Bite me

Yes. It was time for a new name. :) I wasn't trying to fool anyone. I just wanted to switch to something simpler.

See, here's the thing. I had no agenda. I was just here to write. Why, then, am I getting such hostility?
well i suppose your initial posts in this thread calling 12 a self-proclaimed exterminator, and then more or less slating us all as ass-kissers who care little for the quality of poetry here, didn't exactly help create the most condusive atmosphere.

has anyone been slating your writing on your return? you're a good writer. if you are here with no agenda (and i'm not stating you have one at all) then write, enjoy the site, welcome back.

Yes. It was time for a new name. :) I wasn't trying to fool anyone. I just wanted to switch to something simpler.
i get that. i don't get you coming into this thread and posting the way you did first.
i admire your writing and appreciate your knowledge of poetry. this place needs writers, not people bitching at eachother creating defensive/antagonistic atmospheres. i hope to read your work.

I don't really care about the Es or the Hs. I just want to write without being called nasty names for coming to write poems. That would be nice.

Ummm ..... ok. Didn't realize I was being hostile to you. I had a little fun with your name in a comment directed at Twelve. That was all.

Here's a suggestion. Sign up for another account. Don't show up all of a sudden out of the blue with antagonistic remarks for Senna * cough * or Twelve or anyone you have a history with. Don't tell us who you were. Come here just to write poems.

I'm officially beyond caring about any drama that happened here in the past.

Last edited:
Many people who have been here many years including the one who argues so fiercely against them have alts. I was advised to post under an alt by the esteemed AnnaSwirls who said that would be a good way to find out if people just like me or my poetry.

I found out that even though my poems, when posted anonymously, won contests here, got me compared to Wicked Eve (another esteemed poet), and garnered good marks and feedback here, that when I posted as who I am, because of that unfortunate flirting years and years and years ago (longer ago than the time it takes to get over breaking a frickin' mirror) that the second I post again, two poets post scathing poems. 12 posted one indicating that a newbie (and I was the only newbie to this board within that week that I could see) was a maggot who needed pesticide.

I have also noticed that despite being given 5s by people who have acquired many Es, despite having poems here for years with hundreds of views, I never ever ever am allowed to acquire more than 10 votes. Hmmmm. That's odd, ain't it?

Despite winning contests here, moderating here for two years, giving hundreds of votes and reviews and feedback here, completely without agenda, 12 doesn't consider me an asset. Plus the insecticide poem.

Despite actually publishing in AnnieSwirl's publication, being selected for that issue by Patrick Carrington, being asked to present poetry and to moderate and present at a separate event in San Francisco and New York City, and despite hosting an online poetry open mic for 8 years, I still cannot get enough cred. for people who do not suffer from prejudice to believe that Lit is gamed and it is not gamed from the outer boards. Not from outer space. Not from Newbs. It is gamed from the top.

Even if I won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry and were Poet Laureate of all known countries in the world, I would never be allowed to get an H or an E here. Because. Once. 8 and a half years ago I wounded, quite accidentally, the ego of a very. influential. poet. All it takes is one. Ok. Not talking more. From now on, just poems. Or talk about poems. Nothing more need said about me. Please know that this is unleashing my tongue after holding it for years.

I wish you all WELL! If you have not been affected by the gaming (which absolutely does exist) then good on ya! Best blessings and joy all around. I have no malice at all, not even an ounce, to anyone here, even if that person has called me a maggot, a pie, a piece of dung, an incompetent, etc. It's all nothing to me.

But I would like to write poems and to engage in useful conversation about poetry. Nothing else from here on out.

Peace.
PC

well i suppose your initial posts in this thread calling 12 a self-proclaimed exterminator, and then more or less slating us all as ass-kissers who care little for the quality of poetry here, didn't exactly help create the most condusive atmosphere.

has anyone been slating your writing on your return? you're a good writer. if you are here with no agenda (and i'm not stating you have one at all) then write, enjoy the site, welcome back.

i get that. i don't get you coming into this thread and posting the way you did first.
i admire your writing and appreciate your knowledge of poetry. this place needs writers, not people bitching at eachother creating defensive/antagonistic atmospheres. i hope to read your work.

Thanks, Butters. I have seen that penetrating eye before! Yep. I got some hugs off-site and some nice comments to the two I posted to New Poems. I won't post much there as it is hard to know what response there is genuine. I will post on the forum from time to time and will be around if anyone wants to hit me up for a reaction to any given poem assuming that the poet gives a crap what I say to begin with, is interested in actual criticism, and plans on editing the poem.

