Is the Lit Forum site being hacked?

AlwaysHungry

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Posts
1,512
Today, I clicked on a link to send someone a PM, and I was sent to a bunch of porn sites and other commercial pages. (edit - I removed the samples of the links because evidently it's against the rules to post them.


This stuff is very annoying. Are others having similar problems?
 
Last edited:
Today, I clicked on a link to send someone a PM, and I was sent to this page:

This stuff is very annoying. Are others having similar problems?

I just clicked to send a pm to you, and all was fine. It may be something in your computer, so I didn't send the message; I'll just reply here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to send you a PM also. No problems at all.

Run a check on your system.
 
I tried to send you a PM also. No problems at all.

Run a check on your system.
How would I do that? I have no problems on other sites, including the main Lit site. It's only when I am at the discussion fora that everything goes bonkers. In fact, when I clicked on the link to reply to your post, I got a weird porn site the first time I tried.
 
He's online, but hasn't commented, Tx. I wonder if he's trying a back-door spam by giving us the sites he was "linked" to, in hopes we'd check them out directly.

But perhaps I'm being hasty...
 
I wish I could help, but my Mac is fairly immune to the kind of thing you mention. Someone like ZebCarter or RejectReality may also have ideas for what may be going on.

Tio and Tx - I am quite confident AlwaysHungry is above board with his observation. He's an upstanding guy, and a friend. For whatever my opinion is worth.
 
Try, Spybot Search & Destroy or Malwarebytes.

Or quit trying to bait us into clicking on those links you posted...it's against forum rules. Post reported.
 
Try, Spybot Search & Destroy or Malwarebytes.

Or quit trying to bait us into clicking on those links you posted...it's against forum rules. Post reported.
I removed the quoted links. Laurel replied to my PM, saying she thinks malware is the problem, and I will pursue remedies. I can't figure out, though, why it is so specific to this forum.
 
I removed the quoted links. Laurel replied to my PM, saying she thinks malware is the problem, and I will pursue remedies. I can't figure out, though, why it is so specific to this forum.

Clear your browser cache. If you are reasonably lucky, that will ease the symptom, but you should still scan your computer carefully. Download the "Microsoft safety scanner", and malwarebytes is good too. Not one or the other, do both. No one product finds them all.

If you have a major and recurring infection and you're good at following detailed instructions very carefully, visit majorgeeks and follow the malware removal forum guidelines carefully, there are volunteer experts who can help you clean almost anything.
 
Last edited:
And when your all done with these cleaners, try the normal follow up program, CCLEANER. It gets rid of all the extra BS that the others miss or leave.
 
This was a very tenacious piece of malware. Following Laurel's advice, I tried Spybot, which could not find the malware, and then I tried MalwareBytes, and it looks like MalwareBytes was successful in eradicating the pest.
 
Back
Top