Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might not get to go to work again tomorrow due to the weather. First day I missed for snow, this time flooding. I was out earlier today. Hopefully the river has subsided enough that the main road isnt flooded. I know part of it is currently closed completely until the water goes down.
 
Quoll said:
Storm, snow, hurricane, meteor, some new diet fad?
We lost power for a few hours yesterday morning, when it was -7 degrees (Farenheit) outside. The pipes froze while the power was off, and either they've yet to thaw or the power issues somehow fucked up the electric pump to our well. I'm hoping it's the former--we have space heaters placed in strategic locations, but nothing yet. Damn pipes will probably end up bursting, too.

We have a few gallons of water for drinking, flushing the toilet, and watering the pets, but we haven't been able to do laundry, wash dishes, or bathe properly since Thursday night. We probably reek, and I have book group tomorrow afternoon. :(

ETA: We finally have water! I can bathe now! :nana:
 
Last edited:
silverwhisper said:
i'm glad you finally have water again, eilan. did you ever find out WTF was going on?

ed
The pipes were just frozen. It took a day and a half of using space heaters in the kitchen and in our "bomb shelter" under the house to get them to thaw. And fortunately, none of them burst! We really got lucky!

Of course, I'm still playing catch-up with the laundry. . .
 
The pipes were just frozen. It took a day and a half of using space heaters in the kitchen and in our "bomb shelter" under the house to get them to thaw. And fortunately, none of them burst! We really got lucky!

Of course, I'm still playing catch-up with the laundry. . .

In my world, that's not "just" frozen, I have to say I have no concept of just how cold that is, we might get down to maybe -4c which will freeze the pipes for a few hours, your -7f (-21c), has certain parts of my anatomy heading north at a rapid pace.
 
eilan: you have kids--is there such a thing as not playing catch up with the laundry?

heh...so for a while there, you were "dirty eilan"? :D

quoll: i recommend massaging the area around your adam's apple; that tends to get those parts back where they belong, IMX. :>

ed
 
we've been together for 2.5 years and I havent once felt as much hatred towards you as I do right now. I'm seriously starting to wonder if this relationship is going to last through this business trip. The sad part is that there's a part of me that doesnt want it to.
 
I think I'm the only person among my friends who didn't love Juno. I don't hate it, but it's just not that great to me.
 
w&u, sorry to hear that. :<

[hug]

ed



Thanks Ed. It could be a lot worse though. He's a good guy, just making bad choices right now and it is infuriating me.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm going to be away again for awhile. I'm leaving for a 6 month assignment in a few days and wont have the ability to access this site.
 
eilan: nice to see how you never miss an opportunity to turn the conversation towards size... :D

BG: ?!

w&u: i'll confess, it does seem that when you're posting there are often bad choices that are hurting you but i'm glad you're otherwise OK. be well!

q: that sounds rather ominous.

ed
 
Willing and Unsure said:
what are you talking about? I've got 11 inches..... :cool:
I am not worthy enough to be in the same thread as your cyber-ginormousness. :(
silverwhisper said:
eilan: nice to see how you never miss an opportunity to turn the conversation towards size... :D
If I didn't, you folks would think I was sick or something. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top