you might want to take a look to see if your content or that of author's you know has been also stolen. I have not looked through any of his other stories and will be out of the country (no internet) for the next few weeks.
This is the link to the file using my story:
If that does not work try:Cheating Wife Stories, I Took Revenge On Both My Boss And My Wife, Reddit Stories, Audio Stories
I mean, you could report the guy, provide proof that it is your story they are using without your permission and probably have them banned from YT for it. Then again, they would just start another fake channel and keep doing it anyway.

There is a rampant copy-paste mafia plaguing YT for some time now that content creators have been complaining about for years and YT has done nothing so far.

In the United States, you don't have a copyright unless you formally filed for and got one from the U.S. Copyright office. Any other assertion of copyright ownership is bluff. Nice if it works, but bluff.

In the United States, you don't have a copyright unless you formally filed for and got one from the U.S. Copyright office. Any other assertion of copyright ownership is bluff. Nice if it works, but bluff.
Not correct. You cannot file a copyright infringement lawsuit without registering, but you have the copyright automatically.

Not correct. You cannot file a copyright infringement lawsuit without registering, but you have the copyright automatically.
If you can't go to court, which you can't in the United States unless you hold a formally acquired copyright, you are just bluffing. There are no teeth in not holding a formal copyright in the United States. (This was done on purpose to keep the courts from being swamped with lawsuits).

As I said, it's obtain a formal copyright in the United States, or you are operating on bluff. Nice if the bluff works, though.

Yours is a "feel good" misconception that was established when the United States signed the Berne Convention (a hundred years late) but then took the teeth out of the "copyright upon creation" automatically concept. The United States is good with you having that "feel good" misconception and finding out that it is a misconception only when you try to take your case to court, the only place you could get actual redress short of a bluff working.

I'm really tired of this coming up again and again and again at Literotica. When you post a story at Literotica without holding a formal copyright, you are making it susceptible to being swiped and reposted away from Literotica. And even if you held a formal copyright and took it to court, you valued your story at zero dollars because you posted it for free access on Literotica. Save yourself grief and post at Literotica with the view that you are good with making your stories accessible for free.

It does look like they are exclusively using stories with a cheating wife in them, so unless you’ve written one of those, they aren’t stealing your stories.

That says nothing about what can get you to court, the only recourse that has teeth to it--the only threat that would effectively stop someone from using your material short of bluff. In the United States you can only get a court date by producing a formal U.S. copyright on the material. Everything else is bluff.

Wake up, gang. Don't fool yourself on this. Continue to use bluff if you want to spend time on this, but don't bluff yourself. Again, it's really tiresome to go over this again and again, year by year. Just by posting a story here on a free-use, fully accessible site, you have valued it at zero dollars.

I believe that the only reasonable thing we can do is to direct our grievances towards the publishing website. I've heard that Amazon takes down such works, although I am unsure if it is due to the copyright, due to the fact that the story is published elsewhere for free, or some different reason altogether. It would be useful to know the policy of Youtube in these situations, as well.
Anything beyond this is quite unrealistic in my opinion. Claiming damages for something you published for free seems silly, at the very least.

I know a bunch of people here reported other channels for this and it goes nowhere.

It sucks, but end of the day, if we don't want this to happen the only real answer is to not post on free sites.

Back