๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿง๐ŸŽ€ Ladies of Lit 24/7 Slumber Party๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿง๐ŸŽ‰

Both! Oh please, both โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

I love eclairs with savory sandwich filling (kinda like a croissant sandwich.. I think, I have never tasted a croissant.. ๐Ÿ™ˆ)
I love yummy, light and soft cakes, with fresh and fruity berries.
Just.. gosh.. as long as it is not gooey, heavy, gritty..

Gluten-free, it can honestly be a hassle.

If anyone got a recipe on a fool proof cake, bread or anything.. I would love to try it โค๏ธ๐Ÿ€
So this is not my recipe for black bean chocolate cupcakes, but it looks similar and very tasty! I will try to find mine or make these this weekend to give a review. If it's good, I will post my tweaked version in the new recipe thread :)
https://www.norbertskitchen.com/black-bean-chocolate-cupcakes/
View attachment 2204992

Nope... I have never had a croissant.. or many other of that kind of pastries.. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

I am honestly curious though!! My kids love them ๐Ÿฅฐ
- but... Gluten.. it is an important protein in the flour, when making croissants ๐Ÿ˜†
There must be a way to make a gluten free croissant with all the alternative flours available now.
The thing that makes a croissant light and delicious is the butter between the layers of the pastry... lamination is what it's called.

I understand how important it is to be able to eat Gluten Free due to medical conditions (or just preference)
There is a new recipe thread that I am helping with here and one of the things I plan to do is to indicate which recipes are gluten free.

I suspect there are some gluten free options.
I have searched... But.. no, I have not been able to find any.
One day, I would love to try one.. But.. Until then, I enjoy serving then for others ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Those gluten free substitutes I have seen/tried are all.. just so heavy and more like a solid bun/bread.
Without gluten, it is hard to get that right texture.

But!!! I can bake "vandbakkelser" they are a bit like eclairs.. so, it is not horrible ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Nope... I have never had a croissant.. or many other of that kind of pastries.. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

I am honestly curious though!! My kids love them ๐Ÿฅฐ
- but... Gluten.. it is an important protein in the flour, when making croissants ๐Ÿ˜†
I think Iโ€™m spoiled by the number of grocery stores near me that carry almost everything for the common dietary restrictionsโ€ฆ including gluten free croissants.

Iโ€™m feeling confident this is your year to try a croissant! โค๏ธ

I have searched... But.. no, I have not been able to find any.
One day, I would love to try one.. But.. Until then, I enjoy serving then for others ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Those gluten free substitutes I have seen/tried are all.. just so heavy and more like a solid bun/bread.
Without gluten, it is hard to get that right texture.

But!!! I can bake "vandbakkelser" they are a bit like eclairs.. so, it is not horrible ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ
This place is yummy and ships.
https://www.mariposabaking.com/products/butter-croissants-4pk

Carbs donโ€™t like me and I pay for them, but every once in awhile a croissant is worth the discomfort

I think, that I might be lucky.. if I do not over indulge.. carbs does not affect me.. But.. It is all about that pesky balance! โš–๏ธ

So this is not my recipe for black bean chocolate cupcakes, but it looks similar and very tasty! I will try to find mine or make these this weekend to give a review. If it's good, I will post my tweaked version in the new recipe thread :)
https://www.norbertskitchen.com/black-bean-chocolate-cupcakes/
View attachment 2204992

Ooooohhh wow!!!! They look yummy!!!

There must be a way to make a gluten free croissant with all the alternative flours available now.
The thing that makes a croissant light and delicious is the butter between the layers of the pastry... lamination is what it's called.

I understand how important it is to be able to eat Gluten Free due to medical conditions (or just preference)
There is a new recipe thread that I am helping with here and one of the things I plan to do is to indicate which recipes are gluten free.

I am celiac, and have just gotten used to it.. I mean, no reason to cry over spilled milk โ˜บ๏ธ
If it is not an option... I will try my best not to focus on it, but focus on all the other available options.

Yet.. as a family that speaks French half of the time.. a croissant would be marvellous!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I am even able to bake them with regular flour ๐Ÿ˜Š because... Well... They just smell so good!!! ๐Ÿคฉ

I think Iโ€™m spoiled by the number of grocery stores near me that carry almost everything for the common dietary restrictionsโ€ฆ including gluten free croissants.

Iโ€™m feeling confident this is your year to try a croissant! โค๏ธ

.... So... What you are saying is: Husband and I should make '23 the year we did our roadtrip in the States ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Yes it is a lamination. The gluten free is tricky. When I make pastries with a croissant dough, I actually use a bread flour that has a high protein content which develops stronger gluten.

This weekend I made pain aux raisins with a croissant dough. The laminated dough is rolled out thin, then slathered with pastry cream and soaked raisins are sprinkled on top. It is all rolled up like a cinnamon roll.

This picture is a close up of one of them. If you look close, you can see the lamination. It is a separation of the dough and butter layers.
Exactly, and the thing with gf flour, there is no elasticity in it, you cannot kneed or roll the dough.

Making lamination literally impossible, as well as the rising of the dough.. it does not rise as well, the crust does not get the same light crispy feeling.
- and yes, I to prefer to bake that kind of pastries with high protein flour โค๏ธ

Tes pains aux raisins ont l'air super dรฉlicieux ! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅฐ

If you are a bread baker, I would love to discuss with you. I bake a lot of bread and would love to discuss.
It has been a little while since I baked.

But... I truly do love it!! And miiiiiiiight have a slightly perfectionistic strike ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…

I would love to talk more.. when I start to bake again ๐Ÿฅฐ

If you are a bread baker, I would love to discuss with you. I bake a lot of bread and would love to discuss.
I need baking tips if you dont mind.
I do a no knead bread a lot (flour, yeast, water mixed together and just left there overnight to rise). Then baked in a hot dutch oven.

It comes out tasting great when its hot. Super crispy on the outside and soft inside but loses the outside crunch pretty fast even though I let it cool on a cookie rack. I tried cutting it right away and not cooking it and its the same. Is there anyway to keep the crisp on the outside without doing a lot more work? The bread also doesnt look super nice. It would be nice if its rounder and not so flat but oh well.

• Love
Reactions: Cat
I do not use a mixer. All by hand. I like it better that way so I can feel the dough evolve. I try to do as much as I can by hand. I gave away my mixer years ago. It was heavy and clunky and I hated lugging it out.
๐Ÿ˜ This is why i havent bought a mixer. I dont have the counter space and i dont want to lug it in and out.

Your bread looks amazing.

That looks yummy. What type of herb is inside? Iโ€™ve never tried that.

Donโ€™t cut it right away. The crumb needs to get rid of steam naturally. It is a matter of taste, but if you want it crispier, you can bake the outside longer. The crust will be crispier and it will caramelize a bit more and enhance your flavor. Also, if you wait to cut, you can pop it inside the oven for a few minutes to crisp it up just before cutting.
Thank you!
It is rosemary. We have a big bush outside so i put some in my bread if im feeling fancy. ๐Ÿคฃ

It looks very fancy.
Its actually the most lazy way to make bread.

Im so impressed you do your own croissants. I watched a few recipes on youtube for croissants and never attempted it because it seemed like so much work, and i never have the freezer space.

Do you live in the States? Trader Joes has pretty good frozen croissants you let rise overnight and bake at home.

Back