What pissed you off today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very rare that i get truly mad about much but i did get mad at a friend yesterday and sent them this email.......

hey there sweetie,

I had a think this morning about what bothered me so much about you saying you were going to donate your earnings to the Viki Soto appeal........ and i want to express how i feel without judgement.

Takes a big breath...........

So many cases like this, ordinary people doing heroic things, in the news draw good minded people like yourself to them and raise a lot of money for very good causes. They do so because of incidents like the shooting or that poor boy who stood on the corner and was hit by a random car.

But there are so many charities out there doing it so hard that cant buy the media advertising that these tragedies get........

I don't make a big deal of the fact that I support a little known but phenomenal children's charity more with my time than financially. they provide housing for families from remote area's who children must have prolonged treatments in hospital. Farmers who had crop dusting planes or light planes to for general transport in the outback also donate time and fuel to ferry the kids back and forth in times of need so they can spend more time at home rather in in hospital or a strange house staffed by well meaning strangers. But that's my choice to support some unsung hero's.

Ask yourself, with all the publicity and wonderful people like you that Viki Soto's charity will appeal to is there not a school or a children's hospital in more need of your funds than that teachers family and friends who will probably gain more than they will know what to do with, through donations form wonderful people like you. Perhaps the counselors and psychiatrists who treat children of trauma like those who survived the shooting need a help hand more urgently.

I like that you care about these things but I find in a lot of ways you are so reactionary to the news and i just wanted to give you another perspective. News stories will always draw alot of money to them and charities who are proven to do good year after year as they hang by a financial thread never will.

I would like you to watch this commercial.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r53bYhmPJWA

The children of today are the ones who will ultimately decide new laws and which nursing homes we reside in and the funding given to them when we are old and feeble or if like Logan's run we will all be given an end date.

Just needed to say that and ask you to think about where your hard earned money should go. If you are giving to a highlighted media charity so you can be seen to make a difference or if your motivations are truly altruistic. I know that sounds like a challenge, but i am sure there are area's of your home town, that need hep more than Viki Soto's family. Think about it, please.

I agree fully that Viki was a hero and i would hope that if a gunman came to my classroom I would do the same but who knows ....... I just wanted to point out the unsung hero's to you.

~ellie

I know a lot of people will pounce on me for that but I felt the need to say it again.

.... I know a lot of people will pounce on me for that but I felt the need to say it again.

xelliebabex, that's a good letter. :rose:
I have to agree with Stella. It's a good letter. And something you didn't say in your letter: Viki Soto was a full-time teacher. She almost certainly had substantial life insurance benefits paid for through her school district (perhaps with some contribution by herself, though not necessarily). I agree with you that there are many other, almost certainly more needy causes out there to which your friend could contribute. Good on ya. :rose:

Me and my procrastination. Had me knitting for 5 hours yesterday and it will take much more than that today to finish a Christmas gift. But my granddaughter will love it and that makes it all worthwhile.

You check online to see if somewhere is open. You there during opening hours. Not only is it not open but the entire place has packed up and gone. And it's a GOVERNMENT run establishment. How bloody hard would it have been to put that on the website?!?!?

So now you have to drive halfway across town in crazy Christmas Eve traffic do get what you need done. Ugh. :mad:

Also, discovering that a Christmas present is the wrong size and I now have to go exchange it. I'm thankful I didn't leave present wrapping till tonight like I usually do.

Me and my procrastination. Had me knitting for 5 hours yesterday and it will take much more than that today to finish a Christmas gift. But my granddaughter will love it and that makes it all worthwhile.

Quoting just so I could needle you over the procrastination. [Says he who will not conclude his Xmas shopping until sometime in the early pm tomorrow.]

Feeling secure in really knowing I'm doing the right thing and then really having to drag myself through it.

I dropped my iphone in the toilet a couple days ago.... yeah yeah did the rice and nothin. no internet at home so.... I'm basically off the grid.
I really can't afford a new one either..... later folks.... someday....

425567_532186313459018_580797789_n.jpg

This woman (customer) today at work. Her little girl accidentally spilled a container of bracelets that were displayed on the checkout counter. The woman turned on her so viciously, slapped her face, yelled at her, took hold of her ear and pinched. The poor little girl's face was red, her shoulders were hunched up, she was panicked. She was sobbing. Inside, I wanted to slap the woman's hand away, to berate her.... I tried to let her know that it was ok.... that there was no harm. The whole time I was thinking that if I put too much attention on it, it might be worse for the little girl later on. I hope that little girl is going to be o.k....as in o.k. growing up. Her mom has been in the store a few times, I've been helping her with a large order and have had a chance to see her aura and her character. That little girl will have a tuff time. I feel so terribly for her. And I'm so pissed off at the same time. :(

This woman (customer) today at work. Her little girl accidentally spilled a container of bracelets that were displayed on the checkout counter. The woman turned on her so viciously, slapped her face, yelled at her, took hold of her ear and pinched. The poor little girl's face was red, her shoulders were hunched up, she was panicked. She was sobbing. Inside, I wanted to slap the woman's hand away, to berate her.... I tried to let her know that it was ok.... that there was no harm. The whole time I was thinking that if I put too much attention on it, it might be worse for the little girl later on. I hope that little girl is going to be o.k....as in o.k. growing up. Her mom has been in the store a few times, I've been helping her with a large order and have had a chance to see her aura and her character. That little girl will have a tuff time. I feel so terribly for her. And I'm so pissed off at the same time. :(

If you know the woman's name/contact details/car rego please contact social services about it. It may seem like a small incident and nothing worth writing home about, but if everyone ignores parents behaving like this the likelihood of anything changing for that little girl is low. If that woman feels justified acting violently towards her daughter in public you can damn well bet that what happens behind closed doors will be worse.

Even if nothing comes of it you will feel as though you've tried to help. :rose:

That's great!
Right on facebook we go...
:D

Two reactions to this:

1. We made a huge dent in deaths due to drunk driving without banning alcohol.

2. I note that no one, not the NRA nor any of its supporters, suggested that more young black men should be armed after Trayvon Martin was gunned down.

Who comes to clear off snow from the roof at 7am on a Sunday morning?! After 45 minutes of pretending to be able to sleep while someone's working on the roof I just gave up and got out of bed. :mad:

Two reactions to this:

1. We made a huge dent in deaths due to drunk driving without banning alcohol.

2. I note that no one, not the NRA nor any of its supporters, suggested that more young black men should be armed after Trayvon Martin was gunned down.

This is true true true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back