Homemade toys...

Kailey_86

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Posts
660
i looked in the library for a thread on this and couldn't find what i was looking for. i am going to google it too but i want to know what has worked for you.

What are some toys i can make at home? (floggers, handcuffs, etc, etc)
How can i make them?
What works best?
What is cheapest?
What are some things (besides rope) that can be used that don't need "building" or "tweaking"?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.
 
There are some great threads around here somewhere and if memory serves me well some even have links to sites which provide step by step designs for making toys and furniture. Haven't got time right now, but will see later if I can find some of them for you.

Catalina :catroar:
 
I love this thread and all of the suggestions - if time permits (work load is heavy right now and I still want a social life, LOL) I am planning to make two of those rope floggers (matching) this weekend - already have the rope and the dye :D.

myinnerslut, would love to know how your Dom likes them!

P.S., SweetErika. thanks for all of those great links!
 
neonflux said:
myinnerslut, would love to know how your Dom likes them!

[slight hijack] thanks, ill be sure to let you know. im going to see him this weekend for a day or two (!!!!!) and we are both eager to see how the flogger stands up. in the little testing i have done on my own by striking it against an arm or leg, it seems to deliver a heavy thud, rather then a sharp sting (i made mine the fine one, not th coarse one). since i have several sting-y ones already, i think this will make a great addition to my rapidly growing toy collection. [/hijack]
 
I don't like to do this, but I have put together the instructions for some floggers, a spreader bar, and a few other homemade toys that we've made for us on my own website. I haven't updated it in forever so my links page is WAY out of date.

dixi's site
 
Among other things i have made the sling from Sartan's site. His directions are excellent. However, I did purchase some hasps from him and 1 of the sizes kept falling apart, but he did refund the cost of them promptly when informed.
 
dixicritter said:
I don't like to do this, but I have put together the instructions for some floggers, a spreader bar, and a few other homemade toys that we've made for us on my own website. I haven't updated it in forever so my links page is WAY out of date.

dixi's site
why didn't you want to post it? the toys are great! :)
 
The only thing I ever made was a few dildos out of wax.

Well, wax and a few condoms, and that's pretty... well, Its not exactly a process you can screw up too badly.
 
neonflux said:
why didn't you want to post it? the toys are great! :)

myinnerslut said:
agreed, i got some great ideas

I'm glad to help, just don't like to sound like I'm bragging. I just recently put the link back in my profile too...LOL. I guess I should update the site, because I've made a few more things since the last time I did an update. ;)

Glad y'all found it useful. :)
 
Ive made and adapted all kinds of things. Dont have time now but I will post them tonight. The rope flogger of various designs is a great hit (hehe).
 
myinnerslut said:
agreed, i got some great ideas

thanks kailey for starting this thread

It is my pleasure. i am so glad that this is helping so many other people as well. :)

Thanks to all for your suggestions and ideas. i will be having lots of fun making and using these toys. Sir was obviously happy to hear about this new "hobby" of mine. i will be going to see Him for the first time in a couple of weeks with a whole bag of goodies. i am so excited to start on them.
 
As a DIY type, I like the promise this thread holds. That being said, so far I've only made one thing. It's not hard to make, and the materials are pretty cheap. I'm not really sure what to call it (it’s not like I’m the first person to try this, I just don’t know what this thing is rightly called).

Materials: Three 4’ long wooden dowels from the hardware store. Generally, the smaller the diameter, the better. The ones I used were slightly smaller than a pencil.

Chord (shoelace will work well as long as you get the long types used for boots).

Sandpaper (can be skipped if the unlucky victim doesn’t mind splinters)

Tools: Small saw.

Assembly:

1. Cut the 4' wooden dowels into 16 in. lengths. Each 4’ dowel should supply three 16 in. sections. Cutting all the dowels into 16 in. sections results in nine 16 in. dowels.

2. Sand each dowel smooth and then wipe with a clean rag to remove any particulate wood.

3. Gather up the dowels and arrange them so the dowels at the business end have the tips aligned. Note that if you hold the stack of them tight in your hand, the dowels bunch up in a roughly cylindrical pattern. This is what we’re looking for.

4. This is the tough part and not easily explainable. Take the cord (or shoelace) and wrap it around the end you wish to use as a handle. Generally the more times you wrap the tighter that end becomes and the better the toy will stand up to the repeated swats against your partner’s rear end. When you get close to the end of the chord, tie the cord off in a square knot but leave enough of the ends to tie together in another square knot so you have a sort of wrist strap.

5. Find that sub/bottom/naughty girl/boy/next door neighbor and give them the good thrashing they deserve.

Notes: My description does admittedly leave a bit to the imagination. Sorry about this but sex toy manufacturing isn’t really my field of expertise. I’m sure some interprising folks out there can add their own touches and even find more efficient ways to put this together. Cutting the dowels longer, using more cord to bind the handle end, even using different wood or even material might lead to all sorts of interesting variations. Find what works for you.

