30 in 30 Companion Thread

My dear GP, you are off to a flying start. You noir poem is so...noir...through and through. It's really good: cohesive and imagistic.

I also like your first entry. When my son was a toddler he slipped off in a department store and your poem exactly expressed how it felt. It was one of those "I turned my back for a second" things and I was freaking out. He had climbed into a shelf of pillows and fallen asleep. :eek: I almost had a stroke before I found him. And then my daughter did a disappearing act for a few minutes when she was little, too. Kids! I'm amazed I've survived raising them.

I love how you and Trix and Callie and Remec are heating up the 30/30. :)

Ooh, GP your 1-2 is so good, like a little black and white film clip running in my head. Love it!

My dear GP, you are off to a flying start. You noir poem is so...noir...through and through. It's really good: cohesive and imagistic.

I also like your first entry. When my son was a toddler he slipped off in a department store and your poem exactly expressed how it felt. It was one of those "I turned my back for a second" things and I was freaking out. He had climbed into a shelf of pillows and fallen asleep. :eek: I almost had a stroke before I found him. And then my daughter did a disappearing act for a few minutes when she was little, too. Kids! I'm amazed I've survived raising them.

I love how you and Trix and Callie and Remec are heating up the 30/30. :)

Aaw, thanks you guys........just because it's a flying start doesn't mean I won't sputter. :D

Ooh, GP your 1-2 is so good, like a little black and white film clip running in my head. Love it!

What Trix said. :)

And, Trix, your 1-10 is brutal. That's a compliment.

Remec, yours made me chuckle.

Maybe tonight I'll finally get lucky with sleep. :D

GP, I'm enjoying the stories you're telling. Winter Stream gave me a chill. Good stuff. :)

Thanks so much. 30 in 30 is a tall order........:confused:

It really is. :)

It's literally more poems than I've written prior to starting the challenge, in the nine months or so since I started writing poetry. I've been using it to experiment with some forms that have caught my eye, and have just been playing around with stuff the last week or so. Some of it is silly and not particularly good, but I'm learning a few new things and having some fun with it.

Today's piece was unexpected. I was planning to write about something else, but before I got started, I happened across a trigger for something entirely different. I may revisit it sometime later and work on it again, once I've had some time away from it.

Welcome to the fray, Angeline. I was so happy to see you'd joined us. :rose:

Trix, remec, callie......great stuff all. Good to see Ange back for another round. :D

Today's piece was unexpected. I was planning to write about something else, but before I got started, I happened across a trigger for something entirely different. I may revisit it sometime later and work on it again, once I've had some time away from it.

Welcome to the fray, Angeline. I was so happy to see you'd joined us. :rose:

Thank you. It's fun to write with a group. Also~

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name. :D

Cheers-sign-christmas-ornament.jpg

(I'll start regretting it in about four days lol.) :rose:

Thank you. It's fun to write with a group. Also~

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name. :D

(I'll start regretting it in about four days lol.) :rose:

I used to know that song. Now that I'm playing the piano again, I'm tempted to see if I'm up to it yet. :)

Trix, I enjoyed your blitz and your reading of it.

GP, I can't add anything that Angeline and GM haven't said. That one hits deep.

Angeline, your poem goes so well with the song, which I'd never heard. It's gorgeous.

Remec, nicely done.

Ahhhh.... all caught up. I barely had time to read my own yesterday. :)

Trix, I enjoyed your blitz and your reading of it.

GP, I can't add anything that Angeline and GM haven't said. That one hits deep.

Angeline, your poem goes so well with the song, which I'd never heard. It's gorgeous.

Remec, nicely done.

Ahhhh.... all caught up. I barely had time to read my own yesterday. :)

That poem is about Johnny Hodges (one of his nicknames was Jeep), who spent most of his life playing alto sax with Duke Ellington. His sound is so beautiful, isn't it? He is also known for looking totally impassive when he played. Never cracked a smile. He said it was caused by him being nervous. Lord knows his playing is like the total opposite of nervous lol. That recording does not have the Duke on it, but it's my fave of the song.

Oh GP, your 1-7 is evocative and so moving. Your writing is delicate and strong at the same time. :)

Arrgh...messed up again...I was completely under the weather overnight on Sat...up several times...tempted to call in work last night...but I want to Walmart and got their Ny/Dayquil knockoffs, doped myself up, and crashed

Only, I reset my alarm for am instead of pm, so instead of having a good 15-20 min to come up with something for 30in30, I woke up, like 10 min after I should have been at work (and that only because I happened to open my eyes while rolling over in bed and caught sight of the clock)

*sigh*
Oh, well, kicking off a new try...

Arrgh...messed up again...I was completely under the weather overnight on Sat...up several times...tempted to call in work last night...but I want to Walmart and got their Ny/Dayquil knockoffs, doped myself up, and crashed

Only, I reset my alarm for am instead of pm, so instead of having a good 15-20 min to come up with something for 30in30, I woke up, like 10 min after I should have been at work (and that only because I happened to open my eyes while rolling over in bed and caught sight of the clock)

*sigh*
Oh, well, kicking off a new try...

Ouch! That stings, I know. Well, I'll be glad for the company. :)

Ouch! That stings, I know. Well, I'll be glad for the company. :)

Glad to be with such a smart and pretty girl. :D Maybe I could manage to get some of that musicality to rub off on me...although I'd totally have to submerge myself in some jazz and blues videos..Youtube's algorithm will think I've gone bonkers, hehehe :catroar:

:cool:

Glad to be with such a smart and pretty girl. :D Maybe I could manage to get some of that musicality to rub off on me...although I'd totally have to submerge myself in some jazz and blues videos..Youtube's algorithm will think I've gone bonkers, hehehe :catroar:

:cool:

<Gives you side eye and a Mona Lisa smile.>

I'm trying to write based on a piece of music every day. It can be any music. I am trying to theme the 30/30 a la Tzara and Desejo. We'll see if it works. :cool:

You could try it. Any form or free verse, but based on any piece of music. It'll be like a party. Maybe...lol

Well done all! It's a tall order to come up with something every day.

Thanks to every one for all the words of encouragement, both in here and PMs. :heart:

Well done all! It's a tall order to come up with something every day.

Thanks to every one for all the words of encouragement, both in here and PMs. :heart:

I want to go into your poem and stay a few days! It sounds lovely there. As long as the quail don't peck. :D

Back