The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lt: OH FUCKING HELL I DRANK FROM KENNYS SODA EW EW EW GODDAMMIT HOW LONG HAS THAT BEEN HERE FUUUUCK *scrubs tongue with brillopad*

LT - now I'm wondering if anyone got the reference in that thread's title.

LT - now I'm wondering if anyone got the reference in that thread's title.

IF it's an allusion to Raymond Carver's book. Then yes. If it's anything else. No.

And I have not read anything from that book, other than Popular Mechanics. Which I read as 'Little Things', after Josh Homme talked about it.

How could one want something so bad, yearn it in fact.... Only for it to be out of reach...... :eek:

IF it's an allusion to Raymond Carver's book. Then yes. If it's anything else. No.

And I have not read anything from that book, other than Popular Mechanics. Which I read as 'Little Things', after Josh Homme talked about it.

Well, the story, not so much the book that has the title.
(I only have "Where I'm calling from").

Kenny abandons drinks in random places in the offices.
They can be there days.
Weeks.
Months.
Because no one wants to pick up after Kenny.

And I. Drank. It.

Gaaaaahhhhh.

Ah.

I am so sorry.

*Has the sudden urge to... go behind a tree and.... do something unspeakable*

So whats new Lilly.

Ahhh. Never read it. Seen it in the library though.

They are all just collections of short stories. It has What We Talk About...Cathedral...bunch of other stuff. I think they just put out another one every once in a while and shuffle the stories around.

Ah yes. Access. The incubator of bad habits.

They (being friends, school, and my father) keep assuring me that Access is what most private databases are based off of in some way.

I have no idea.

All I know is, it seems like a very... counter intuitive system. The relational part seems functional enough, and you can set up queries with modifiers and conditions... but I dunno. Just doesn't seem quite streamlined. Maybe its because I'm still learning.

okay, I can knock out this paper today, I've got my computer, my research, my music is playing, green tea and popcorn, this'll be goo...Oh hey, look at that squirrel outside my window, he's got a nut!

LT~

Why does it worry me to think of CT having a science lab?

FLT~

As much as I'm itching to write, there are things that need seeing to in the RW that have to come first. Damnit.

They (being friends, school, and my father) keep assuring me that Access is what most private databases are based off of in some way.

I have no idea.

All I know is, it seems like a very... counter intuitive system. The relational part seems functional enough, and you can set up queries with modifiers and conditions... but I dunno. Just doesn't seem quite streamlined. Maybe its because I'm still learning.

I don't know what they mean by 'based off of in some way'...
BUT
The back end database of Access is, basically, SQLServer, which uses SQL (and T-SQL).
Access itself is really just a front end way of talking to the database.
Its certainly not bad to learn, in and of itself, but you would also be well served by learning the SQL part of it. If nothing else, it'll let you do things MUCH faster.
Let Access handle displaying the data. You write the queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back