This toy isn’t very intense but it sure is accurate. It also makes a really nice “wood-slap” sound. Perfect for slapping against your leg to get someone’s undivided attention.
 

Attachments

  • Slapper.jpg
    Slapper.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 310
I've made my own velcro cuffs before. I bought 5' of 2" wide sticky-backed velcro tape, four 2" D-rings, two screw-closing clasps and a double ended clip. Five feet makes four cuffs, and you have a little left over, for an average female body type.

It's not difficult to make them, if you take certain precautions. You basically measure and cut, place the D rings, and then peel the backs and stick them together. That said, there are some points to remember:

First, make sure you have a very sharp pair of scissors for cutting the velcro. I was stuck cutting it with a Swiss army knife blade, which wasn't very safe.

Second, the stuff i was using was VERY sticky, and EXTREMELY difficult to pull apart once it was stuck together. That's a good thing if you stick it together right, but if not, prepare for a tug-of-war match to get it apart again!

Third, DON'T try to make this without using D-rings that are at least equal to, or slightly larger than, the width of the velcro tape. I was stuck with smaller D-rings width wise than I needed, which meant that I needed to cut the velcro to get them to fit, and that ended up getting the ankle cuffs destroyed during a pleasure torture session.

Fourth, measure and cut the pieces before you peel and expose the sticky back. Once they're peeled, take extraordinary care aligning them so that they are exactly back to back.

Fifth... make sure you place the D rings in between the backs BEFORE you stick the backs together.

Sixth, the D rings should be placed so that the soft side of the velcro will be against the skin.

Took me about 30 minutes to make, mainly because I didn't have a decent cutting tool... took her 45 minutes to destroy the leg cuffs because I didn't have the right sized D-rings.
 
Last edited:
I've made all our canes and have some more waiting to be done. I found it very relaxing and therapeutic, especially sanding them and making sure the tip was perfectly rounded. Let me know if you want to know instructions....think I have posted them around here before but couldn't tell you where.

Catalina :catroar:
 

Attachments

  • Toys R Us.jpg
    Toys R Us.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 303
Instructions please - short on funds right now, but canes needed - yours were pretty! :)

catalina_francisco said:
I've made all our canes and have some more waiting to be done. I found it very relaxing and therapeutic, especially sanding them and making sure the tip was perfectly rounded. Let me know if you want to know instructions....think I have posted them around here before but couldn't tell you where.

Catalina :catroar:
 
Don't forget there are plenty of non-kinky things that can be added to the list of toys.

clothespins
small, soft paintbruses
feathers
Tiger Balm/Bengay
satin ribbons of various widths and lengths
specific shoes/clothing
toe rings
small amounts of dry rice or peas
candles (plain, white emergency type)
kitchen timer
soap/soapdish/spoon
 
CutieMouse said:
Don't forget there are plenty of non-kinky things that can be added to the list of toys.

clothespins
small, soft paintbruses
feathers
Tiger Balm/Bengay
satin ribbons of various widths and lengths
specific shoes/clothing
toe rings
small amounts of dry rice or peas
candles (plain, white emergency type)
kitchen timer
soap/soapdish/spoon

Tigerbalm.............:eek: Hell NO

have you actually tried that anywhere even near anywhere 'intimate' on yourself Cutey ?
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:
Tigerbalm.............:eek: Hell NO

have you actually tried that anywhere even near anywhere 'intimate' on yourself Cutey ?

*Cutie wipes tears from her eyes, as she tries to stop laughing*
 
CutieMouse said:
Don't forget there are plenty of non-kinky things that can be added to the list of toys.

clothespins
small, soft paintbruses
feathers
Tiger Balm/Bengay
satin ribbons of various widths and lengths
specific shoes/clothing
toe rings
small amounts of dry rice or peas
candles (plain, white emergency type)
kitchen timer
soap/soapdish/spoon
Can I ask a stupid question? What are the dry rice/peas and soap/soapdish/spoon for? I'm lacking the imagination right now to figure those two out.

I actually like a little icy hot or similar on my nipples. A minty toothpaste might be an acceptable substitute for those more sensitive areas. :)
 
SweetErika said:
Can I ask a stupid question? What are the dry rice/peas and soap/soapdish/spoon for? I'm lacking the imagination right now to figure those two out.

I actually like a little icy hot or similar on my nipples. A minty toothpaste might be an acceptable substitute for those more sensitive areas. :)
Minty Freaking Toothpaste .........:eek:

can we puhlease put some emphasis on the little

remember there are men out there going 'woot I have some of that maybe I could surprise my darling tonight'.........squeezes out half a tube.........oh Babeeeeeeeeee she was surprised alright
 
Back
Top