Starting to write my first story. But what do i need to know?

Subdom11

New writer
Hello,

Im very new to writing. Like never wrote anyting beside school work. I have read tons of erotic story's. Most of them BDSM/Blackmail/Submission related. And im bussy writing my first ever story. Because its my first. I would love to get tips and tricks. First i wil tell some of my hickups. English is not my first language so im writing in dutch and would let it translate in Google translate. Or im thinking about letting AI do this. Second is im trying to write from te girls perspective (im male). Wich i found sometimes bit difficult.

Would love to hear all of the tips for starters!

Write your story, have someone read it (and you can find an editor on Literotica.com) and then publish!

You can also post it on the boards and look for a reader to tell you if you make mistakes.

Good luck!

First i wil tell some of my hickups. English is not my first language so im writing in dutch and would let it translate in Google translate. Or im thinking about letting AI do this
This could be tricky, as ai still isn’t 100%. In this case, it doesn’t sound like a bad option tho.

As other posters have said, you can find someone to look over your work and give you suggestions after you do a Google translate.

Second is im trying to write from te girls perspective (im male). Wich i found sometimes bit difficult.
This may be difficult, but not impossible. I’ve written a couple of stories but I’ve written from a third person perspective.

I think if you are a non-native English speaker, keeping your first story simple may be helpful. JMO.

Appreciate the reply. Is it a bad idea to just put my story online when its finished? To hopefully get some reactions? If not where to find someone to look it over?

I totally agree! I should try to keep it simple. And step away from girls perspective. Third person sounds more accessible. What is your opinion on this?

Appreciate the reply. Is it a bad idea to just put my story online when its finished? To hopefully get some reactions? If not where to find someone to look it over?

I totally agree! I should try to keep it simple. And step away from girls perspective. Third person sounds more accessible. What is your opinion on this?
I think the third person telling the story would reduce a level of difficulty, since the Dutch to English translation is a given.

Once you've written your story, run it through an English spelling and grammar checker. I use Grammarly on my PC.

My first story was three female leads, celebrity femslash. It’s still my biggest success 17 years later. My advice? Figure out what you want to write and for your speaker, pick the character most like yourself that fits the story. For me with “Fear, Lust, & Vanity” this was an atheist a-list actress who was more of a wannabe swinger than a committed one. Some bisexual experience but not much. Willingness to get more experience once she dropped her boundaries. Of the three leads, she is Vanity. ScarJo if you need the character’s name. Very much not like me in real life. If I can achieve success, you can too. Does this help your confidence? Hope so.

That was my go big or go home kick down the door story. For a male character in a much simpler story, a guy more like me, check out “Compensation”. A sound engineer seeking to help a one hit wonder singer who finds her attractive but doesn’t consider sleeping with her that necessary. He ends up her romantic partner. Advice here? Let your characters not close to you in perspective take the leaps the characters close to you in perspective won’t. How does the man with boundaries handle the Amazon willing to assault his battlements? Imagine what you want, write it.

Oh, and read what you got before submitting with a detached view. If it gets you hot, good. Fix any problems you see. That’s the advice from my editor.

My first story was three female leads, celebrity femslash. It’s still my biggest success 17 years later. My advice? Figure out what you want to write and for your speaker, pick the character most like yourself that fits the story. For me with “Fear, Lust, & Vanity” this was an atheist a-list actress who was more of a wannabe swinger than a committed one. Some bisexual experience but not much. Willingness to get more experience once she dropped her boundaries. Of the three leads, she is Vanity. ScarJo if you need the character’s name. Very much not like me in real life. If I can achieve success, you can too. Does this help your confidence? Hope so.

That was my go big or go home kick down the door story. For a male character in a much simpler story, a guy more like me, check out “Compensation”. A sound engineer seeking to help a one hit wonder singer who finds her attractive but doesn’t consider sleeping with her that necessary. He ends up her romantic partner. Advice here? Let your characters not close to you in perspective take the leaps the characters close to you in perspective won’t. How does the man with boundaries handle the Amazon willing to assault his battlements? Imagine what you want, write it.

Oh, and read what you got before submitting with a detached view. If it gets you hot, good. Fix any problems you see. That’s the advice from my editor.
Well thanks alot! This deffenitly helped. You give very good advice on how to lead the story. And how to use words to build arround it! Im going read your post often when writing to help me remember your advice. Thank you!!

