What pissed you off today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad. I don't want to be 40.
I saw somewhere the other day that "60 is the new 40." If that's true, then (proportionally) 40 is the new 26.67, so you have not a thing to worry about. ;)

ETA: And how the hell did we miss your birthday yesterday????

I hope you had a very very very good one! :rose:
 
Last edited:
I'm sad. I don't want to be 40.

Happy belated birthday!!! :rose: Sir Winston is right, 40 is not nearly what it used to be. Half of my 25 year old friends are glorified teenagers, still living with their parents so they have enough drink/drug money come the weekend. Everyone seems to be aging more slowly.

Plus you really, really don't look 40. I'd be 40 now if I could look as good as you do!
 
I'm sad. I don't want to be 40.

40 is kinda sorta cool, actually. I was upset about it for a while, but now it's just one step closer to 50... And 50 is going to be awesome! (The official age at which a lady gets to say whatever she damn pleases, politely or not, and no one bats an eye. ;) )
 
Thanks y'all
Last year, I didn't think it would be a big deal but just saying "40" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm not at all where I thought I'd be at this age and lack the will to change it much. I'm also single and have you noticed how many cut off their age requirement at 39? A lot.
Is this mid-life crisis?
 
Thanks y'all
Last year, I didn't think it would be a big deal but just saying "40" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm not at all where I thought I'd be at this age and lack the will to change it much. I'm also single and have you noticed how many cut off their age requirement at 39? A lot.
Is this mid-life crisis?

Oh, I understand... I felt that way too on turning 40, the bad taste in my mouth kind of thing. I was married... but I am able to empathize. I've several good friends who are single and felt that same way on turning 40.

On a happier note in two years, you'll be 42. That makes you the answer to life, the universe and everything according to Douglas Adams. :) In answer to your question, any crisis that occurs in the middle of your life is a mid-life crisis. It's not really age dependent.
 
I was evicted to sleep on couch because I cough and sneeze so much he can't sleep if I'm in the same room with him. AND he made me leave my pillow for him, because he apparently likes mine better than his.:mad:
 
I was evicted to sleep on couch because I cough and sneeze so much he can't sleep if I'm in the same room with him. AND he made me leave my pillow for him, because he apparently likes mine better than his.:mad:
The pillow thing is a non-starter. Either he gets to sleep without you coughing/sneezing in his face, or he gets your pillow - not both. Lay down the law.
 
The pillow thing is a non-starter. Either he gets to sleep without you coughing/sneezing in his face, or he gets your pillow - not both. Lay down the law.

Agreed & Amen, Sir!

I think I can be a generous being in general... I mean I try to be, but no one and I mean NO ONE gets my pillow. Nope. Not gonna happen.
 
Weirdly, I slept really, really well on the couch. I used our sucky guest pillow and a pillow from the couch and it created such perfect support for my upper body that I basially could breathe without wheezing and sneezing and coughing so much. I want to believe his magical domliness told him this is what would happen if he evicted me to the couch and confiscated my pillow. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I'm taking him pillow shopping for his birthday. Two more weeks.
 
Last edited:
Had to seal up my house for a few hours with the air conditioning off because smoke from a chemical fire was drifting down my way from up the road. In the middle of summer that is... not a fun thing.

Also? Those emergency sirens the media plays when broadcasting bulletins about stuff like that? Really eerie...
 
Had to seal up my house for a few hours with the air conditioning off because smoke from a chemical fire was drifting down my way from up the road. In the middle of summer that is... not a fun thing.

Also? Those emergency sirens the media plays when broadcasting bulletins about stuff like that? Really eerie...

Stay safe, yeah? We don't want any of those chemicals inflicting horrible mutations upon you, like an extra ear on your butt or something. ;)

I've only heard the emergency sirens once and it turns out it was a test. Woulda been nice if they could've told us that before we herded all the children inside, locked the doors and started making bets about what sort of disaster was happening. Was pretty scary for a while there.
 
