When conventions collide (2016 reboot pm to join)

DesmondExile

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Posts
144
** Hello everyone, this srp died a premature death and I want to give it another go. If you are interested drop me a pm. "

Jason Marquise:
I looked up in dismay at one of the three flatscreen TVs in the hotel lobby. The weather forecast showing that the hurricane which has been pummeling the Bahamas is tracking north and will not hit the cluster of hotels, convention centers and strip malls that I have been residing in for the past three days for a teachers convention. The dismay came from the fact that the storm is aiming straight for my hometown.

"Well hopefully I can get back after it blows out." I say to myself as I inch up the checkout line, travel back tightly packed along with swag bags from the latest education pushers.

"Airports and bus stations in Mason and Duke counties are closed" the announcer said.

At the same moment my phone buzzed. I reached in to my suit jacket and saw that it was my principal to all of the staff.

DONT BOTHER COMING IN TOMORROW EVERYONE BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES STAY DRY it read.

Then another message to me. :SORRY JM YOUR STUCK. WE CAN'T REMBURSE YOU FOR THE EXTRA TIME. KEEP ON TRUCKING
followed by several presumably mood lifting emojis.
Did I mention that I hate my bosses way of delivering bad news.

I face palmed and shook it off. I looked out at the bright sky through the lobby windows. and realized how busy it was around me. People were setting up registration desks, and signs. A whole lot of people with storage boxes and display cases were rolling in. Another convention I thought. At least the folks seemed happier and well... different than the one that just ended.

There were men and women in leathers, tshirts that said things like "fuck machine" and "It ain't sensual unless its consensual" and a huge banner reading "Come as your are 20015"

I almost didn't hear the receptionist calling for me. I explained to her my recently revised situation and she gave me more bad news. The hotel was booked solid for the "other convention". She said with a bit of a grin nodding towards the banner. However, she did assure me that there are always last minute cancellations.
"you can wait here or go down to the bar" she said and offered me four complimentary drink tickets.

I sighed, took the tickets and went over to the bar, stepping out of the way of the arriving conventioneers. I must have stuck out a bit in my business suit and got more than a few appreciative stares from the conventioneers.

The bar wasn't very full at the time but it had a few groups scattered about talking lively. I couldn't help but smile a bit as I settled down on the barstool and ordered a beer.

Some one had left a guide for the "other" convention on the counter. I flipped through it as I sipped my beer. "Come As You Are 2016- Erotic Exhibitionism and Excitement"

I smiled recalling some of my more kinky college days. not able to help but wonder what my principal would think of me sitting in a bar at 11AM on a Thursday drinking and reading about bondage classes and rules for the orgy room....
 
Back
Top