The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighted veils? I suppose they twirl more effectively. In a pinch you can use one for a cast net for bait fish. :D

Or, depending on the weight, fend off a drunken fan. I, of course, never do anything more caddish than slip a suitable tip into the dancer's belt. :rolleyes:

Oh. I'd better get a belt! :) Thanks, Bear....any further thoughts? I'm new at this.

You're taking belly dancing lessons? How fun! I remember some older friends years ago doing that. I wonder if one still uses the finger cymbols for the dances. And the veils and hip scarves are very alluring. I have fabricated hip scarves and such just from long strips of material found in specialty stores, very fun.

Here's one of the better sites, for those curious.

http://www.missbellydance.com/Default.asp?gclid=CLKv0pPB1J0CFVRc2godt1BhQA&Redirected=Y

Do you dance barefoot or in ballet slippers?

barefoot, Tom.

You're taking belly dancing lessons? How fun! I remember some older friends years ago doing that. I wonder if one still uses the finger cymbols for the dances. And the veils and hip scarves are very alluring. I have fabricated hip scarves and such just from long strips of material found in specialty stores, very fun.

It is fun! I'm enjoying it enormously. The class has a full range of ages, from 22 to 60-some. There's a lot of laughing. :)

I want a hip scarf with the coins so it will jingle during the shimmy. But I'm fussy about colour. I want silver coins too.

It is fun! I'm enjoying it enormously. The class has a full range of ages, from 22 to 60-some. There's a lot of laughing. :)

I want a hip scarf with the coins so it will jingle during the shimmy. But I'm fussy about colour. I want silver coins too.

I've heard that it's great exercise and coordination as well. So you actually perform in front of an audience then? An audience of more than one? lol
I'd be nervous.

I've heard that it's great exercise and coordination as well. So you actually perform in front of an audience then? An audience of more than one? lol
I'd be nervous.

Well, so far performing has all been in-class. No audience. If it ever comes to that, I'll likely be nervous too.

I'm just thinking about buying a costume tomorrow. That's the fun part!

Well, so far performing has all been in-class. No audience. If it ever comes to that, I'll likely be nervous too.

I'm just thinking about buying a costume tomorrow. That's the fun part!

Pictures! We want pictures! :D

Pictures! We want pictures! :D

I was thinking of something like this.

bellydance_dresses.jpg

They must be washed carefully, I imagine. You WILL let us know what the dry cleaners' says when you drop those off for special care, won't you?

They must be washed carefully, I imagine. You WILL let us know what the dry cleaners' says when you drop those off for special care, won't you?

I better check the tags....I prefer to wash things at home. I hate that chemical smell.

I won't go for white...unless they want the zombie look. It drains me of all colour. I am hoping for some combination of black and pink. :)

Hey all. Ooh...is that what we're wearing in here now? Kewl! ;)

I was thinking about taking belly dancing. I've done the vids and it was fun...I assume doing it with a bunch of other people is even better.

*grabs a beer*

So when you gonna let us watch? :cool:

A skirt is sexier than pants any day. :D

So tell, Tom...what are the preferable characteristics of a skirt? Is it the way the fabric flows during movement revealing glimses, a more feminine suggestion, the convenience :devil:, or?

So tell, Tom...what are the preferable characteristics of a skirt? Is it the way the fabric flows during movement revealing glimses, a more feminine suggestion, the convenience :devil:, or?

Hmmmm, I can't wait to hear Tom's answer....but I'm off to bed. I'll catch up with you fine people tomorrow. Sleep well. :rose:

I choose all of the above. :D IMO women look more alluring in skirts.

Hmmmm, I can't wait to hear Tom's answer....but I'm off to bed. I'll catch up with you fine people tomorrow. Sleep well. :rose:

G'night Di. :kiss: Sweet dreams, darlin'.

gn Di

*Peers into closet, shakes head, tosses dirty 501s into washer, starts browsing for acceptable, fashionable skirts.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back