Stay safe, yeah? We don't want any of those chemicals inflicting horrible mutations upon you, like an extra ear on your butt or something. ;)

I've only heard the emergency sirens once and it turns out it was a test. Woulda been nice if they could've told us that before we herded all the children inside, locked the doors and started making bets about what sort of disaster was happening. Was pretty scary for a while there.

Ah, we turned out alright. They got it under control, and the smoke ended up dissipating before it floated over the house anyway. I was hoping I'd gain telekinetic powers or something, maybe get me to hulk out, but nooo... ;)

The emergency sirens by themselves are pretty unsettling, but over here they follow it up with a phone call featuring a dispassionate robot voice, and it starts feeling like something's really gone wrong. I guess that's kind of the point, though :D
 
The emergency sirens by themselves are pretty unsettling, but over here they follow it up with a phone call featuring a dispassionate robot voice, and it starts feeling like something's really gone wrong. I guess that's kind of the point, though :D

Yeah, I think it is. Just as well I've got my zombie apocalyse contingency plan all worked out. I even know where the nearest gun shop is. And I'm totally prepared to cover myself in zombie guts to get myself there.
 
<Sigh> Last Monday (1/7), we drove 200+ miles (4 hours-ish) to the VA hospital where we stayed overnight (for free) so I could go to a 7:30 appointment with my neurologist Tuesday morning. That appointment seemed very productive and informative to me; she told me that she had reviewed all my MRIs and CTs along with the radiologists and the neurosurgeons from Omaha who would do the biopsy on my noggin if it were determined to be needed, and they (all) jointly thought that it would be a safely conservative plan to wait another six weeks and get a new set of MRI + CT scan of the ol' coconut to see what, if any, developments might occur. I concurred that this seemed like a sensible course of action.

Late this morning (11-ish), I got a call from a nurse in the Imaging Department of the very same VA hospital I drove up to last week, telling me that Imaging wants me to drive that 200+ miles again *today* and get the MRI and CT scan either today or tomorrow. What? I explained to her that I had just discussed this very issue with the neurologist a week ago, and that she and Omaha and the radiologists agreed that six weeks down the road was the way to go. She reviewed the online notes, and said, "Well, now it seems that the surgeons in Omaha want the new scans as soon as possible. Can you drive up here today if we can overbook you into the imaging suites?"

No. I'm not going to do that unless the neurologist I've been dealing with signs off on it. You need to confirm with *her* that this is what needs to be done, and that it needs to be done now. After four more calls back and forth with the care scheduling nurse at Hospital B (my usual VA hospital) and the neuro nurse at Hospital A (the one where my neurologist is and where they want to do the imaging), the final decision is...

They'll let me know tomorrow what everyone has decided they want me to do. Stay tuned for the next episode of "Nationalized Health Service, VA Style." :rolleyes:

<Le-fucking sigh, as Pepe LePew would say.>
 
So my dumb ass sister got caught drinking, and since she's under 21, she got an MIP (minor in possession). That's not what pissed me off, though. I consider that a life lesson. What pissed me of was today at her arraignment. A man showed up, over an hour late for his sentencing (for something, I don't know what) with his 8 year old daughter in tow, visibly drunk. Then he got mad at the attorney for chewing his ass for bringing his child, when he knows he might end up getting arrested, and stormed out. With the child in tow. Then he came back, calmer, and sat through the rest of the hearings even though he was told they wouldn't try to fit him in as long as he had his child with him.

I really hope they called child services on him.
 
Last edited:
What pissed me off? Waking up at 3 am when I didn't have to..... Gggggggrrrrrr.......
 
So they (VA) called yesterday mid-afternoon and said, "We have appointments for you for tomorrow: 10 a.m. for lab, 11 a.m. for CT-A scan, 2 p.m. for MRI. Can you be here?"