Thanks, Butters. I have seen that penetrating eye before! Yep. I got some hugs off-site and some nice comments to the two I posted to New Poems. I won't post much there as it is hard to know what response there is genuine. I will post on the forum from time to time and will be around if anyone wants to hit me up for a reaction to any given poem assuming that the poet gives a crap what I say to begin with, is interested in actual criticism, and plans on editing the poem.

I was doing so well up to there :eek:

Many people who have been here many years including the one who argues so fiercely against them have alts. I was advised to post under an alt by the esteemed AnnaSwirls who said that would be a good way to find out if people just like me or my poetry.

I found out that even though my poems, when posted anonymously, won contests here, got me compared to Wicked Eve (another esteemed poet), and garnered good marks and feedback here, that when I posted as who I am, because of that unfortunate flirting years and years and years ago (longer ago than the time it takes to get over breaking a frickin' mirror) that the second I post again, two poets post scathing poems. 12 posted one indicating that a newbie (and I was the only newbie to this board within that week that I could see) was a maggot who needed pesticide.

I have also noticed that despite being given 5s by people who have acquired many Es, despite having poems here for years with hundreds of views, I never ever ever am allowed to acquire more than 10 votes. Hmmmm. That's odd, ain't it?

Despite winning contests here, moderating here for two years, giving hundreds of votes and reviews and feedback here, completely without agenda, 12 doesn't consider me an asset. Plus the insecticide poem.

Despite actually publishing in AnnieSwirl's publication, being selected for that issue by Patrick Carrington, being asked to present poetry and to moderate and present at a separate event in San Francisco and New York City, and despite hosting an online poetry open mic for 8 years, I still cannot get enough cred. for people who do not suffer from prejudice to believe that Lit is gamed and it is not gamed from the outer boards. Not from outer space. Not from Newbs. It is gamed from the top.

Even if I won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry and were Poet Laureate of all known countries in the world, I would never be allowed to get an H or an E here. Because. Once. 8 and a half years ago I wounded, quite accidentally, the ego of a very. influential. poet. All it takes is one. Ok. Not talking more. From now on, just poems. Or talk about poems. Nothing more need said about me. Please know that this is unleashing my tongue after holding it for years.

I wish you all WELL! If you have not been affected by the gaming (which absolutely does exist) then good on ya! Best blessings and joy all around. I have no malice at all, not even an ounce, to anyone here, even if that person has called me a maggot, a pie, a piece of dung, an incompetent, etc. It's all nothing to me.

But I would like to write poems and to engage in useful conversation about poetry. Nothing else from here on out.

Peace.
PC

Senna posted the maggot poem, not Twelve.

The poem itself was obviously directed at someone in particular, but it came off as childish drivel and a piss poor attempt at trolling. Senna should beat himself with a rubber hose. It sucked that badly.

If there was a second [airquotes]scathing[/airquotes] poem, it's news to me.

Last edited:
yep, senna posted it as some lame dig at magnetron, ''the newb'', or both he and pelegrino, after his tangia praxis thread got waylaid by them:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1080979
check the dates, pc :)

12 quoted it in senna's 'pesticide to treat a maggot' thread, here, http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=60690759#post60690759 and contributed his own 'appreciation' of the piece of drivel. none of any of this was aimed in your direction; the cast in this drama was senna, mag, pelegrino, supporting cast being 12 & tsotha. it had everything to do with senna's attitude towards other posters here whilst claiming his own unassailable superiority.

it seems to me that there's no harm in using alts when they're obvious or fun, but when they're used for ugly reasons it causes paranoia and distrust amongst forum members. that's never healthy for a site. my own name is just an abbreviation of chipbutty that laurel kindly changed for me. i don't have any other account and it was common knowledge.

poetry should be the focus, for sure, pc. :cool:

Peace.
PC

I have no idea who you are. Hi.

The pesticide poem was likely aimed at Pelegrino "maggotino", and it was written by Senna Jawa.

It seems most poems in New Poems get around 2-5 comments and twice that many votes. It's a rare poem that gets less (because it is "bad") or more (because it is "good").

Note the quotes around bad and good. A voting system is a popularity contest, which doesn't say much about your writing (beyond "it's popular"). Further, there are security problems (rankings can be easily skewed) and the system isn't self-correcting, poems with the most views/votes tend to get yet more votes.

Which means: 1) this place could use a programmer who understands statistics, and 2) you shouldn't lose a moment of your time worrying about votes/views/etc.

So ........ now that one misunderstanding has been cleared up, let's tackle another.

