Lounge Of Authors Jeff Wiles Plagiarism

Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Posts
8
Author Jeff Wiles has a book called A Father's Love, copyright 2015.

http://www.loungeofauthors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/A-Fathers-Love-Half.pdf

I wrote that and put it on Literotica back in 2014:

https://www.literotica.com/s/a-fathers-love-7

His "book" appears to be a literal word-for-word plagiarism of my work. Lounge Of Authors is selling the book for 1.99. I have sent them an email to remove that work, but I wanted to let other Literotica authors know of what I've found and to check this site for any other potentially plagiarized stories.
 
Author Jeff Wiles has a book called A Father's Love, copyright 2015.

http://www.loungeofauthors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/A-Fathers-Love-Half.pdf

I wrote that and put it on Literotica back in 2014:

https://www.literotica.com/s/a-fathers-love-7

His "book" appears to be a literal word-for-word plagiarism of my work. Lounge Of Authors is selling the book for 1.99. I have sent them an email to remove that work, but I wanted to let other Literotica authors know of what I've found and to check this site for any other potentially plagiarized stories.

Send a PM to Laurel who will point you in the direction of the steps to take.
See also the sticky: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1055555
 
It seems that Wiles has also ripped Linda's Discovery from this site, which is a hugely popular story here.

(assuming it's the exact same one)
 
Yeah, don't try to contact them thru there contact page, it never sends the email. Link is broken. Probably on purpose.

You may want to submit a DMCA complaint at abuse@enom.com. Of course you can't see who owns enon.com so it just might be the three authors and you will never hear back from them.
 
Last edited:
The scumbag has a Twitter account. Replying to the pinned tweet with links pointing to the original on Literotica would seem to be in order.
 
I've sent him a tweet but no reply. Might just be a bot since he/it keeps retweeting. I've started following some of his retweeted links and if any of those blogs have a comments section I let them know he's stolen my story and links to the original. :)
 
Called him out with both author accounts. Some of my followers apparently followed him, according to the sidebar, so at least they might take notice and drop him/call him out as well.
 
I appreciate everyone's support with this!

There's a part of me that's flattered that he'd find my stories worthy and good enough to actually plagiarize, however in the end it's something I cannot abide.

Thank you again, everyone!

MCN
 
Last edited:
The scumbag has a Twitter account. Replying to the pinned tweet with links pointing to the original on Literotica would seem to be in order.

Giood thought but what hsppens on social media is you do that to someone-even if its deserved- and their followers turn on you if you're using a Twitter associated with your own writing.

Good to see amazon is so diligent when publishing:rolleyes:

Smashwords nails these people quick and doesn't screw around

The fact that turner still has amazon account after having almost 300 stolen books removed shows you how series they take theft of indy material over there.
 
They also have a contact us page, which doesn't work...it doesn't recognize any email address entered. Big whoop.
 
Both LOA's and JW's twitter feeds appear to be nothing more than an endless supply of retweets based on certain keywords and hasttags. The LOA twitter account even retweeted one of my tweets where I called them out publicly for publishing stolen work! LOL.

I guess this is one of the dangers when you publish anonymously for free. :)
 
I guess this is one of the dangers when you publish anonymously for free. :)

*hugs*

Unfortunately it can happen even if you're through a publisher. It's happened to way too many M/M authors I know in the last two years alone.

Hell, some twit took a book of mine (and several other M/M authors) called Trouble Comes in Threes, changed *only* the character names and tried to call it fanfic on some free site. She'd already been called out on it and had taken the stories down by the time I learned of it. *shrug* I still notified my publisher so DSP could keep an eye on her. At least she hadn't tried to put it in the paying market.

Annoyed is the nicest way I can term what I was over that.
 
Update!!

I just wanted to give everyone who was reading/following this thread.

I finally received an email from Lounge of Authors:

Hello Sir

Sorry for the late response.
The Author (Jeff Wiles) has been notified.
The book has been effectively immediately removed by our team after verifying.
Thank You for notifying us.

Regards
John White

Granted, it took a little over a week and barrage of Twitter complains to various writing hashtags, but I finally did get something. In my reply of thanks to Mr. White, I included one of the complains I saw below where "author" Jeff Wiles also stole Linda's Discovery, so we'll see if anything comes of that.

I wanted to thank everyone here for their support and encouragement through all of this. It's been a bit of a pain and knowing people here had my back (electronically if nothing else) was a huge moral boost!

Thanks again everyone!
 
Back
Top