The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2018 Support Thread

Odd little scores on this one. One story almost looks like it’s being trolled, but the other doesn’t.

Maybe the story simply sucks. Who knows?

Odd little scores on this one. One story almost looks like it’s being trolled, but the other doesn’t.

Maybe the story simply sucks. Who knows?

You know if it's being trolled that the sweeps will probably clean it up.

You know if it's being trolled that the sweeps will probably clean it up.

Right. Mine was doing quite nicely until a silly billy who has been flooding the discussion boards quite blatantly zapped it and posted comments on that story and others in two of my accounts massively attacking me in general. There's the power of erasing comments, though, there will be the sweeps in the end, and the need to win is lessened when you've already won in the contests a couple of times.

Today I had 'Comment removed by administration' even before I saw it.

The usual explanation is offsite advertising but it might have been even more offensive than usual.

Anyone else had a similar message?

I had a spate of them a couple of weeks ago, although I'd seen them first--they were irrelevant "go to my Web site for a good time" adverts--and I'd deleted them before the "deleted by admin" notice went on them.

The eight that the now-banned-but-reappeared-under-a-couple-of-new-accounts TeflonGuy plastered on KeithD and sr71plt stories of mine, including my Nude Day contest piece, were of the far-reaching personal attack rant variety (including TeflonGuy's signature misspellings).

Today I had 'Comment removed by administration' even before I saw it.

The usual explanation is offsite advertising but it might have been even more offensive than usual.

Anyone else had a similar message?

Yes. I'm not in the comp but I've seen a fresh spate of spam pop up on my recent stories in the last 24hrs. Likely to be that.

Added my story. It's doing well. It dodges bullets for a little bit and then someone comes and nails it with a slug (What would Lit be without the trolls? More pleasant, probably) ... the slugs are pretty easy see. Sweeps are going to be fun, I think, and I'll stop checking my story's progress for the rest of the day and maybe all of tomorrow too.

On a side note, I'm sure glad my trolls don't know the other name I post under or the category. I wonder how many points I'd drop if I wrote the name for all in the AH to see?

Anyway, it's getting good views and I'm almost inspired to write another for the contest. I've never gotten in one this early, I have more than enough time.

Good luck everyone.

I know the feeling. I was hit hard from the start and slowly crawled my way back up. Today I got hit hard again, and have notice all my other works being slammed, so... I'm looking forward to sweeps as well. Good luck man.

This is the first contest i've entered and i'm enjoying reading many of the other entries. Peoples imaginations and the stories they can conjure up are amazing.
I've seen a lot of posts mentioning 'sweeps' and presume they are a way of weeding out silly votes. How does it actually work? What are the criteria?
I (like a lot of others, it would seem) started off with a lot of low votes before it evened out, just wondering how it works.

I've seen a lot of posts mentioning 'sweeps' and presume they are a way of weeding out silly votes. How does it actually work? What are the criteria?
I (like a lot of others, it would seem) started off with a lot of low votes before it evened out, just wondering how it works.

The mechanism for sweeps, which are intended to remove dubious votes such as multiple 1s and repeated 5s possibly from the same IP address, is deliberately kept as a Literotica secret.

If not, some people might try to game the sweep system to gain an advantage or to punish an author/story they don't like.

We don't know how sweeps work. That leads to some conspiracy theories like the management favour certain authors over others.

What is obvious is that if a story has a small number of votes the effect of a sweep on a rating can be significant. If a story has hundreds of votes, a sweep's impact is usually minimal, a decimal point or so.

The mechanism for sweeps, which are intended to remove dubious votes such as multiple 1s and repeated 5s possibly from the same IP address, is deliberately kept as a Literotica secret.

If not, some people might try to game the sweep system to gain an advantage or to punish an author/story they don't like.

We don't know how sweeps work. That leads to some conspiracy theories like the management favour certain authors over others.

What is obvious is that if a story has a small number of votes the effect of a sweep on a rating can be significant. If a story has hundreds of votes, a sweep's impact is usually minimal, a decimal point or so.

