Can writers first publish to Literotica then to another site, offsite?

TriXteRPhillips

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 1, 2018
Posts
105
Currently, I am forced to use a low end tablet that I am not nearly as comfortable using to search for information as I am with my PC that I am currently unable to use for such. I tried using the advanced search feature to see if this topic has already been discussed, but had little luck finding anything relevant. Admittedly, a or the relevant thread may well have been right under my nose and I wouldn't have know it.

Anyway, if there is a relavant thread explaining such, I would appreciate it if someone could provide me a link to said thread.

If not, I would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge of such could take a few moments to explain to me if publishing stories offsite that are first published on Literotica is permitted. Also, a breif explination as to why or why not would be appreciated and helpful.

Thank you for your time.
 
Last edited:
Yes, if the other site permits it. Literotica only takes nonexclusive publishing rights (meaning you can publish it anywhere else you want as well).
 
Thank you for that information, KeithD.

Maybe the answer to my follwing question is, from what you posted, self evident, but I am a fledgling writer who dropped out in ninth grade. So, I am honestly far behind on the terminolgy and concepts involved in the publishing process.

My question is, do the nonexclusive publishing rights also extend to books one intends to sell that are compossed in part or in their entirety from stories published to literotica?

It also occured to me, do the nonexclusive publishing rights entitle Literotica to any of the monies made from any sales of materials published on other sites or through other means that are first published to Literotica?
 
Thank you for that information, KeithD.

Maybe the answer to my follwing question is, from what you posted, self evident, but I am a fledgling writer who dropped out in ninth grade. So, I am honestly far behind on the terminolgy and concepts involved in the publishing process.

My question is, do the nonexclusive publishing rights also extend to books one intends to sell that are compossed in part or in their entirety from stories published to literotica?

It also occured to me, do the nonexclusive publishing rights entitle Literotica to any of the monies made from any sales of materials published on other sites or through other means that are first published to Literotica?

Here's what Literotica has to say about that:


"If I submit a story to Literotica, do I still own the copyright?

Absolutely. You are simply granting us a non-exclusive right to publish your story on Literotica.com and granting Literotica the right to enforce the copyright on your story should it be used without your permission by any other publication - online, print, or other media."

The only right Literotica has is a nonexclusive right to publish your story. You are free to do whatever else you want to do with it: publish it elsewhere, turn it into a movie, create new derivative works based on it, etc.

Literotica has no other rights in your story. You have no obligation to share profits if you publish it elsewhere.
 
Thank you for that information, SimonDoom.

I now recall having read what you quoted before when I was looking into signing up with Literotica. However, my technolgical limits hamper my ability to properly collect research materials.

Both you and KeithD have been most helpful.
 
Back
Top