I am not qualified to give advice on this subject, but I will tell you what I do. I pull out my favorite books, and I study the author's style and methods. I know this has improved my writing ability over the years, but that doesn't necessarily mean I am a good writer. Either way, I enjoy writing, so I do it when I can. Writing takes practice, so write as much as you can and don't be afraid to try new things.

Succes!

Well thanks alot! This deffenitly helped. You give very good advice on how to lead the story. And how to use words to build arround it! Im going read your post often when writing to help me remember your advice. Thank you!!
I recommend scouring the internet for research, in particular the How-To & Reviews & Essays sections here on Lit. Also read stories you enjoy and get to know what you intend to write. Make sure your writing turns you on or it probably won’t work on your readers.

Also get some comfortable niches, stability can aid a capricious muse. A challenge can also help. Mine is making fantasy reality movies with sex cgi that would challenge the actors involved. I figure such a thing would appeal to my subjects, or at least my fantasy depictions of them, plus their fans, and this eases a lot of the tension in me. It has allowed me to get out the mostly praised stuff I’ve released.

Still beating that tension down again after a long hiatus my introvert nature and bipolar disorder and the pandemic didn’t help, but I hope to write more when the time is right. In the meantime if readers want to rate & review my published work here or on AO3, feel free.

Hello,

Im very new to writing. Like never wrote anyting beside school work. I have read tons of erotic story's. Most of them BDSM/Blackmail/Submission related. And im bussy writing my first ever story. Because its my first. I would love to get tips and tricks. First i wil tell some of my hickups. English is not my first language so im writing in dutch and would let it translate in Google translate. Or im thinking about letting AI do this. Second is im trying to write from te girls perspective (im male). Wich i found sometimes bit difficult.

OK ... there's an old saying that writing is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. First off, use a seriously good spelling and grammar checker. One that has an adjunct AI component such as Grammarly. A subscription costs about ten bucks a month. I think it's worth it. Also, identify stories that you like. The question you should ask yourself. 'Why did I like that story?' Write about things you know about. Before you post the story, put it aside for two or three weeks or more. Go on to something else, something new. When you come back to the story you'll have a fresh eye. The most important thing to always remember, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

Proof read.... Proof read... Proof read. I use a free editing software - Grammarly. It's not perfect, but it sure helps in punctuation, word usage, and sentence structure.

One last thing... don't let negative comments get to you. Most are from those who couldn't put two sentences together.

So, just have fun and enjoy the satisfaction of creating and publishing a story for all of us to read.

Proof read.... Proof read... Proof read. I use a free editing software - Grammarly. It's not perfect, but it sure helps in punctuation, word usage, and sentence structure.

One last thing... don't let negative comments get to you. Most are from those who couldn't put two sentences together.

So, just have fun and enjoy the satisfaction of creating and publishing a story for all of us to read.
Thanks i will definitely use that program! Many people suggested this.

Great advice i love reading it myself so far. Hope people will like it too.

Hello,

For the translation you should check out DeepL, you’ll get better results than with any other translation tool.

My manager was a bulky person who was around 6 feet and was very strong. He caught my face and kissed me on my lips. I started to kiss him back as his fingers reached my pussy which was so wet already. He started to finger it with all his 4 fingers.

Initially, it was painful but the kissing stopped my shouts from coming out. Once he confirmed that my pussy was wide enough, he lifted me in the air as I placed my legs around him. My manager pushed his big fat dick into my pussy. As I sat on his dick, a loud moan, “Ahhhhhhhhh..” escaped my mouth.

I could feel my pussy being stretched beyond its limits. I was in a trance as it was a new feeling. My husband used to go deep but this dick was widening my pussy. It took me to a new world where I started to jump on his dick. He placed his hands under my ass and started to spread my ass cheeks while I continued to jump on his dick.

I rode my manager in a standing position for a good 10 minutes and cummed on his dick. He put me down and turned me and started to roll his hands on my ass and whispered, “I wanted to fuck you from the first day I saw you in the office. This ass of yours made me long for you.” I replied, “It’s all yours now.”

Hmm. Honest critique. Decent effort. You need to play up the consent angle however. Make clear that what’s happening is welcome to the woman despite the size difference and work relationship. Definitely play up the need for privacy too, some people have issues with public displays of affection. You don’t want to encourage sexual harassment, I hope. Make the encounter hotter if you can also. 3/5.

Back