A question for the Lit Goddesses

O

Okletsgo

Did any of you notice a spike in your libido in you mid/late thirties and if so what was your experience?
Did it stay elevated or move back to 'normal' over time.

I'm not complaining by any means but I'm interested in what I'm in for I guess?
I've quizzed my friends who are similar age or older and I know it's not just me.
I guess if you've been there done that you might have some wisdom or humorous tales to share?

(Men -maybe you noticed this with a partner? Were you concerned/confused?)

Thanks team

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 36 and have grown in my sexuality since age 21 till now. pretty much a nymphomaniac all through.

I guess everyone's normal is different.
But it's not as though I wasn't all for it before :)
This is an increase in desire and need.

I wouldn't say my sex drive increased at all, but I definitely found myself open to more things in my mid thirties.

I am over 40. My sex drive has always been high but I have noticed a remarkable increase in it over the past couple of years. I have become open to more things as well....
I hope things don't change for me.;)

40's it has really went through the roof. Increasing still. Sex is fun, exciting, and I want more and more.

Due to a combination of a very conservative upbringing and poor choice in partners I didnt become sexually "aware" nor adventurous until quite late. I would definitely say since overcoming these issues that my sex drive is very healthy and gets better as I age! ;):devil:

Well I guess so. I was 29 when I met my husband.
I rocked his socks and then some.
But then, its generaly the way when you start up a new relationship and all emotions are raw and new, and your discovering each other.
So I don't know if I helped you or not.

But then, your body may be saying, 'Hay, times running out, its time to copulate and bring forth a new set of genes to replace you when you've perished from this place'. And also to ensure we have someone to take care of us in our old age.

I was 33 when I had my children.

Then there are those set times during your monthly cycle where you will feel a little more sexy than others.

A study has been done that shows that in many cases, before some women conceives, she is highly sexed, and in some cases will stray, to ensure she has made a strong gene pool. Cant remember the study, it was done some time ago, and its not my main area of work.

Yes our primitive urges are still silently ticking in the background.

I definitely felt a huge increase in my libido at 40.
Extremely suddenly, overnight almost.
I was totally distracted and couldn't get enough of my husband.
It took a little adjusting but we're both still loving the changes.
What a fun surprise.

I definitely felt a huge increase in my libido at 40.
Extremely suddenly, overnight almost.
I was totally distracted and couldn't get enough of my husband.
It took a little adjusting but we're both still loving the changes.
What a fun surprise.
Yes In my 40s I was a bit like that too.

I think being in your 30's is simply an era of self-awareness, and less about hormones. But, in my forties, yes, there was definitely an increase in libido due to hormonal increases. By 50, it became insanity and bordered on being out of control, so much so, that it leaves doctors scratching their heads. (I throw false positive pregnancy test results and even experience all the classic symptoms of a pregnant woman.) For some women, it does go away...completely, unfortunately...no matter how sexually active you have been all your life. For myself, it has diminished some, but I think it is dependent on circumstances and factors much like it was in my 20's again.

Here's how I understand it has been for my woman these 39 years of our marriage:

She's had a great sense of pleasure in things sensual all the years I've known her [met when we were 21]. Through the years of having young children and us both working [our late 20's and 30's] I'd say that she could have thrived without frequent intercourse, although she still gave it me. What she needed from me was loving and back-up. All through this time she would still want occasional really heated sex sessions and we both loved taking those opportunities.

But I'd say from when she turned 46 a whole new desire was unleashed in her. Her orgasmic bliss became spectacular for both of us, and we like to go for that, often. I'm aware that she perceives me as her lover; she likes to caress and fondle me at inconvenient moments as well as all the lovely times when we can be close physically for consolation, pleasure, and arousal-build for later.

Our story includes a two year serious dip as a consequence of depression but that's an aside to the thread question here.

Now in early 60's there is no sign at all of a let-up in her, and I'm totally loving it, having learned a thing or two about how to maintain my availability to her. Hence a couple of the threads I host!

It's been a delight to answer. Thanks for inviting the men in here. Simon.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the 40 is better idea. I had a hyster including ovaries at 43 and with replacement therapy that evened hormone levels I was off to the races. Without the ups and downs of menopause, I was happily horny on a regular basis.

Thank you all
Appreciate the experience and perspectives (including the male)
:)

noticable spike when I turned 40. Hoping the horror stories I hear about menopause aren't true, but only time will tell.
Good luck:)

Last edited:
noticable spike when I turned 40. Hoping the horror stories about hear about menopause aren't true, but icky tube will tell.
Good luck:)
Hi there RubenesqueAphrodite, I don't know how old you are, but when I went through the chance of life I only ever had 1 hot fush, the rest of the time was a more of a mental flush, and I worked my way through it in a very different sexual way, than is my normal type of sex. I didn't cheat, it just was very different. I also paint and I expressed changes through my artwork.
So my approach to it differs to other normal accounts.

That said, at 55, my libido is zipping along brilliantly, more so than before :devil:

For me, there was a noticeable increase in desire around 35. About the same time as our intimacy dwindled. Five years later, it still seems to be on the incline.

I was always very sexual. But some days now are insane. And with nowhere to put it except into my writing... well ;) The writing is good! lmao:rose:

Well Miss Johns I'm sorry you have no where to relieve that tension. I hope you get some relief soon :D I offer my services when ever you need :kiss::rose:

When I was younger, I had several encounters with women in the 36 to late 40s bracket. Every one of them was amazing.

After being on lit for some years now, It seems that a lot of women in their 50s and above still have strong libidos. The numbers of those in the real world should be proportional.

Hi there RubenesqueAphrodite, I don't know how old you are, but when I went through the chance of life I only ever had 1 hot fush, the rest of the time was a more of a mental flush, and I worked my way through it in a very different sexual way, than is my normal type of sex. I didn't cheat, it just was very different. I also paint and I expressed changes through my artwork.
So my approach to it differs to other normal accounts.

That said, at 55, my libido is zipping along brilliantly, more so than before :devil:
Holy fucking hell...how many typos was that..geesh. Ok, I fixed my post.
Damn.
Alright, I'll be 44 next month. I don't want it all the time, like climbing the walls or anything, but, I'm certainly more amenable to making it happen if the right partner is present.

My libido went through the roof right before I turned 40. Then after a few months it just died. It's back now stronger than ever.

admittedly its an small sample size but the few women I know who are around that age and have confided in me it seems that there is a definite increase in libido around that age...

admittedly its an small sample size but the few women I know who are around that age and have confided in me it seems that there is a definite increase in libido around that age...
Yes similar story with my friends around my age.
A marked increase in desire - but I too was aware it's a small group.
Lol maybe they're all just horn bags :)

Seriously finding this helpful though

Back