we need some kind of world cup thread

crashD

Dirty old man
i think all the dutch and spanish ladies need to show us their boobs...

well, anyone who is a soccer fan... :D

i think all the dutch and spanish ladies need to show us their boobs...

well, anyone who is a soccer fan... :D

Will anglo-italian do? ;)

TRTartRobyn029.jpg

:kiss:

On honor of our "team that doesn't stand a chance" I'm bringing back a little Olympic level support...

attachment.php

On honor of our "team that doesn't stand a chance" I'm bringing back a little Olympic level support...

attachment.php

Never say never, look at Spain yesterday:D
Loved that picture in February, and love it even more now :devil:
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

AND GOOOOO BELGIUM

Never say never, look at Spain yesterday:D
Loved that picture in February, and love it even more now :devil:

AND GOOOOO BELGIUM

The "we don't stand a chance" thing was what Jurgen Klinsmann told the media about us.

Gotta love when the coach doesn't believe in his own team. At least we fans can still show our support!!

attachment.php

And if we do get knocked out early... I'll be a Belgian supporter. :p

Gotta love when the coach doesn't believe in his own team. At least we fans can still show our support!!

attachment.php

And if we do get knocked out early... I'll be a Belgian supporter. :p

I believe in your team…. and I will be supporting big time on Monday.
You got a deal there…..

(some silly pics in my US blouse)

Attachments

• Go USA.jpg
    Go USA.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Go USA 1.jpg
    Go USA 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 367
We need to get more women interested in footie

Picture removed by moderator, in violation with the Forum Rules. Please DO read the Forum Guidelines regarding posting pictures in the forum. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The "we don't stand a chance" thing was what Jurgen Klinsmann told the media about us.

Some confusion here. He never said 'We don't stand a chance'. He said 'We shouldn't be expected to win'. Quite different.

Some confusion here. He never said 'We don't stand a chance'. He said 'We shouldn't be expected to win'. Quite different.

It was actually that us winning one & talking about winning one isn't realistic. And considering the USSF said 6 days after the draw that the results in Brazil are irrelevant, it seems like they agree. While I appreciate the fact that Jurgen isn't completely delusional, for a team to hear their coach say that is bullshit. The attitude of "we're just happy to be here" is why we will always underachieve on the international level. Well, and we don't have the athletes.

It was actually that us winning one & talking about winning one isn't realistic. And considering the USSF said 6 days after the draw that the results in Brazil are irrelevant, it seems like they agree. While I appreciate the fact that Jurgen isn't completely delusional, for a team to hear their coach say that is bullshit. The attitude of "we're just happy to be here" is why we will always underachieve on the international level. Well, and we don't have the athletes.

They players aren't affected by his statement at all. They appreciate a coach 'not' blowing smoke up there collective asses. And as the first three days of games have shown....your name and ranking don't mean a thing. You have to play your ass off and anything can happen. That being said, USA soccer still has a ways to go. We need to change the mindset and identify talented players at a younger age and develope that talent THE RIGHT WAY. I'm 53 and have been around the game all my life and have watched things being done the wrong way for too long.

Last edited:
Torn a bit here downunder...

The All Whites (NZ Team) was beating by Mexico for a position in the Cup Finals.

I have drawn the USA in the sweepstakes at work.

and being a Kiwi, no way can we support Australia in any sporting event :)

But if KelBel keeps posting her boobs draped in the USA colours I might have more reasons to lean in that direction :devil:

Kiwi

They players aren't affected by his statement at all. They appreciate a coach 'not' blowing smoke up there collective asses. And as the first three days of games have shown....your name and ranking don't mean a thing. You have to play your ass off and anything can happen. That being said, USA soccer still has a ways to go. We need to change the mindset and identify talented players at a younger age and develope that talent THE RIGHT WAY. I'm 53 and have been around the game all my life and have watched things being done the wrong way for too long.

No player wants to hear their coach say things of that nature, I don't care what level it is. There's ways to convey the intended message without putting a negative spin on it. In a country where soccer is still trying to break into the mainstream, comments and an attitude like that certainly don't help. Identifying talent at a younger age won't necessarily be effective here like it is elsewhere. Kids here play soccer at a young age because they aren't always old enough to play the major sports. Once they are, you see the talent pool dwindle. Pressure to specialize can and does lead to burnout and falling short of expectations (Adu). It's a blessing and a curse that we have such a diverse sports landscape in this country. In a majority of the world, the main sport is soccer. Kids play from the time they can walk. Their best athletes play soccer. Because it is not and likely will never be a part of our culture and because our federation isn't necessarily concerned with advancing the game, mediocrity will continue for our men (and our women are sadly on that same course).

Back