Yeah. Sure. Make a room ready for me in visitor quarters; I'll drive 200+ miles, 4+ hours, and be there around 6 your time (they're west of me enough to be in another time zone).

Got there, got checked in, ate McD's and some white powder "donettes" with milk and watched the first episode of Idol Season 12. Nikki Minaj is a frucking feak. (Saw a few minutes of tonight's episode, and she's even worse. This season may kill AI for me.) Showered, read for an hour or so, hooked up my CPAP (yes, I travel with it) and went to sleep.

Ate the remainder of the donettes and drank the rest of the milk and watched an early episode of "Criminal Minds" - the one where Paget Brewster ("Emily Prentiss") is introduced (S2E9), then wandered over to the lab and got stuck by a cute young lady with a nice touch. (Of course, the fact that I have almost no sensory perception in the outer quarter-inch of most of the left side of my body might help :rolleyes: ) Then I wandered to the canteen and had a Diet Coke and read a little while wasting half of the 80 minutes until my CT appointment (I was early for the lab, and they got me in quickly).

The CT lady said something about, well, at least I didn't have to stick around all day and I corrected her (I thought), saying, "No, I have an MRI scheduled at 2." "No," she said slowly and with obvious concern in her eyes. "They cancelled that this morning. Now they want *that* put back into late February or early March." <Le sigh.> Got the CT-A scan done, bailed from the hospital, picked up sushi to bring home for her, Wendy's for me to eat on the road, and stopped at a major pet supplies store to price out accessories and necessities for the 29-gallon aquarium we both want to set up (finally) some 3.3 years after I got here.

Then I meandered home, arriving just moments before she got home from work, and presented her with her sushi, which she nobly delayed eating until we had fed three kittens, three cats and a Corgi, and I had scooped litter boxes for the first six, then watched some tube and chatted desultorily about a few things.

Actually, the only thing about all this that really pissed me off is the 400+ mile round trip itself, and the apparent indecision or lack of communication between the folks who are allegedly providing the care for that lump of grey matter between my ears. That thing is kind of important to me, and I would hope that those providers would find a way, despite the 500+ miles between them, in these days of instant communication by computer, telephone, video- and/or audio-conferencing, to make diagnoses and other decisions, communicate them effectively to one another and to me, and get them right the first - or at least the second or third - time around, yanno?

Ah, well... this, too, shall pass - or I will.
 
A neighbor's smoke detector's beeping for no reason. It's been beeping for two hours straight now, and I nor any of the other neighbors I've talked to have smelled smoke, so it's clearly a false alarm.

The sound is horribly annoying, but the janitor keeps saying that he can't go inside and turn it off, because "it' only been a couple of hours and the person living there could come soon". He's telling us to call him again, if the beeping continues after 5 or 6PM, because that's the time people usually come home from work.

It's 9:20AM now. I have to cook and bake, so I have to stay at home, and nothing drowns out the shrilling sound. I'm gonna lose my mind today.

Beeeee-*fucking*-eeeeep.
 
My getting a call at work saying I forgot to pay a bill then having to scramble to get to the office to pay it. (so me)
 
Getting knocked back for a new job I really had my heart set on. I left the interview feeling really good about it, but... oh well... :rolleyes:
 
Water heater busted, making this the 3rd flood in a couple years, in my garage, which is finished (70's paneling and orange SHAG carpet) and also where I store my vintage clothing business stock.
Don't ever buy a house, it's a trap.
 
1) having to use my BB to access the internet

2) Arriving at Cape Town airport only to find my suitcase has been broken in to and items have been stolen. It happened to at least 10 other passengers from the same flight
 
2) Arriving at Cape Town airport only to find my suitcase has been broken in to and items have been stolen. It happened to at least 10 other passengers from the same flight
I hope you (and the others) made a very angry report to the authorities at the airport. If you're lucky, you or one of the others might have sufficient political pull to actually get them to put some effort into an investigation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top