PC, post a link to the other scathing poem you assumed was directed at you within your first week returned as Playcatch.

I'm suspect there is something in the water at Literotica that causes drinkers to read way too much into the words of others.

I'm guessing it has something to do with all the improperly disposed of expired anti-psychotics being flushed down the toilets in the GeeBee washrooms.

Or for readers to drink way too much of the words of others. Thirsty, I guess.

So ........ now that one misunderstanding has been cleared up, let's tackle another.

PC, post a link to the other scathing poem you assumed was directed at you within your first week returned as Playcatch.

I'm kinda done with this. I vented. It's over for me. Can we do some poetry?

Peace.
PC
I point out Ms. PC or PG, I called you not a newb (correctly), i.e.
1. experience shows in organisation of the material
2. you referenced things a true newb would not have knowledge of
(above two, you are not the only one here)
3. see below and above (an agenda)

As to your belated recognition of the fact that gaming does exist (duh), which was ridiculed when you where a mod (duh), and because I happened to piss off more than one, a lovely string of Anon comments and H removal occurred.
Your comments and your PMs have nothing to do with "lack of asset" and more to do with pain in the ass and impaired cognitive ability.*

Your lack of getting ten votes has more to do with the lack of
gaming (you know the shit I complain about)
the fact you don't have a fan club (as the story writers do) or a support clique (you know other shit I attack)
critical mass (you know more of the shit I complain about)
the fact your writing may lack interest

So who do you come after? Who the fuck do you hold responsible?

Götz von Berlichingen sticks his hand in the piranha tank,
laughs at the shower of little teeth.

Outside of the fact I may not have commented or voted on your material (one vote) I have nothing to do with this lack of ten votes.

* let's take a look at the scathing poem

As to gamed from the top, there is that resistance to get rid of anon voting?
la, la, la
and the sundry altoons
la, la, la

Götz von Berlichingen sticks his hand in the piranha tank,
laughs at the shower of little teeth.

I'm a big boy. Don't be shy.

PC .......?

Pandora Clitters?
Post a link, I forget what it was. I'll try to live up to the rep. But off the top of my head I think the pome had no unexpected turns and was predictable. i.e standard.

Post a link, I forget what it was. I'll try to live up to the rep. But off the top of my head I think the pome had no unexpected turns and was predictable. i.e standard.

I forgot what we were even discussing after Pandora had the meltdown and you disappeared for a week.

I forgot what we were even discussing after Pandora had the meltdown and you disappeared for a week.
ah, ok, arm surgery...
as an elaboration on above and in general, (impersonal) you are lucky to get more than three real readers (which is not saying that there are only three real readers here) with that in mind, unless a specific is mentioned or a key concept is identified, comments are useless and the voting system is seriously flawed.

ah, ok, arm surgery...
as an elaboration on above and in general, (impersonal) you are lucky to get more than three real readers (which is not saying that there are only three real readers here) with that in mind, unless a specific is mentioned or a key concept is identified, comments are useless and the voting system is seriously flawed.

The manner in which this entire site is structured and the features offered pretty much renders submitting poetry outside this sub-forum pointless. Honestly, I'm not sure why I continue to bother. Inside here is where anything truly worthwhile happens.

Hope your arm is OK.

We wouldn't want your Master Debating wrist to be impaired.

the problems with poetry

England in 1819
Indeed, but variation is always introduced later in a poem, for how can one vary what is just being established. I think the first line is a fist slamming a table in emphasis and displaying wanton disregard of rules. Shelley uses his syllables to spark revolution.
italics mine, from another thread here
how intentional is the line:

An old, mad, blind, despised, and dying King;

i.e. is the foot substitution deliberate and enough for effect?

probably since two other effects are incorporated in that line, despite impressing the hell out of me, is it overkill or does it register with the audience?

I don't know, but this is a context in which it should be viewed.

The title of the thread is Sound and Meter so pointing out the d and b's in the phoneme arrangement is fitting there, pointing out the bizarre grammatical arrangement may not be, functionally the entire line is a noun phrase overstuffed with adjectives. Which new writers are cautioned against. However the noun is King.
Again in context, and context is king

Here is playcatch's quote slightly edited:
I think the first line is a fist slamming a table in emphasis ... Shelley uses his syllables to spark revolution

The problem with poetry is the reader has to consider all this, and the writer has to put it in an arrangement that overrides negations such as:
Not metrical
Overstuffed with adjectives
etc.

In context Shelley was a metrical writer, why does he break the pattern here?
To amplify the meaning. Done with the disruption. I've said that before.

Back