Thanks for the clarification

I have a story that's at about 85-90% complete.

I'm not sure about "category". It's set on a canoe trip. It features an interracial couple where the woman is trying to get the man to be nude outside more often. It has fairly vanilla sex (but always remember what a great flavour vanilla is), under the Northern Lights, and an unitentionally ruined orgasm (humour). Soiler alert: They get unexpected visitors. (Also humour).

Erotic Couplings?
Interracial?
Exhibitionist/ Voyeur?
Humour?
BDSM because of the ropes on the tent and food bag? :)

I'd appreciate any guidance.

So, any thoughts?

So, any thoughts?

Sounds like exhibitionism to me. But I have a question: what's the point of the couple being interracial? It sounds as though the main idea of the story concerns exhibitionism, so I wonder what purpose is served by the couple being interracial. If they are interracial and you don't make a big deal about that, then I don't see an issue. But I think there's something to be said for maintaining a clear erotic focus in a story and not muddling it with multiple erotic storylines.

Sounds like exhibitionism to me. But I have a question: what's the point of the couple being interracial? It sounds as though the main idea of the story concerns exhibitionism, so I wonder what purpose is served by the couple being interracial. If they are interracial and you don't make a big deal about that, then I don't see an issue. But I think there's something to be said for maintaining a clear erotic focus in a story and not muddling it with multiple erotic storylines.

She is based on a woman I know. I do see your point. I don't think it's a big issue the way I wrote it. Than you both for the guidance.

She is based on a woman I know. I do see your point. I don't think it's a big issue the way I wrote it. Than you both for the guidance.

That's a legit reason. If I were you I'd play up one erotic angle or the other but not both.

I *might* have a story to enter by the deadline. It's one I started a year or two ago, I honestly can't remember when, and wrote the main character two different ways. Now I'm looking at it and thinking I might be able to finish it. I've read through what I have, chose the version of the character, edited and now I'm going to let it percolate overnight.

So, any thoughts?

I have to admit my mind is doing backflips over your BDSM query. Tent ropes and a feed bag? Tell me more. The woman is a Domme I am assuming but the sex is vanilla? It sounds with what you said that there might be a strong case for humor and satire as the category with the other humour bits as well that you mentioned. But then I am taking it out of context because you have given little other detail. You gave me very comedic visuals with that BDSM comment, though.
"Ride 'em, Cowgirl"

I know you're a good writer, as I read your first story. Just go with your initial thoughts rather than second guess yourself. You know your story better than anyone.

Last edited:
I have to admit my mind is doing backflips over your BDSM query. Tent ropes and a feed bag? Tell me more. The woman is a Domme I am assuming but the sex is vanilla? It sounds with what you said that there might be a strong case for humor and satire as the category with the other humour bits as well that you mentioned. But then I am taking it out of context because you have given little other detail. You gave me very comedic visuals with that BDSM comment, though.
"Ride 'em, Cowgirl"

I know you're a good writer, as I read your first story. Just go with your initial thoughts rather than second guess yourself. You know your story better than anyone.

Well I was just going for a laugh with the comment about BDSM with the tent ropes and food bag ropes. But, camping gear presents lots of deliciously kinky ideas all of a sudden. On canoe trips I always carry two throw bags (15m and 25m) and a hundred feet of extra 10mm rope in addition to the 50 feet for the food bag. Then there's pegs and tarps and utility cord and lightweight clothes pegs that already look like nipple clamps. And yeah, PADDLES! I guess I need another story. Thanks for the plot bunny! (Sorry about mixing metric and Imperial measurements; that's the way I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not focusing on my rating, but this does get under my skin.

Twice I have had a 4.81 and twice it gets dropped to 4.79 in a couple of votes. (I've got 800 votes, and for it to happen within two/three votes? Hmm.) If someone is going to be this obvious, leave a name, it's not a coincidence.

That's my last complaint about it ... there's 18 days left in this contest and I'm letting it go right .... now! :) Zen.

4.81 to 4.79?

My entry hovers around 3.78. :eek:

Back