I need to trim off 10 pounds fairly quick.

try to substitute a meal with a whey protein shake. get the protein without sucralose (sugary additive). add some fruit and some soy milk. it is filling as well as helps recovery from workouts.
 
First of all, congrats to 5 inch heels for ongoing dedication. It's important to point out, she's been at this for 8 months and counting by now, has overall made improvements to her diet, and is exercising, and has stuck to it long term.

Quite frankly, although technically correct, some of the more radical ideas posted here (food scales, no dessert ever again as long as you live, avoiding fruits because they have sugar in them, etc.) are overkill and at times, a little crazy and a dis-service to the people who just need to get started.

It's only those very last few pounds where the extreme methods might become necessary. For people further away from that ideal weight, much more practical and rational methods will get you started. So by saying, "Do all these extreme OCD radical things", a person who could benefit and get started by just incremental improvements in diet and exercise is at risk for thinking, "All this crazy stuff is too much, I'm just not going to bother. Get me a cheeseburger!".

So, if you're further from your ideal target weight and shape, just get started with incremental changes, and build yourself up to more change later on. Start with systematic improvements to your diet, gradually phase out bad things and replace with better things, start walking, run a little when you can, start going to the gym, but take it easy. It's a lot more important that you run/walk/work-out again in a couple days, than how far/fast/intense each workout is. Do it gradually and stick to it and build up over time.

Then, as you become more advanced in your fitness improvement program, and/or when you only have 5 or 10 pounds left to lose (like 5 inch heels did), THEN you can start thinking about some of the crazy stuff. :D (In other words, crazy idea recommenders: Don't get mad. I'm not saying you're incorrect. I'm just saying that most people have more than a final five pounds to lose, and for them, they just need to get started, and a gentler approach makes them more likely to stick with it, so let's not scare them away. Later on, they can gradually get crazy. :cool:)
 
Last edited:
Work works for me

Every body and situation is different, but I have fought weight issues all my life. I finally found a few things that have kept me going down (the scale, that is) for several months now. Slow loss, but 25 in 4 months, and no real pain.

I got a fitbit and linked up with several people that are great at taunting me if I don't make my goal for the day. I find I just automatcially make better decisions, like taking stairs (it counts flights of stairs) and parking a bit further away in a parking lot.

I got a WIFI scale that connects to my smartphone. Every day it uploads to my phone, and keeps me honest about my progress

I joined myfitnesspal.com. Fitbit info and weight automatically go up, and gives me tons of info on how I am doing.

good luck. But your ankles already look great!! Haha
 
One thing is, I can feel some differences. Smaller clothes fit or fit better for example. I guess some of the fat is burning off even if the scale doesn't show it. Muscle weighs more, right?

I would definitely say if you're going by the scale alone, you're not going to get a real picture of the results you're actually getting. I don't get hung on weight--I probably outweigh a lot of men, but I'm tall and naturally fairly muscular and that makes a big difference. Body composition is a huge piece of the puzzle. It sounds to me like you're making a lot of healthy choices--the other thing is that sometimes our bodies just find their happy weight, even if it's not the weight/size we thought we were aiming for. Not everyone's body is designed to be ripped, and most people that are ripped have to work REALLY hard to maintain that--it's just not all that natural. I highly recommend checking out the chick at GoKaleo; her insights are great, especially in adjusting mindset and self-perception, which are usually totally fucked thanks to mainstream culture and its hyper-focus on appearance.
 
The Metabolic Diet will shed pounds fast and easily if you have will power to cut the carbs and go into keytosis.


http://www.poondiet.com/diet.php


This is often used to resume weight loss when your progress has stalled. Give yourself two weeks of 20g of carbs per day. (No fruit in that time is important)
 
Last edited:
Damn this thread was a long time ago.

Lost track for a while and lost a lot of progress, but I got back into it over the summer. Today, I got into a pair of jeans I never thought I would. They may have been mismarked by a couple of sizes, because I could never even get the pulled up. Today, I was able to get them fastened and zipped and could wear them for a while with no problem. Tight, yes ... think 'painted on'.

It's the little things that show progress I guess.
 
Damn this thread was a long time ago.

Lost track for a while and lost a lot of progress, but I got back into it over the summer. Today, I got into a pair of jeans I never thought I would. They may have been mismarked by a couple of sizes, because I could never even get the pulled up. Today, I was able to get them fastened and zipped and could wear them for a while with no problem. Tight, yes ... think 'painted on'.

It's the little things that show progress I guess.

What, camera broke??? :D

J/k, congrats!
 
Do or diet.

Seems to me, judging by your avatar, you're in pretty good shape already!
 
Damn this thread was a long time ago.

Lost track for a while and lost a lot of progress, but I got back into it over the summer. Today, I got into a pair of jeans I never thought I would. They may have been mismarked by a couple of sizes, because I could never even get the pulled up. Today, I was able to get them fastened and zipped and could wear them for a while with no problem. Tight, yes ... think 'painted on'.

It's the little things that show progress I guess.

I still suggest you get rid of your head. God knows it aint beautiful, and serves no purpose but as a noise maker.
 
Tls

I'm a trainer/fitness coach. Private message me
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few pointers that actually works:

6 small meals as compared to 3 big meals.

Cut out all bread, flour, pasta and white rice. switch to Brown rice, Barley, and Sweet potatoes.

Don't cut fat totally but consume healthy fats such as Avocado and eggs.

Don't consume too much fruits (the natural sugar can be a silent killer)

If you are working out don't hit your abs every day which will just make the remaining fat stubborn.

Good luck! :)
 
What, camera broke??? :D


Nope.


attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Chic1.jpg
    Chic1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
Damn! Well done indeed! Feel free to post more pictures of that view.....


DS
 
Back
Top